Eat your heart out Biz

dbHunterNY

Not Kentucky bluegrass. It’s a warm weather grass. Anyone can grow a nice warm weather grass. My friends in California have amazing lawns and they do nothing. Northeast grass is much tougher to maintain. And plus 1 on the edging. Must be a dive hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not Kentucky bluegrass. It’s a warm weather grass. Anyone can grow a nice warm weather grass. My friends in California have amazing lawns and they do nothing. Northeast grass is much tougher to maintain. And plus 1 on the edging. Must be a dive hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoken by someone of little knowledge of maintaining warm season turf. Do you even know the difference between St. Augustine grass, Bermuda grass, Zoysia grass and Bahia grass?  Likely not. LOL

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Spoken by someone of little knowledge of maintaining warm season turf. Do you even know the difference between St. Augustine grass, Bermuda grass, Zoysia grass and Bahia grass?  Likely not. LOL

Only when playing golf.

3 hours ago, sodfather said:

Are we forgetting the fact that Biz lawn looks like crap in the dog days of July cause he doesn’t have an irrigation system . 

Only 1 drought in the past 5-6 years and that was this summer. I already paying thousands per year in water, no way I'm gonna make it 4-5x that to water grass per year plus the cost of a system, etc. I can dig up pics of every summer where the grass is green all summer except 2020 during the major drought.

My lawn maintenance is simply mowing once per week and using fertilizer 3-4x per year. nothing crazy. 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I already paying thousands per year in water,

Holy crap - is that right? Thousands? My water comes out of the ground for free, but even 15 years ago when I was paying for municipal water I don't think we were paying more than $400-500/year. and that was with a 36x18 pool, and me, wifey, and two teenage daughters in the house.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Holy crap - is that right? Thousands? My water comes out of the ground for free, but even 15 years ago when I was paying for municipal water I don't think we were paying more than $400-500/year. and that was with a 36x18 pool, and me, wifey, and two teenage daughters in the house.

I should have said over $1K. It was $428 last quarter. Water is still way cheaper than what we pay around here for heating oil. I'm sure if I was running a sprinkler daily, it would triple or quadruple in the summer months easily.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

I should have said over $1K. It was $428 last quarter. Water is still way cheaper than what we pay around here for heating oil. I'm sure if I was running a sprinkler daily, it would triple or quadruple in the summer months easily.
Is your water through the county or city?
Man...I think I was only a little over 300 with filling my 24' above ground pool in July.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Is your water through the county or city?
Man...I think I was only a little over 300 with filling my 24' above ground pool in July.

Town. They held water rates for many years before bumping them up finally. The winter I use much less, but everything is up since pandemic. Wife stays at home now and quit her job and I work from home. Plus the baby adds laundry and we are home instead of at work M-F, so water and electric goes up. But gas $ is way down.

• Like 3

Town. They held water rates for many years before bumping them up finally. The winter I use much less, but everything is up since pandemic. Wife stays at home now and quit her job and I work from home. Plus the baby adds laundry and we are home instead of at work M-F, so water and electric goes up. But gas $ is way down.
The one big increase with working from home and my boys only being in school 2 days a week is the increas in the electric bill. Surprisingly the food bill is somewhat stable....but these boys are only 4 and 6 and eat all day...not a good sign for my pocket book when they become teenagers.

• Like 3

Where are you????
A lot of guesses that practically nailed it. Wife is a Disney travel agent and had us in Disney World's Gran Destino Tower at the Coronado Springs resort. In all fairness any of our lawns would never be that nice, even the little lawn we have here at the family vacation house, despite it's rougher right now due to construction.
20210212_175216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Florida Im jealous! Was supposed to be leaving on Friday for St Simons Island Ga. Someone decided to send there kid to school after a Covid test without results. My son went to school on Monday and was exposed. 10 days quarantine leads right through winter break. This has to go away.
No gonna lie its a concern with 2 rapid tests being needed to get back to things in NY with their reported inaccuracies. Friends had a false positive and still basically had to quarantine with retest and wait.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk