Cleaning up

Dom

Got out of work early today.Went to state land to clean up garbage left frm who ever it was left by.Why is it that people cant stop throwing trash where ever they want.This realy pisses me off.

Annoys the heck out of me. If you had the bag/pocket to carry it on your way in, you can as easily carry it on your way out.

I hunt a chunk of state land and every time I go out there I come back with some kind of discarded crap that somebody just threw on the ground. Pop bottles/cans, plastic sandwich bags, candy wrappers, etc. I also have found all kinds of non-biodegradable surveyor's tape, and several of those plastic helium party balloons that people are so fond of letting go.

In all fairness, it is not always hunters doing the littering. That same piece of land also has mountain bikers and hikers that flood every inch of it throughout the spring, summer and fall, and I know that a lot of it comes from them.

I hate that too. I am always picking up junk, and sometimes my pack gets pretty full at the end of the day. The worst are plastics and mylar balloons, environmentally.

During the summer months, I Geocache and we attend 'cache in, trash out' events on state land.

We find it on the farm all the time. Theres a decent sized creek that runs through the farm and when it goes over the banks, it deposits all kinds of crap on the land. Tires, bottles, plastic jugs, etc. We are always carrying junk out of the woods. State land does get abused by many though, I always carry a plastic bag to toss trash in when I go up there.

More than once I have had people arrested for dumping garbage on our property.If I find a garbage bag or bags left on our property I will dig trough the trash until I find a name and then call the Sherriff.Litterbugs really tick me off and our property is only about 3 miles from the landfill.They only charge $1.25 a bag.

Glad to hear other folks are picking up trash also . Whenever I go out if I see something I can clean-up i will. I can't tell you how many time I come in from small game hunting and I have to empty out my game pouch of empty beer can's, bottle's plactic cup's . It amazes me that people just throw this stuff on the ground. Slob's !

Today in the middle of a trail on "my" property I picked up one of those throw away hand warmers. The A.H. had to go out of his way to take it out of his pocket ! Why not wait to you get home and throw it in your trash !

I do not find much thankfully, but when I do, I get it out if there. I often find very old glass bottles around, not sure why. Found some gallon size glass bottles that said CLOROX on them, must have been pretty old.

Keep in mind that people lose things and drop things too. I have lost things in the woods that I am sure if someone found later would think I was a litter bug.

I do not find much thankfully, but when I do, I get it out if there. I often find very old glass bottles around, not sure why. Found some gallon size glass bottles that said CLOROX on them, must have been pretty old.

Keep in mind that people lose things and drop things too. I have lost things in the woods that I am sure if someone found later would think I was a litter bug.

Yeah, I would like to excuse the litter that I find as being some kind of accidental dropping of trash, but I really don't think that is what 99.99% of it really is ...... lol.

By the way, you might want to do a little research on some of those old bottles. There are people that collect some of them and will pay big bucks. If you find some old deserted dump out in the woods from a century or so ago, it sometimes pays off to spend a few minutes doing a bit of a quick archealogical explorationd checking out what kinds of things people usd to throw away. hey.....You never know .....lol.

I spent a good amount of time picking up empties every summer weekend at a park I do a lot of hiking and mountain biking. I consider it my park I spend so much time there.Takes hardly any effort to fill my pack and run them to town for a quick $2 to put towards my own cold beverage or my chance at a million$ on a scratch off,lol

What really irritates me the most is when I find the crap thrown in the weeds within a 20ft circle around a garbage can. Some energetic slobs even go through the extra effort to walk to the pond bank and toss their trash out to the center so nobody can get to it.

One of the snowmobile trails I hike in the winter has got to be traveled by some of the biggest slobs in creation. A fella could afford to miss a few days work if he didn't mind carrying a giant construction bag around for a few hours a day collecting cans.

Yeah, I would like to excuse the litter that I find as being some kind of accidental dropping of trash, but I really don't think that is what 99.99% of it really is ...... lol.

By the way, you might want to do a little research on some of those old bottles. There are people that collect some of them and will pay big bucks. If you find some old deserted dump out in the woods from a century or so ago, it sometimes pays off to spend a few minutes doing a bit of a quick archealogical explorationd checking out what kinds of things people usd to throw away. hey.....You never know .....lol.

I thought this too. I forgot I have them sitting in the shed. I'm going to look into some of them right now!

thank you to all that help with picking up trash. No matter any out door activity I always see it laying around. Makes me sick that people just toss it where ever. I always try to pick up what I can and happy there is more of us out there! My brother has picked up some nice pocket change while taking his dog on walks everyday. People toss soda and beer cans on his like you would not believe.

More than once I have had people arrested for dumping garbage on our property.If I find a garbage bag or bags left on our property I will dig trough the trash until I find a name and then call the Sherriff.Litterbugs really tick me off and our property is only about 3 miles from the landfill.They only charge $1.25 a bag.

I drive by the dump everyday and see where people dropped stuff off at the night. Just to save a few bucks and have the dump employees clean it up.

Im amazed by the amount of old TV's, full paint cans and stereo equipment that gets shot up and left on stateland. That stuff I just pile along the road and it disapears so apparently someone else is picking up stuff to.

There are some municipalities that make disposal of electronic equipment (TV and stereo equipment) and chemical waste (paint), a more difficult thing to dispose of. Much of that has special places and times of the year that such things can be disposed of. It becomes a bit of an inconvenience. So if those are the kinds of things that you are finding litering the landscape, that might be the reason why more and more of that kind of crap is showing up.

There are some municipalities that make disposal of electronic equipment (TV and stereo equipment) and chemical waste (paint), a more difficult thing to dispose of. Much of that has special places and times of the year that such things can be disposed of. It becomes a bit of an inconvenience. So if those are the kinds of things that you are finding litering the landscape, that might be the reason why more and more of that kind of crap is showing up.

I agree with this. Some places make it so damn hard to get rid of garbage. Not saying its right, but its no wonder you see crap all over.