Anyone stop at this convenient store?

ncountry

22 hours ago, ncountry said:

St Regis Falls. Northern edge of ADKs.

I’m sure that’s just how things looked back in the good old days. We had our camp up in South Colton area way back when and bucks like that were taken every year.     Kinda like the old time pics seem to have a big racked buck across the bumper most times. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

I’m sure that’s just how things looked back in the good old days. We had our camp up in South Colton area way back when and bucks like that were taken every year.     Kinda like the old time pics seem to have a big racked buck across the bumper most times. 

What part of South Colton?  We hunted the heck out of the area from the end of the Morgan rd to the old Picketville rd. We havn't been down there much since we started hunting Letchworth regularly. 

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Try “Slice” on South Genesee in Utica if you get a chance. Highly recommend their old fashioned and their purple cow wings. Also they have a bakery next door and their cheesecake is to die for

yeah Utica has some Old Italian food places that are great.  We used to Politari Joes for lunch - little italian place - for sure not fancy - but great food. 

31 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I need to try chicken riggies

yes you do!   I make my own.  butter and onions and garlic in a pan Add in chunk chicken and i like to add in a little ground italian sweet sausage, fry up then add in a couple of diced cherry peppers (must be Cherry peppers! My personal favorite! lol) .  Then stir together and add a can of diced tomatoes let it all simmer for a bit, add in a small container of heavy cream.  Stir in with cooked rigatoni and cover in grated parm to serve.  Some people add in mushrooms or olives - depends if you like those or not. Great dish!  

• Like 1

An Italian and Homemade winemaking club I belong to goes to the Franklin in Rome, NY once a years for an outstanding feast of their specialties.  Always one of the highlights of the dining circuit! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Those old photos were from the good old days when the Daks actually got logged and had a healthy forest so animals had food and cover.  Now much of it is baron land with mature woods and no feed.  It really needs a good logging program or a good old fashioned forest fire.

Edited by Rack Attack
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Otto said:

An Italian and Homemade winemaking club I belong to goes to the Franklin in Rome, NY once a years for an outstanding feast of their specialties.  Always one of the highlights of the dining circuit! 

The Franklin is prob my favorite restaurant.  The greens are a must. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sounds good.  We need to get you to Ray brothers BBQ sometime too. 

I haven't been out to dinner in a while.  I refuse to wear a mask and go to dinner. It just bothers me.  

It's only for walking in and walking out - from the front door to your table.  Not while you're at the table or at the bar.    Not too bad, we've been out a bunch, even all last year.  

15 minutes ago, Otto said:

It's only for walking in and walking out - from the front door to your table.  Not while you're at the table or at the bar.    Not too bad, we've been out a bunch, even all last year.  

yeah i know but it breaks my rule of no mask weekends.  Have to wear it all week at work - not wearing it on weekends.  It just annoys me and i am stubborn is all. 

2 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

Those old photos were from the good old days when the Daks actually got logged and had a healthy forest so animals had food and cover.  Now much of it is baron land with mature woods and no feed.  It really needs a good logging program or a good old fashioned forest fire.

That may be true for much of the ADKs . The far northern parts have many more clearcuts, and selectively logged woods than  mature barren woods.

I wish the state would implement a better forest management plan for our fully owned(not easement) lands to better support deer and small game . Mature forests are pretty, but useless.lol