Ammo Disposal?

Cabin Fever

Simple...gather a large 55 gallon drum,get newspaper, wood, old motor oil,and a old tire. Put the items in drum, light and let burn for 10 minutes. Gather ammo into large container, walk to drum, throw in ammo, and run like hell. After a few minutes you will hear banging and ricocheting. Don't worry...its all part of the process.Lol

However do not be cheap and try junking the brass by putting the bullets in a vice and hitting the primers with a nail. http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-277392.html

****EDIT**** This is a joke, do not do this

Edited by jr.deerslayer

Simple...gather a large 55 gallon drum,get newspaper, wood, old motor oil,and a old tire. Put the items in drum, light and let burn for 10 minutes. Gather ammo into large container, walk to drum, throw in ammo, and run like hell. After a few minutes you will hear banging and ricocheting. Don't worry...its all part of the process.

However do not be cheap and try junking the brass by putting the bullets in a vice and hitting the primers with a nail.

WTF?! :fie:

Edited by mossy725

Simple...gather a large 55 gallon drum,get newspaper, wood, old motor oil,and a old tire. Put the items in drum, light and let burn for 10 minutes. Gather ammo into large container, walk to drum, throw in ammo, and run like hell. After a few minutes you will hear banging and ricocheting. Don't worry...its all part of the process.

However do not be cheap and try junking the brass by putting the bullets in a vice and hitting the primers with a nail.

Be careful what you say in the internet, people just might listen.

What kind of ammo have you got ??

I might be interested in it... Damn shame giving perfectly good ammo away to the police...

I'm not sure what all there might be. Mainly odds and ends, box of this and that to see what brand/load the gun likes better, etc... Some old stuff, that I might question it's accuracy. It can't be mailed and probably wouldn't be worth the gas to pick it up anyway. You would be better off using the gas money and buying new stuff.

Check with your local police / sheriff office first; they may or may not accept that much. It become a task to log all that into evidence then bury it properly and account through evidence logs that all was destroyed.

Try a local gun club or make arrangement here to find a "good home" for what you have.

I have seen they evidence of someone who tried to "burn off" some active rounds.................. NOT PRETTY !!!

Ammo has to ship via UPS or Fedex ground. Do not take it to the post office....you will go to jail. UPS ground with the ORMD sticker is fairly cheap....I have shipped 1000s of rounds this way.UPS imo is the best priced.

Not so cheap anymore prices have skyrocketed out of control. Just sent 7 boxed of 16 gauge Brenneke slug, in the past it cost me 7.50. 3 days ago it cost me 13.00 dollars, I almost pooped a pickle. Wasn't worth mailing for me.