What is this country coming to??

What you fail to understand is that 'the acts' that you referred to are different in that one is a horrific crime against defenseless children, and the other is simply a relationship between two consenting adults- a relationship that you don't understand. And, the only thing more pathetic than comparing the two is your lame attempt to backtrack. If you see a gay couple and it makes you uncomfortable, look away. If you see a child being raped and you 'look away', you're an accessory to a crime.

Some people just can't let this topic die. Adding fuel to the fire doesn't help. Let this one die.

Let's discuss anything but this, hunting, fishing, camping, trucks, etc. Something we all have in common!!

Edited by Dave

Married couples get a tax deduction for being married, they also get a tax deduction for having children. I know that you think tax deductions fall from the sky, but NO, tax deductions are paid for by other tax payers.

That's a nice attitude, if you don't like something bad that is happening then look away. I have a hard time knowing that a child who has no say in a gay couple raising him/her is being raised in that environment. I guess you are saying that you would have looked away at Sandusky's actions too. Unless of course you like that and don't find it offensive.

Guys, I don't mean to attack your lifestyles, it is okay that your gay. I don't blame you for being gay anymore than I could blame someone for being born handicapped. I just don't want to normalize abnormal behavior. Live with and do whatever you want, just don't expect society to look the other way as some call out to do.

is it just me or the more you type the more ignorant you sound?! first off we are not talking about sandusky, Completely different topic then the one you mentioned a few posts ago... Tax deductions? Its impossible to get back a noticable amount of taxes if you only pay so much into the system... Look at a good amount a gay men, they prob make more then me and you put together and prob pay a considerable amount of taxes each year. SO, if they qualify for recieveing some of that money back at the end of the year who are you to open your mouth? they are not say hey gay couple lets give you some of wooffers tax money are they? if they are your might not deserve it anyway with an attitude like that...

No one said anyone is gay but times have changed my friend just because a man like another man doesnt make him any less of a person then you or I and on top of that If that same gay man is in the military fighting for your rights id shut your mouth before you shoot it off about the very people who serve this country. Not only do you sound ignorant you sound un greatful for those gays who serve as if they are no bodies... growup

Holy smokes! Geno C actually got mad. he even said "Bro" like most LI guys. Welcome to the off season on the forum guys.

I once read a forum that was discussing gays in the military. Everyone shut up about it when someone from the military pointed out something to the effect of " well look at how many heterosexual relationships ruin families in the military" and " everybody on the bases knows who's gay and who's not". What's the big deal? To each his own.

If you don't want your kids thinking gay is cool or what not, until they're old enough to make that decision themselves, it's up to you to censor what they see.

LOl im sorry i could not keep my mouth shut on that one!

Some people just can't let this topic die. Adding fuel to the fire doesn't help. Let this one die.

Let's discuss anything but this, hunting, fishing, camping, trucks, etc. Something we all have in common!!

open forum, off season, politics... this is the end result. Its one thing to start a topic about politics but then to mention homosexuality in that matter is un called for when no one here knows who sisters, mothers, brothers, sons uncles and so are gay. thats not why we are all on here, we are not here to belittle anyone but it seems some are...

open forum, off season, politics... this is the end result. Its one thing to start a topic about politics but then to mention homosexuality in that matter is un called for when no one here knows who sisters, mothers, brothers, sons uncles and so are gay. thats not why we are all on here, we are not here to belittle anyone but it seems some are...

Geno, everyone on this site is different in many ways and this has a lot to do with the generation they were brought up in. Some were brought up in the 80's and 90's and even in the 2000's will not have the same ethical and moral values of those who grew up in the 50's, 60's 70's etc.

Generation i get, so generation aside it still does not give him the right. So you grew up in the 60s and hated black people due to the times grown up in you would think it would be ok bashing black people on here because you symathise with generation he grew up in? I really hope thats not the case because its wrong... Regardless the era you lived in. Its no excuse. Thats how i see it

It's funny the way you guys attack anyone with a differing opinion or perspective- immediately dismissing any thought process other than your own as naive and misguided. Then, you're so quick to make accusations of name calling, while declaring yourselves to be the stewards of 'patriotism and family values'. The best part is the religious photographs next to names of the guys posting hateful rhetoric. So many of you love to suggest that this website should be for right wing extremists only- then, you like to make silly statements about the values that this country was founded upon. I've always found hypocrits to be fascinating- and these threads never disappoint.

Right on Virgil.

