Otto 2020 Deer Season

Otto

44 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Great deer and clearly a great shot! As a man with the culinary sense that I know you have do yourself a favor and make osso bucca with the shanks. One of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine too!  My friend and I still have a few from last year and we just scheduled next weekend for “Shanksgiving”.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Great buck! Is he going on the wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is  like Pennsylvania on this.  Need a recount with the other occupants of the house, but I am a Super Delegate, so......

• Like 2

Decided on a euro mount. I do have a plan for its display.

My taxidermist asked if he could use the cape for another client, so i saved it for him.

Got to weigh this deer too, field dressed, a tad under 175 maybe 170 or so.

cf2158717e976ce91d903821e9a9fdf2.jpg&key=57fbbd201842b45f6924a6fc646d508b67018ae088c051f936b4e6e7077ab73b562f4cec0dc016f772d8307304275f5b.jpg&key=3573f1c4ee5a59d5cb4c6c1f970a562bfb84ca73ad459095dd8b7a190b598c67

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First hunt since my harvest last week.  Morning sit in Jason’s double.  Saw a real nice buck about 80 yards away.  I think it was the browless 6 pointer I have a few pictures of.  He hung around for 20 minutes or so and then slowly walked away.  Was not interested in any grunts.  A few minutes after that a forked 4 pointer came out and was looking around.  

Good hunt and gets me psyched for gun season! 

• Like 1

Opening Day Gun: sat in the new Taj Mahal, Jason was in his double.  As of noon no deer seen.  A few shots heard around the neighborhood but nothing jumping around us.  I am in for a break, he is roughing it out for the whole dark to dark.   

• Like 1