Remember These?

airedale

Pawing around through my fishing tackle and found my old belt hanging worm-bait box, low tech by today's standards, worm fishing is what I started on when first learning to fish as a young boy and is still one of my favorite ways to relax and enjoy fishing.

Al

2020-05-15_092526.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, airedale said:

Pawing around through my fishing tackle and found my old belt hanging worm-bait box, low tech by today's standards, worm fishing is what I started on when first learning to fish as a young boy and is still one of my favorite ways to relax and enjoy fishing.

Al

2020-05-15_092526.png

I can remember my Dad buying me my first one when I was about six...

• Like 1

I had this one. Worms always got to the bottom of a container. so this one would sit top down.  You rotated it over and opened the lid and all the worms were on top. The back had cut outs to feed your belt through. Loved that box. Eventually the spring broke.  in this picture I found on line it is actually sitting upside down

image.png.50783db1a833c0ad4d6839f6ae9b4ef3.png

• Like 2

my dad always carried one of these.  Usually a worm container inside.  When i go to the great beyond - wherever that is - I want to find myself walking along a trout stream and see my Dad sitting on a rock with a basket with tails sticking out of it like I always did. I would come back from my end of the stream and whether he went a mile or 100 yards there was always the biggest trout of the day in it and he would be sitting on a big boulder waiting.....Creel (basket) - Wikipedia

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:
my dad always carried one of these.  Usually a worm container inside.  When i go to the great beyond - wherever that is - I want to find myself walking along a trout stream and see my Dad sitting on a rock with a basket with tails sticking out of it like I always did. I would come back from my end of the stream and whether he went a mile or 100 yards there was always the biggest trout of the day in it and he would be sitting on a big boulder waiting.....Wicker_creel.jpg&key=b8e13d540bbe2e0345d2f0627c6d5cee9afba9152db09ba86a742b0832eb0255

I have a willow creel. It keeps fish surprisingly cool when they are layered with grass and occasionally dipped in the crick

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...