Red Squirrel

First-light

Last year I had a nest in the attic and they were a pain to get rid of. I got to camp and noticed the top of the propane tank has a nest in it. I went to remove it and found 4 babies almost ready to open eyes. I put it all back together and walked away. No way was I going to kill them. My question to the forum is can I move the nest about 10 yards tob placed behind my wood shed. Will she find the babies? Thanks old softie here! 

I would not move them now, at that stage of the game just wait a few days and they will leave the nest to go out on their own and be gone. Once they leave clean out the nest.

One more thing Lifebuoy soap is a great deterrent for any rodents. I learned it from a classic car guy, get a few bars and shave off and place the shavings in anywhere you find activity. Something about the smell keeps them away. 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, First-light said:

Last year I had a nest in the attic and they were a pain to get rid of. I got to camp and noticed the top of the propane tank has a nest in it. I went to remove it and found 4 babies almost ready to open eyes. I put it all back together and walked away. No way was I going to kill them. My question to the forum is can I move the nest about 10 yards tob placed behind my wood shed. Will she find the babies? Thanks old softie here! 

Since you touched it and disturbed the nest, she might build a new nest somewhere and move the babies to it by herself . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Four baby red squirrels on an umbrella rig is the best striper bait I can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A family friend was at a diner where we were camping up by the St Lawrence in Morristown and someone came over and asked if we were interested in some kittens.  He asked if they thought they could swim and would splash a lot in the water.  They asked why and he said muskies like ones that splash a lot otherwise he has to make little lifevests for them .  They looked with horror....lol.  

Oh and he didn't get a kitten...

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Haha 1