Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I wish I had 4-6 weeks of vacation. I only accrue 3 weeks and can carry over a years accrual. So this year I have roughly 5 weeks vacation I'll take some in the fall and some long weekends here and there but I don't take much time because I'm too valuable and if something gets screwed up it's literally tens of thousands of dollars vaporized instantly

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

tens of thousands is nothing. when i'm out millions can be lost, but it shouldn't happen. it's called a team. i take my 6 weeks vacation every single year like everyone else. Think about it, if your company can't afford you to be on vacation why aren't they paying you millions?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

tens of thousands is nothing. when i'm out millions can be lost, but it shouldn't happen. it's called a team. i take my 6 weeks vacation every single year like everyone else.
If an account is lost because someone fcks something up you can be the losses will be in the 10s of millions.

Just now, The Jerkman said:

If an account is lost because someone fcks something up you can be the losses will be in the 10s of millions.

so you have no team? you should be making 10's of millions per year then. what happens if you quit or die? get paid!

• Like 1

so you have no team? you should be making 10's of millions per year then. what happens if you quit or die? get paid!
Our team keeps getting cut. I'm currently doing the work of 5 people. And I agree I should be getting paid 10s of millions a year but sadly I am not. And if I decided to leave I'm sure there would definitely be some pain for the remainder of my team.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Our team keeps getting cut. I'm currently doing the work of 5 people. And I agree I should be getting paid 10s of millions a year but sadly I am not. And if I decided to leave I'm sure there would definitely be some pain for the remainder of my team.

work of 5 people , so demand the salary of 5 people since they only paying benefits for 1 or go elsewhere and get paid what you are worth

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Time for you to find another job.  Why would you do the work of 5 people??  How does that benefit you?  Certainly not monetarily from what you are saying.  Only one benefitting is your employer, and when the time comes they will cut you like they did the others and won't give a hoot that you were breaking your back for them.  

• Like 3

Time for you to find another job.  Why would you do the work of 5 people??  How does that benefit you?  Certainly not monetarily from what you are saying.  Only one benefitting is your employer, and when the time comes they will cut you like they did the others and won't give a hoot that you were breaking your back for them.  

In fairness nobody was cut they merely went to different areas of the firm. They just weren't replaced

Just now, steve863 said:

+1........where'd the salaries/benefits costs of those 5 other people go? get your money or leave

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You were the janitor?

Common saying in the FD .

But since I mopped floors and scrubbed toilets at the firehouse , you could say that I was . Oh and many LTs and Capts no longer did housework ,but I always cleaned the back bathroom ,as a way of showing Ill do anything I’d ask them to do .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You keep those kind of numbers up and you might have a good shot at working for someone like biz somewhere down the road.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Cause he's old and lazy?  They don't use Computer Punch cards anymore!  :)

Problem is right now the market is flooded with people looking for work and many companies are on a hiring freeze.

There’s only 1 Jerkman though.

You cannot beat his meat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I haven't posted here in a while since my mom recovered from the virus. I still can't see her. We visit from outside and talk to her through her window two floors up. Its really hard for her. At 87 you don't have much left except family. I can't look into her eyes or touch her. We need to get out of this. I have people flying in from Tennessee and I told them coming to NY you have to isolate yourself for 14 days. They wont do it. 4th of July is here and many people will be out and about no masks no social distancing. I believe after this weekend and in a few weeks the country goes on lock down again. The market will crash more than the first time and people will realize how delicate the situation is. I hope this does not happen and I am wrong. I will wear a mask out in public. I havre no problem with it. I hope you do too.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

There’s only 1 Jerkman though.

You cannot beat his meat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, the cream always rises to the top !

our youngest got a five figure bonus the end of a May , and a promotion with a five figure raise in June .

• Like 5