Another monster from the Ithaca area?

WNY Bowhunter

A buddy of mine sent me this pic saying that this buck was killed just south of Ithaca in a town called Danby. All I know is that there is a current year's NY tag affixed to his rack (I blurred the guy's face out). Anyone from the area know anything about the deer? Come on Joe, where you at buddy???!!!

PART951322165603800ddd.jpg

that thing is huge

it looks photo shopped tho, take a look at the left side of the rack which is on the right side photo. the drop tine and parts of the rack havea black line around it and the base seems like it has a funky angle? looks shopped just my opinion

that thing is huge

it looks photo shopped tho, take a look at the left side of the rack which is on the right side photo. the drop tine and parts of the rack havea black line around it and the base seems like it has a funky angle? looks shopped just my opinion

Good eye. It almost looks as if it's super imposed over the deer head itself.

Definitely looks photo shopped. Just look at how the rack seems almost 3D from the rest of picture, especially against the guys camo.

"Where did it say he was taken at? "

Wasn't specific out of respect for his friend he said, only said southerntier so Ithaca area sounds right. He stated that his friend that took the deer has been hunting and scouting his heart out and that it was a deserving buck. Sounds like the case of alot of hard work finally paid off....

Edited by troutman

For you guys that have a good understanding of B+C scoring- what's the call- A) a 7 pt mainframe w/4 droptines or B) 9 pt mainframe, 2 droptines and 2 mainbeams that droop down? I like option B although I can't say which way will score higher. Either way- helluva buck. That mass is awesome!

Looks to me like a 7-point main frame with 5 abnormal pts.. 4 of which are drops.. the drooping from drops look like they are acually coming of the bottom of the beam and aren't the main beam... closer inspection might prove different... it will probably have to be panel scored to get a concensus... when the time comes.. its a close call without it right in front of me

Edited by nyantler