Drinking

Dom

Welllll....our rights are not guaranteed when abused. If you are convicted and in the slammer you lose the right to vote. You can also lose your right to own and use a firearm if you are a convicted felon. You know....I am ok with these. With rights come responsibilities if you abuse them you should lose them. If you are involved in a firearms accident and are under the influence there should be punishment...just like getting behind the wheel drunk. I didn't view his comments as antigen.......I viewed them as common sense. There is a difference between drinking and impaired.

I am amazed at how many people are defending drinking during the day while hunting. A couple at lunch time? You have got to be kidding me! Totally idiotic. Those that do that either have no self control or are not very serious hunters! To do any thing that "could" possibly inhibit your motor skills while soon to be having a firearm in your hands is flat out irresponsible!

Hmmmm... Seems that my "tongue in cheek" comment was taken seriously.

Funny..That cop that arrested me for molesting and mugging that 82 year old Nun didn't have a sense of humor either. What a world..!...

Sorry, but your comments weren't the only ones I was referring to. I have been on this earth for 48 years now and I have observed that many people who like to frequently joke about drinking actually just might have drinking problems. Of course they will never admit it. The substance abuser is always the last one to realize that they do indeed have a real problem. I'm in complete agreement with Fasteddie on this one. I simply can't understand why anyone would need to bring booze into the woods at all. If one can't wait until after the hunt, then I think that person just might have a real drinking problem. You guys can argue it and about all your rights all you want. You yourselves were the ones who put suspicion into some of our minds, be it jokingly or otherwise.

I have also in the past dealt with such stupidity.

No though it's not illegal its never a wise choice.

My suggestion is avoid him if it comes to the point

where he's over the limit and is visably intoxicated.

Most law enforcement even though not illegal do

have the power to remove the person for thier own

safety and the safty of others and theres also the

law of public intoxication in some areas.Good luck

and be careful

I have honestly never even thought about taking beer in the woods with me. When I fish I always have a flask with me and beers usually in the car. Honestly I carry enough crap with me in the woods i dont feel like lugging another few pounds of beer. I dont hunt from a camp i always drive to and from every day so I dont have the "camp" experiernce. I drink enough at night after the hunt to not have to worry about it during the day. I also worry about the saturday opener. I figure guys are getting their drink on Friday night after work and heading out to the stand still drunk in the morning (i know that happens to me at steelhead camp). Just doesnt make sense to mix alcohol and firearms.

Sorry, but your comments weren't the only ones I was referring to. I have been on this earth for 48 years now and I have observed that many people who like to frequently joke about drinking actually just might have drinking problems. Of course they will never admit it. The substance abuser is always the last one to realize that they do indeed have a real problem. I'm in complete agreement with Fasteddie on this one. I simply can't understand why anyone would need to bring booze into the woods at all. If one can't wait until after the hunt, then I think that person just might have a real drinking problem. You guys can argue it and about all your rights all you want. You yourselves were the ones who put suspicion into some of our minds, be it jokingly or otherwise.

Your first word was SORRY...

Okay, I'll accept your apology.

I am amazed at how many people are defending drinking during the day while hunting. A couple at lunch time? You have got to be kidding me! Totally idiotic. Those that do that either have no self control or are not very serious hunters! To do any thing that "could" possibly inhibit your motor skills while soon to be having a firearm in your hands is flat out irresponsible!

you do it the way you like and we do it the way we like, thats the beauty of living here in the USA. you wanna live in a country thats totally against drinking and forbids their people to do so move to Saudi Arabia. Edited by sits in trees

you do it the way you like and we do it the way we like, thats the beauty of living here in the USA. you wanna live in a country thats totally against drinking and forbids their people to do so move to Saudi Arabia.

Boy you really are going to fight for your right to drink in the woods with a leathal weapon in your hand aren't you. And from the sounds of it, you would much rather hunt with a guy that goes to the liquor store before the hunt than a guy that goes to church before he hunts. Sits in woods can hunt with drinks in woods if he wants but pretty ignorant if you ask me. Our hunting is way more serious than that attitude and we save our cold ones for recounting the days events after dark.

you do it the way you like and we do it the way we like, thats the beauty of living here in the USA. you wanna live in a country thats totally against drinking and forbids their people to do so move to Saudi Arabia.

Against drinking during the middle of the day while hunting with Firearms, yes. Against responsible drinking in appropriate situations, no.

It is impossible to make a logical argument that supports drinking while hunting.

Against drinking during the middle of the day while hunting with Firearms, yes. Against responsible drinking in appropriate situations, no.

