Late bow season and crossbow

Unit8R

4 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

You can't use regular season tags in late season. Your welcome to use them but my green buddies will be welcome to write you the tickets. Obviously your like me free for the day to blow up the forum, my only thought is why do you ask for help and opinions if you dont really want to be open to them?

Are you drinking ? I didn’t ask for help and you are giving incorrect info 

6 hours ago, Unit8R said:

Want to check with you folks who I trust... In the Southern Zone the regs says:

Crossbows may be used to take deer during: early and late muzzleloader season in the Northern Zone and late muzzleloader season in the Southern Zone using Bow/Muzz tags, DMPs, DMAP tags, or an unfilled Regular Big Game tag (late season only);
    ...and gives these dates...
    Late Bow and Muzzleloading Deer    7 consecutive days immediately following the regular season

Questions:

1) I believe crossbow is allowed for the week after regular season if you have muzzleloader privilege, correct?

2) Can an unfilled regular season antler only tag be used to take a buck in this late season? ...and if yes, even if I have filled my antler only bow tag?

Thanks in advance! 

Crossbow is allowed during late muzzleloader season. 

an unfilled gun season buck tag can be used as an either sex tag in muzzleloader season. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Are you drinking ? I didn’t ask for help and you are giving incorrect info 

I am guessing 5 or 6 ipa's.

On the subject of late ML season, I hope I run into my second cousin at church tomorrow.  He is a DEC game warden in the Rochester area.  I need to get the inside scoop on the added holiday days between Christmas and New years. It might still be a go for this year.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

You can't use regular season tags in late season. Your welcome to use them but my green buddies will be welcome to write you the tickets. Obviously your like me free for the day to blow up the forum, my only thought is why do you ask for help and opinions if you dont really want to be open to them?

You are incorrect. It’s right in the regs book. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"A regular season deer tag is valid for use only during the regular big game seasons and is valid for the taking of an antlered deer only, except:

. . . 

(ii) During the late archery or late muzzleloading seasons hunters authorized to hunt in those seasons may use a regular season deer tag for a deer of either sex."

6 N.Y.C.R.R. 1.18(d)(1)(ii).

Edited by Caveman
  • Like 2

I get it guys. It was only 2 lime whiteclaws.... im glad I said something because I learned something today. Im not afraid to be wrong or admit it. 

Hopefully you learned and wont drink whiteclaw again! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, left field said:

How about everyone on this forum write the DEC (while they're looking for input) to request they "clarify the damn regs and put them in clear understandable language." 

If they can make sense of the NYC street parking signs, they can do it with deer tags. 

its in writing  the basic regs are not hard to understand at all i just went thru the book real quick these question are all answered its perfectly what and when tags can be used and what weapons when and wear its  clear people just dont take time and read them,,, ugh i surprised we dont have more hunting related injuries 

4 minutes ago, land 1 said:

its in writing  the basic regs are not hard to understand at all i just went thru the book real quick these question are all answered its perfectly what and when tags can be used and what weapons when and wear its  clear people just dont take time and read them,,, ugh i surprised we dont have more hunting related injuries 

Not only is it all clearly written in the regs books, but it is also available instantly, on-line to anyone with a computer or a smart phone.

The real problem is too much booze, dope, or who knows what, and not giving a damn about the rules. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, land 1 said:

And yet, these questions come up every year. There's even disagreement among experienced hunters.

image.png.19a3c87327fade97efeab4030c9ff5e1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2