Anyone here get the J and J shot

luberhill

They say if you make it past 2 weeks your good.. idk all.of them are experimental, not tested like many products that are approved by fda that now are off market for side effects..  they dont stop you from getting it, transmitting it, at best they are suppose to reduce the effect on youif you catch it... approved for emergency use only ... I dont really see an emergency as we now know how to treat it with drug cocktails in bad cases.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

They say if you make it past 2 weeks your good.. idk all.of them are experimental, not tested like many products that are approved by fda that now are off market for side effects..  they dont stop you from getting it, transmitting it, at best they are suppose to reduce the effect on youif you catch it... approved for emergency use only ... I dont really see an emergency as we now know how to treat it with drug cocktails in bad cases.. 

That’s what I said to my doctor , he said “ tell that to the 500,000 already dead “

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, G-Man said:

500 k is still the same as flu and pneumonia,  are those emergencies? 

Ha , that’s not accurate ..

no way 500,000 a year in this country die from the flu

Try 61,000 total in 2017 from flu / pneumonia

Far cry from almost 600,000

Edited by luberhill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just like they did everything they could do to inflate the numbers from covid ,they'll do what ever they can to downplay this vaccine . It's bad enough they suspended use.

Don't worry   JANDJ shot seems to only  only kill women most be a sexist vaccine I guess  biden will have  to investigate .

42 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Ha , that’s not accurate ..

no way 500,000 a year in this country die from the flu

Try 61,000 total in 2017 from flu / pneumonia

Far cry from almost 600,000

The cdc says that 6% of the people died of covid alone and the rest died of covid and on average 2.5 comorbiditys. So at that 6% currently number of deaths for covid only would be 33,584. Do not see any comorbidity data on flu or pneumonia on cdc sight but I may have missed it but the average for the flu is 61000 deaths and pneumonia is 41000 deaths in last 10 years. Without all the data all these numbers are indeed worthless so all you can do is be happy you got the vaccine if you wanted it, I am happy some people are willing to take it and provide more data and studies for others to make our decisions on. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

The cdc says that 6% of the people died of covid alone and the rest died of covid and on average 2.5 comorbiditys. So at that 6% currently number of deaths for covid only would be 33,584. Do not see any comorbidity data on flu or pneumonia on cdc sight but I may have missed it but the average for the flu is 61000 deaths and pneumonia is 41000 deaths in last 10 years. Without all the data all these numbers are indeed worthless so all you can do is be happy you got the vaccine if you wanted it, I am happy some people are willing to take it and provide more data and studies for others to make our decisions on. 

I suggest you re-check that statement.

Feel free to post the CDC statement :)

42 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I suggest you re-check that statement.

Feel free to post the CDC statement :)

No problem and a link just scroll down to table 3. Which is pretty much what your article states but the article and myself are currently wrong as it’s up to 4.0 comorbidity as of now.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

7EE1818D-5A70-4374-B40E-2FBE4C5A8340.png

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, luberhill said:

Again ,, you need to understand what you are reading ... you don’t 

have a nice night :)

Well help me understand what from the cdc statement I provided on your request states anything other than 6% died of covid alone and not comorbiditys and covid. Which was my original statement. Again I am happy you got the vaccine that you wanted. 

Dead is dead; don't care if Covid is the cause or an accelerator.

I've seen enough of it to know I don't want COVID; I also educated myself on the risks and rewards and got Moderna. Could there be downstream impacts? Yup, but it is what it is.

One of the things I've learned in big corporate space is that there are usually good people at the core; somewhere, some lab, some guy like you and me, said - I got it, creating the vaccine. Doing things for the right reason. It's not an infallible rule, but for the large majority, people do stuff for the right reason. The data I can see and find across many sources made me content with the decision I made.

Skepticism is good, it is necessary and needed to make the world go round; but at a certain point skepticism can be just as much of an affliction as being a blind sheep. At that point it's not skepticism but I don't think we've developed an appropriate English word for when it becomes a hinderance to logical rationale/decision-making.

Initial takes are that this J&J could have small issue with women and blood clots. 6 out 7M; nobody wants to be the 6, so hence the pause. I do agree start stop becomes a big issue because Americans are not super agile in iterative processes.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, phade said:

Initial takes are that this J&J could have small issue with women and blood clots. 6 out 7M; nobody wants to be the 6, so hence the pause. I do agree start stop becomes a big issue because Americans are not super agile in iterative processes.

Ill say it again, I think this data supports a claim that their vaccine prevents clots!