It is impossible to make a logical argument that supports drinking while hunting.

you dont have to support it... just dont tell other people what they can and cannot do with their free time

they aren't hurting you or anybody else and don't say they might end up shooting somebody because you might end up shooting somebody too so I guess we shouldn't allow hunting either

Boy you really are going to fight for your right to drink in the woods with a leathal weapon in your hand aren't you. And from the sounds of it, you would much rather hunt with a guy that goes to the liquor store before the hunt than a guy that goes to church before he hunts. Sits in woods can hunt with drinks in woods if he wants but pretty ignorant if you ask me. Our hunting is way more serious than that attitude and we save our cold ones for recounting the days events after dark.

Id much rather hunt with somebody who drinks while hunting than somebody who blabs about god on the way to the woods

when did the men in this country turn into this big group of scaredy cats, ohhhh watch out for this , ohhh watch out for that, it can hurt you little wimps?

my god, my own mother didnt worry abour half the crap you guy's are sooo scared about when i was 4 years old? if you go thru life being soo afraid of every damn thing around the next turn how the hell do you exist? do you guy's even have the nuts to get behind the wheel of a car, forget hopping on a motorcyle.

we have grown into this society of be scared, be carefull, dont let your kids do that, that can cause cancer, you'll catch cold, have tubes shoved up yer butts, dont forget yer safety harness little toads. man we are scared of everything!

ahh heck im headin to my tree stand now with a thermos of expresso and no safety harness, i'll have the jitters so bad by 9 oclock i might just have to have a swigg of wine to keep me from fallin out of my ladder stand!

Edited by sits in trees
  • Like 1

when did the men in this country turn into this big group of scaredy cats, ohhhh watch out for this , ohhh watch out for that, it can hurt you little wimps?

my god, my own mother didnt worry abour half the crap you guy's are sooo scared about when i was 4 years old? if you go thru life being soo afraid of every damn thing around the next turn how the hell do you exist? do you guy's even have the nuts to get behind the wheel of a car, forget hopping on a motorcyle.

we have grown into this society of be scared, be carefull, dont let your kids do that, that can cause cancer, you'll catch cold, have tubes shoved up yer butts, dont forget yer safety harness little toads. man we are scared of everything!

ahh heck im headin to my tree stand now with a thermos of expresso and no safety harness, i'll have the jitters so bad by 9 oclock i might just have to have a swigg of wine to keep me from fallin out of my ladder stand!

agreed

This is a pointless conversation. Drinking while hunting cannot be justified,and it has nothing to do with being rugged or manly. It is idiotic and a terrible reflection for any kid or non hunter who comes in contact with that line of thinking not to mention a threat to the safety of any unfortunate hunter who happens to be in the same woods with a hunter who has been drinking.

It isn't about Freedoms either it is about practical common sense. I know some guys get off on being antagonists if that is the case with this topic than good one! High fives all around!

To advocate drinking while hunting in a public forum is insane. I am surprised a moderator hasn't shot this baby down.

This is a pointless conversation. Drinking while hunting cannot be justified,and it has nothing to do with being rugged or manly. It is idiotic and a terrible reflection for any kid or non hunter who comes in contact with that line of thinking not to mention a threat to the safety of any unfortunate hunter who happens to be in the same woods with a hunter who has been drinking.

It isn't about Freedoms either it is about practical common sense. I know some guys get off on being antagonists if that is the case with this topic than good one! High fives all around!

To advocate drinking while hunting in a public forum is insane. I am surprised a moderator hasn't shot this baby down.

I bet you think your hunting dosnt need to be justified don't you? I know I do so why should somebody enjoying a beer with lunch while they are out in the woods have to justify themselves to you or anybody else just because you don't do it or agree with it?

just because you cant handle a drink well enough to be trusted with a loaded firearm doesn't mean nobody else can..

I guess thats why they are called opinions.... they all vary. Everybody has there own opinions, and everybodyis entitled to them. Personally, i dont care what other people do, i just have my own set ways. if i drank while hunting, my ass woulda got kicked, and it was engraved in my head not to do it. its all in everyones very own tradition.

you dont have to support it... just dont tell other people what they can and cannot do with their free time

they aren't hurting you or anybody else and don't say they might end up shooting somebody because you might end up shooting somebody too so I guess we shouldn't allow hunting either

It is done all the time....do we as a society tell people that can not be intoxicated in public...be intoxicated and get behind a wheel?...rights and freedoms are not boundless. I am all for the right to bare arms....but do I want every one walking into my daughters school with a 6 shooter strapped on their hip?....nope. Do I think it would be ok to show up for a defensive driving course and they serve schotch as refreshment...probably not.