26 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Sweet, I've never used sticks; are they relatively easy to hump in or kinda awkward?

I started last year and after one year with really cheap stuff it was easier then my climber.  1 trip up the tree just had a ton of weight with last years equipment that's why I upgraded.  Depending on setup will depend on how easy it is to pack in and out. I chose these sticks even though they arent the lightest but they lock together and with attachment blocks I can attach to the tree and not have to strap them down.  I bought the after market steps to put on the top of each stick because it is much easier having your feet at am even point while attaching next step or stand.  

Biggest thing is get a lineman rope and attachment to your harness.  Just need to practice but I could get up a tree very quick and into anything I needed to.  

I'll keep posting updates as I work through it.  I have 3 buddies that are waiting to see how it turns out so I can make them setups also.

• Like 1

Great thread.....I am putting my summit climber up for sale and going this route as well. Fortunately I hunt private land am have a bunch of setups in place but if I wanna hit some state land with a buddy or get an invite to hunt another's friends property I wanna be prepared.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, mlammerhirt said:

Great thread.....I am putting my summit climber up for sale and going this route as well. Fortunately I hunt private land am have a bunch of setups in place but if I wanna hit some state land with a buddy or get an invite to hunt another's friends property I wanna be prepared.

Let me know what you want for the climber. I'm going to be looking for one.

Let me know what you want for the climber. I'm going to be looking for one.
I haven't thought of a price yet but will if your serious....I live in WNY....shoot me a PM if your still interested.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Started doing the mods on the stand and sticks today.  I did realize that I need different straps preferably with a waist belt.  

2 sticks will have double steps and an aider.  

20210220_155754.jpg

There's a website called strapworks that make a ton of different styles staples and are reasonably priced.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjP6YjrkvruAhV0A7MAHW5dDGgYABAAGgJ5bQ&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2Jr2ixswzN08ddc_ic7fLbsSwh9g3ELtnT9aicuciJH3qYr2HYgjAcy2Y3xzOLOZ5PiqOk4dSSfG60IPhgto&sig=AOD64_0o5lbffj9XKhBE095f_eoblnRrmQ&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjikoHrkvruAhUlnOAKHVRtB_QQ0Qx6BAgDEAE

Edited by Red
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jeremy K said:

I'm still waiting for the muddy pro sticks to come back online . Supposedly they are a few weeks out ,we'll see. 

If they don’t come out any time soon I have an extra set I may be willing to part with