arrow stuck in but there is good amount of blood.Wait?

arrow nocker

She was at 23 yards and quartering away a little.I hit her in the boiler room but then watched her bound of with my arrow sticking out.I waited about 30 mins the looked to see if there was blood.About 10 yards into it i found some good dark blood.the further i went the more there was.I wasnt sure so i backed off and went to house.

How long should i wait?think shes dead?

dont want to jump her.And loose her.

I think i heard her get up then flop back down but i could be mistaking it for some thing else or another deer just moving.

I think it went into her boiler room and got stuck in her right front shoulder.

Edited by arrow nocker

Sounds like you may have hit her back just a little bit. Dark blood usually means a liver hit. I would normally let it wait till first light tomorrow but I know there is crappy weather moving in and you dont want to lose the blood trail. Also I'm not sure if you got coyotes to worry about. With a liver hit you could risk pushing her....it could take hours for her to expire. Its a tough call. I would probably give her at least a few hours and then try to track her. If you happen to find a spot where she layed you will probably find a lot of blood but it also means you pushed her. I would back off if that happens. Good luck....I hope you find her quick.

If the blood was very dark sound like you could have hit the liver. Use your judgment on the amount of blood the first few bound the arrow might have been in the exit would pluging it up when she ran a bit it opened it up. Give her an hour or Two if you can then go in and try to do a slow walk on the blood trail. Good luck I hope you find her.

I followed the blood trail for about 80 to 100 yards.it started to get less and less.It was about the point i saw her last when she bounded off where i stated to loose the trail.I am going to wait till morning.She is up in the thick stuff and i dont want to jump her.If it dont go good in the morning i might have to call my buddy to bring his blood hound.I know that rage2 had to of tore her up inside.

My liver shot deer went 200 yards after a slight blood trail of 50. Look for every sign you can think of. I actually found hair on a wire fence, he was too weak to go over so he went through an opening. Look for tracks and start doing your circles from the last area you saw her. Good luck.

found her.Stiff as a board.Must have expiered shortly after i shot her.Had to come up and get my boy and cart.There was no blood up to the point she laid.60 yards from the last drop of blood.Found her with a grid search.Arrow right next to her.My rage2 BH is destroyed.All whell.Will get pics later.

liver was just barely hit.Heart had a hole in it.She expired shortly after i hit her.

the noise i heard that i thought was her getting up then falling down was correct.She got up stumbled back and fell.Asumming from the marks on the ground.

tenderloin for dinner tonight.

post-813-0-17308600-1319898845_thumb.jpg

Edited by arrow nocker