Broadhead sharpening

Hock3y24

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Scary sharp broadheads are undervalued in my opinion. I am striving to get mine ridiculously sharp this year.

I was shocked at how fast this worked on my black hornets, I haven’t even used the jewelry  compound on them yet and they are sharper than any head I’ve ever used.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

I highly recommend this stay sharp system. It got my used heads so sharp that I took my brand new heads apart and got them shaving sharp as well.

Thanks for the review! I was in need of a sharpener anyways, as I like to even touch up new blades. Just ordered!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Most broadheads are far from scary sharp out of the box. @Hock3y24,does the angle adjust on that jig or is it a set one?

It is a set angle, meant for replaceable blade Broadheads. Some heads have special angles though and they list them all for your specific head on their site or you can order a combo pack. 

• Like 1

any advantage this year!   when ones of those big corn field stalkers come by your stand!  

Was thinking if I could get the broadheads sharp enough, I could launch a few through the corn to cut some shooting lanes through it! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I don't shoot my broad heads at the target much and they are still sharp but y'all are making me nervous that they are not sharp enough. 

They come plenty sharp from the package ,if they dont then shoot a different brand. I keep one just for the target.

They come plenty sharp from the package ,if they dont then shoot a different brand. I keep one just for the target.

I am far to lazy to only shoot one broad head at a time. I shoot field tips up until late September then I’ll shoot a couple of rounds with the broad heads to make sure they are still hitting the same spot then I’ll switch back to field tips. So just guessing each broad head goes into the foam target 4-6 times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk