Father takes care of daughter's laptop

WNYBuckHunter

So the solution is to pull out a gun and shoot the damned computer?? I tell you with attitudes like this gun owners will always be looked at as a bunch of redneck looney birds. I have no gripe against a parent reprimanding a kid for something as stupid as a facebook posting complaining about the parents, but videotaping yourself shooting a computer and then posting it on the internet is honestly as stupid as what the kid did. Maybe if the daughter does something similar again he will pull the gun on her? Stupid insane family if you ask me.

• Like 1

Boy he showed her, he just shot the lap top he paid alot of money for! lol

Would have been far cheaper to block her from face book no?

Which he said she would have to pay him back for.

If you listen to the whole thing, it sounds like she had done something similar and been more lightly punished before.

• Like 1

Listen WNYBH...I wasn't being uppity and I have several generations of family members that were and are teachers...and a daughter in higher Ed...and I worked in the school system...now down south he more than likely wouldn't have a problem...but here in NY....they could actually get him on child abuse with that video...Did you know that if parents are raising their voices ...fighting between them selves in their own home can be hauled in for child abuse if the kid over hears the argument and says something at school...seen it happen...and by the way

If you dont want people commenting on it, dont post it. ;)
your word

I didnt say I didnt want anyone to comment on it. I merely commented on the attitude with which a reply or two were made. No offense, but yours sounded pretty darn uppity to me.

There is no possible way for social services to say anything based on that video. Arguing in the home cant trigger anything either. A fist fight, or destruction of property? Yes. Plain old arguing, no.

. If you listen to the whole thing, it sounds like she had done something similar and been more lightly punished before.

Yup I get why the guy is angry but if she had no access to the computer or phone there would be no problem in the first place. Basically he created the monster by providing a computer to facebook on. But alas, I don't give two poops what this guy does.

Interesting to see who is agreeing with what this fool did here. All I know is that I will never be pulling out a gun and firing it to reprimand my children in any shape or form. To think that it's is a good idea doesn't speak highly of fellow gun owners, that's for damned sure. Then some of you dudes wonder why many people don't trust people with guns and want more gun controls?? HELLO!! You boys make your beds, so I guess you need to sleep in them.

I never got paid for chores or allowance...started working for a farmer when i was 12 to get what i wanted... bout time someone put their foot down, as for social services, yes there is abuse out there but the world would be a lot better place if they kept out of 99% of kids bitching about parents.. if i told my parent i was gonna call social services on then it would be the last thing i ever did...

• Like 1

There is no possible way for social services to say anything based on that video. Arguing in the home cant trigger anything either. A fist fight, or destruction of property? Yes. Plain old arguing, no.

Sorry but you are just plain wrong on that one and that is a FACT!! in NYS...by the way you can go research...I don't have to ...seen it happen...talked to authorities...may sound crazy but it happens....All that has to happen is a call to the police form the school based on raised voices ...or a persons accusation..

I could look out the window go on line and say the sky is blue and you'd find a reason to come back with how negative ..bias ..what ever...so I'm not worried about what you assume I'm being when commenting ...but before you go saying I'm wrong...get your facts straight...then we'll talk

All social services needs to see is the video of how he has no qualms about pulling out a gun and firing it to reprimand his daughter and they have all the reason they need to give him a visit. If he did what he did without videotaping it and posting it on the internet, then most likely no one could prove anything. But since the video is on the internet for the world to see, then it's a whole different matter.

Come on steve, youre acting like he pulled it out in a fit of rage, in front of her and started blasting away. Thats not the case at all. He did not menace in any way with it.

Grow, Im sorry that you think that way, but you are not correct. Social services has to have proof of abuse to make anything stick, and even then, it can be tough for them to do anything in the end. The type of attitude and thought process that you are displaying is half of whats wrong with our society. Kids think they cant be punished, and that all they have to do is cal child services on mommy and daddy if they think they are being mean.

BTW, Im not trying to disagree with you just to disagree with you, even though thats the way you are taking it.

• Like 1