Generation i get, so generation aside it still does not give him the right. So you grew up in the 60s and hated black people due to the times grown up in you would think it would be ok bashing black people on here because you symathise with generation he grew up in? I really hope thats not the case because its wrong... Regardless the era you lived in. Its no excuse. Thats how i see it

Geno, don't be naive that's life, whether good or bad you are dealing with people who have grown up with prejudices that were part of their family values. We all have them whether you want to admit it or not. Black vs White, Christians vs Jews Democrats vs Republicans and Liberals VS Conservatives, Countries vs other countries. In the 40's we were against the Japanese, the Germans, Italians. now it's the Arabs and the Muslims . But as you know things change over time with tolerance and education. But not for all !!!!! Edited by Dave

Dave, this i know... My point is its still not right to come out n let it rip. Like i said if he was bashing a jewish person or black person due to the generation he grewup in its no excuse. You cant say well i hate blacks, sorry im from the 50s or 60s... Lol dont work that way but i hear ya dave

Dave, this i know... My point is its still not right to come out n let it rip. Like i said if he was bashing a jewish person or black person due to the generation he grewup in its no excuse. You cant say well i hate blacks, sorry im from the 50s or 60s... Lol dont work that way but i hear ya dave

I would hope that we as people have progressed over time.

snapback.pngvirgil, on 18 January 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

It's funny the way you guys attack anyone with a differing opinion or perspective- immediately dismissing any thought process other than your own as naive and misguided. I've always found hypocrits to be fascinating- and these threads never disappoint.

The only people espousing hate here are those who oppose my posts. I have not posted one hateful thing and didn't even start the topic. You are full of hate, not me. I had a gay family member die of AIDS before they even knew what it was, so get off your soap box about having gay family and friends.

You want to see what hate is, then read this article written by a gay man, http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=obinsite

Does he sound normal to you? Actually he sounds as hate filled as some here. You may also want to look up www.spreadingsantorum.com

Edited by wooffer

Come on Dave don't make me angry here....you said that this country was founded on a basis of religion when in fact it was founded on separation of church and state. Were the founding fathers religious, sure, are todays politicians also, sure atleast outwardly anyway. The point is religion and politics do not mix, which is partly what the Freemason's are about..its about a foundation that can be built upon. No matter if its home life or a country or even a school. Wouldn't you guys be up in arms if there were an Arabic written prayer on the walls of a school?

Separation of church and state is a liberal made up term... the Constitution states.."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof... nothing there suggests that religion and politics do not mix or that there is a separation of church and state... just that government will not tell people which religious belief to have... free excercise thereof would mean that religion anywhere is fair game as long as government isn't imposing that religion on the people... people have the right to promote any religion they like.. and the right to deny any religion they like... posting a prayer on a school wall or in public if done so by the people should be their right... one person not liking it does not constitute imposition of that prayer on that person by the state or even by the people for that matter...

Separation of church and state is a liberal made up term... the Constitution states.."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof... nothing there suggests that religion and politics do not mix or that there is a separation of church and state... just that government will not tell people which religious belief to have... free excercise thereof would mean that religion anywhere is fair game as long as government isn't imposing that religion on the people... people have the right to promote any religion they like.. and the right to deny any religion they like... posting a prayer on a school wall or in public if done so by the people should be their right... one person not liking it does not constitute imposition of that prayer on that person by the state or even by the people for that matter...

People can promote and demote any religion they want and in their private property or open forum. A public school is, however, considered a government building and if a government building promotes or demotes any particular religion then it is violating the 1st amendment. I know this because I use to work for a government institution and we couldn't have a Christmas party. To compromise, we had a "holiday party" which consisted of christmas, hanukkah, and kwanzaa themes.

Separation of church and state is a liberal made up term...

Are you sure about the origins of the expression smarty pants?

"Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s."

"The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them."

"Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s."

"The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them."

You only have to read his Letter of Separation in it's entirety to see that he said exactly what I just said... and for the sake of argument I'll concede that he used the term first and radical liberals have used the term in a way not intended in his letter to further their assault on religious freedom... specifically Christianity.

People can promote and demote any religion they want and in their private property or open forum. A public school is, however, considered a government building and if a government building promotes or demotes any particular religion then it is violating the 1st amendment. I know this because I use to work for a government institution and we couldn't have a Christmas party. To compromise, we had a "holiday party" which consisted of christmas, hanukkah, and kwanzaa themes.

I look at it more that the school is not promoting anything.. the private individuals attending the school are just excercising their religious rights... the school itselfs and its officials I agree should not promote such things, but they should not be keeping kids from expressing their rights if they so choose.. school songs, slogans, or even maybe school prayers would have been created by the kids that attended the school and wouldn't have been imposed by the school officials or any government... if it has been good enough for the majority of the students for so many years and has been accepted by that majority.. I don't see the problem... I see it more as the will of the people not the imposition of the state

Edited by nyantler

Smarty pants? Oh no you dit-int!