Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says.

Well this is no surprise. Never made sense how it would spread jumping person to person like fleas without anyone coughing.

Just avoid bar peanuts.  Sound advice from my buddy Reuben Feffer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Dont expect the news to report on any of it.

I definitely don't. My news is based on true eye-witness. I know people who have been at bars for weeks in nyc. Most of nyc this past weekend was like a frat party with everyone day drinking with masks hanging around their necks. 

• Like 1

I definitely don't. My news is based on true eye-witness. I know people who have been at bars for weeks in nyc. Most of nyc this past weekend was like a frat party with everyone day drinking with masks hanging around their necks. 
Yes outside drinking. But not in the actual bar itself

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

Yes outside drinking. But not in the actual bar itself

There was plenty of speak easy parties at bars indoors. Tons of articles about them too. No secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was plenty of speak easy parties at bars indoors. Tons of articles about them too. No secret

Ahh that I haven't seen probably because I'm not cool enough to be on a list to know about them. I've only seen the people that stand around outside

1 hour ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Ahh that I haven't seen probably because I'm not cool enough to be on a list to know about them. I've only seen the people that stand around outside

Angel's Share and Please Don't Tell are two I use to go to back in the day.  Expensive though.  Please Don't Tell you enter through a phone booth located inside Crif Dog's.

• Like 2

Angel's Share and Please Don't Tell are two I use to go to back in the day.  Expensive though.  Please Don't Tell you enter through a phone booth located inside Crif Dog's.
Yup. There was a cool one I went to a few years back but it was all a bunch of pretentious hipster types drinking goofy cocktails thinking they were fancy. It was lame as hell

57 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Yup. There was a cool one I went to a few years back but it was all a bunch of pretentious hipster types drinking goofy cocktails thinking they were fancy. It was lame as hell

You're just mad because they yelled at you for using the ladies room.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

d2f1b677f33566e58348c215c4e651c7.jpg&key=5dc14733e9adb378a934f34640e788a0682d95c27e172383e9ff2f1249682f5f

Nyc gonna be zero soon. My oh my how quickly it's gone

And yet my admin was telling us today that school will most likely open with half kids in school and half kids at home, then....get this....they are anticipating FULL CLOSURE by Nov/Dec. for the relapse. 2 months of distance teaching from my climber!!!!

I don’t think she liked my reply, “Really, I bet we don’t hear anymore about it after November 3.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

And yet my admin was telling us today that school will most likely open with half kids in school and half kids at home, then....get this....they are anticipating FULL CLOSURE by Nov/Dec. for the relapse. 2 months of distance teaching from my climber!!!!

I don’t think she liked my reply, “Really, I bet we don’t hear anymore about it after November 3.”

So she is predicting more bouts of the 'Rona than deer ruts this fall?

• Like 1

So she is predicting more bouts of the 'Rona than deer ruts this fall?

If there are more cases closing my school there will be no does left to breed!!!! I may be investing in a box freezer just in case to supplement the present three combo fridge/freezer

• Like 2

If there are more cases closing my school there will be no does left to breed!!!! I may be investing in a box freezer just in case to supplement the present three combo fridge/freezer

Yea man now that I have spots close to home, if we shut down in the fall I’ll hunt every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

GFs daughter had a final exam online for college last week for her language elective.  Her language elective was sign language.  Cracked me up that she had an online final exam in sign. 

And I still say mask mandate is gone by Sept 1. 

• Like 1

It would be great to see the rates stay low - it means that the majority of folks got the message and are trying to do the smart things like wash their hands frequently and what-not. An ounce of prevention goes a long way. The message here at my University is that we're planning to open early and recess by Thanksgiving, with finals administered remotely. ASL, though? I guess you can Zoom one-on-one, or use really good pictures. What's been really tough is dealing with labs, where practical experience rules. And then there's the fraction of students who can't get back to school because of travel restrictions or visa issues. It's going to be an evolving situation, for sure, if evolving means nobody knows for sure what's likely to happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

d2f1b677f33566e58348c215c4e651c7.jpg

Of course, I'm sure that you are aware that percentages are meaningless without historical trends to compare them. My take on your post is that these numbers are practically zero. BUT - 1% of 50,000 is 500. Per day. And that is only the number from the 50,000 that were tested. Extrapolate that to the population of NYC. In other words, getting better, but far, far from being gone. But we can dream. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

d2f1b677f33566e58348c215c4e651c7.jpg

Not so sure about "quickly".  We're approaching 100 days of lock down.  Countries that had a quicker response did it in 60 days.

Of course, I'm sure that you are aware that percentages are meaningless without historical trends to compare them. My take on your post is that these numbers are practically zero. BUT - 1% of 50,000 is 500. Per day. And that is only the number from the 50,000 that were tested. Extrapolate that to the population of NYC. In other words, getting better, but far, far from being gone. But we can dream. 

But again this is only an issue for elderly and sickly people. So that’s why numbers are dropping so quickly