Countdown to Saturday

Suilleabhain

The pork sounds great, but I'd have to pass on the blood pudding.

It's just one of those things that never sounded appealing to me, like eating brains...

How old is the gent who gets to stick the pig this year ?

He is 57. His dad used to do it but he passed two years ago.

Pygmy, how about some chipmunk stew at Growalot's? I'm sure she has a good story or five for us! LOL You don't even need to call her if you decide to come over. She has a radar on top of her house that detects all movement up to 10 miles away so she'll know your coming. LOL

Chipmunk stew sounds great, Steve... I'll bring along a couple quarts of pickled woodcock gizzards to go with it.

Can't wait to hear the stories..

Maybe she'll tell us about the time she bushwhacked 3 deadly spotlighters in her pajamas..!!...

I'll bet she STILL hasn't figured out how they got in her pajamas..!!..

Ok so here it is, a wiki description and a picture of the pudding:

The pudding is a sweet cream based chocolate fondant bitter, recognized traditional food product of Basilicata . It is traditionally prepared in the period of Carnival , along with other sweets such as chat .

The pudding is eaten accompanied by Savoy , who also garnish the bowl. In the kitchens of Liguria , Marche , Abruzzo (where eaten spread on bread ), Calabria and Campania .

The pudding is flavored with blood, fresh pork , which provides him with a characteristic acidic taste. In some Italian regions, the sale to the public of the blood, pork was banned in 1992 , which is why the preparation of the pudding should only take place immediately after slaughtering.

post-639-0-20230300-1321555750_thumb.jpg

Where can I get some? I would like to try some. My mom makes this pigs blood jello cubes that she then stir fries with vegatable or throws into soup. Looks like tofu except it's reddish brown and has a gamey, minerally taste.

I'm into trying different cuisines. I'd figure that thousand of people in their respective cultures eat that stuff and enjoy it so it is only bad because we culturally are close-minded to accept their way of thinking. Keep in mind that there are millions of Hindu's who can't understand how we can eat a sacred animal such a cow.

Of the craziest stuff I've eaten: Deep fried grasshopper taco's at a Mexican restaurant. Scorpion on a toast in Santa Monica. Soft shell turtle in soup in China, Roasted Guniea Pig in Peru, and Bulls Penis in a Japanese restaurant. Of all the crazy things I've eaten, the Bulls Penis I had to spit back out because when you look at it, you can tell it's a penis and it was also much bigger than mine but it has no taste. Completely bland. Nastiest tasting food I've eaten was poi-poi (a root vegatable in Hawaii where they mash it into a pudding).

Where can I get some? I would like to try some. My mom makes this pigs blood jello cubes that she then stir fries with vegatable or throws into soup. Looks like tofu except it's reddish brown and has a gamey, minerally taste.

I'm into trying different cuisines. I'd figure that thousand of people in their respective cultures eat that stuff and enjoy it so it is only bad because we culturally are close-minded to accept their way of thinking. Keep in mind that there are millions of Hindu's who can't understand how we can eat a sacred animal such a cow.

Of the craziest stuff I've eaten: Deep fried grasshopper taco's at a Mexican restaurant. Scorpion on a toast in Santa Monica. Soft shell turtle in soup in China, Roasted Guniea Pig in Peru, and Bulls Penis in a Japanese restaurant. Of all the crazy things I've eaten, the Bulls Penis I had to spit back out because when you look at it, you can tell it's a penis and it was also much bigger than mine but it has no taste. Completely bland. Nastiest tasting food I've eaten was poi-poi (a root vegatable in Hawaii where they mash it into a pudding).

Not sure if you are familiar with Brooklyn but there is a Italian baker called Villabate on 18th ave & 70th street. They dont make it all the time so you would have to call ahead. If you google them you will find it.

Of all the crazy things I've eaten, the Bulls Penis I had to spit back out because when you look at it, you can tell it's a penis and it was also much bigger than mine but it has no taste. Completely bland.

Oh man, I could have a field day with this statement, Elmo. I won't go there, though. WNY was offended with the lead balls in the butt cheek yesterday. LOL

Apparently the season needs to get here for a few of you...

I'm just now starting to get excited. Had such a long bowhunting vaca that I've been in a burnout stage since then (thankfully I had to work since the return and didn't have to face a hunt or not hunt situation!).

I had been banging around the idea of buying a new slug gun...an H & R Ultra Slug with the tumbhole. Went into Gander 2x this past week to buy it...I stood at the counter for more than a half hour each time before I gave up and walked out. Nobody else has one in the area...obviously it is a busy time for them....but still. I figured I would buy it and tinker during the weeknights and if I felt comfortable with it I would hunt opener with it. Looks like the ol' 500 will be making noise instead. I put about 30 rounds through the 500 on Monday...she's shooting pretty good for a smoothbore.

I'll probably end up buying one on gunbroker instead now since there is no real rush.

Edited by phade