They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

Funny, I killed my bull in 2004 too.......'cept I used a 300WSM with 180gr Partitions.

CADDD95E-DC60-46E0-BAB6-320C338D8574.thumb.jpeg.be0ed778986dd821b3028e54e88f726d.jpeg

Wow is that Larry in leather chaps…. That could make a pretty interesting thread in is self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DirtTime said:

All I did was mention if this thread gets a few more pages I'll allow myself to drop some cash on a new coat. Little did I know getting the hunting crew on board would derail the thread this much. I did make a mental note on that though.

Some interesting info on muzzle loaders in this thread now. I kept and keep going back and forth on one. I've decided to let it simmer another year and see if I want one of those or to upgrade my bow. I'll most likely end up getting a new bow because the only time I would use a ML is for one week up north ( 5 days tops depending on weather ), and I don't mind using the bow up there so...........

I use my tc encore . I love it. In the last 5-10  years I've shot more deer with it than my rifle by far. I use it up here during the mz season and carry it at  Letchworth during firearms season.

• Like 1

All I did was mention if this thread gets a few more pages I'll allow myself to drop some cash on a new coat. Little did I know getting the hunting crew on board would derail the thread this much. I did make a mental note on that though.

Some interesting info on muzzle loaders in this thread now. I kept and keep going back and forth on one. I've decided to let it simmer another year and see if I want one of those or to upgrade my bow. I'll most likely end up getting a new bow because the only time I would use a ML is for one week up north ( 5 days tops depending on weather ), and I don't mind using the bow up there so...........

I think you did a good job of reminding us why we are all here. I will say I’ve met some of the people I’ve argued with on this thread and the truth is they are great people and the fighting isn’t worth it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Funny, I killed my bull in 2004 too.......'cept I used a 300WSM with 180gr Partitions.

CADDD95E-DC60-46E0-BAB6-320C338D8574.jpeg

DAY-um,  Cowboy..!!!  What a stud YOU are, chaps and all  !!

Wasn't it kinda uncomfortable  riding out with those antlers tines up your butt  ??.....Hehehehe....

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

Wasn't it kinda uncomfortable  riding out with those antlers tines up your butt  ??.....Hehehehe....

I really didn't want to be the one to ask that. Now that I read it, I'm a little scared of the answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

I use my tc encore . I love it. In the last 5-10  years I've shot more deer with it than my rifle by far. I use it up here during the mz season and carry it at  Letchworth during firearms season.

I gun hunt only with a muzzleloader..And I see your problem with the sabot less bullets..I tried that once and it was ridiculous where the gun threw those. All over the place. I gave them away.

And you guys can take over a topic anytime,I even enjoy reading pygmys posts which isn't always the case.

Back to the roots!

• Like 1

A bear like that might be used to it

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You’re making a strong public health case for a healthcare system that is accessible to all. An undocumented immigrant is not usually treating critically ill patients in a hospital setting which is another reason that all healthcare workers must be vaccinated. 

We do NOT need a health care system for all!!!  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ncountry said:

One of my partners  shot a TC Encore  on my 2004 trip and shot a 6x5 that was bigger than my 6x6.. he used the 385 Great Plains bullet which shot well in his rifle...

We could have gone 3 for 3 but  after we had two big bulls on the ground, my other buddy was not going to settle for anything less than a wallhanger, so he passed on several smaller bulls.. It wasn't like we needed any more meat..

BTW, this was  unguided DIY...But I must admit unit 76  was ( and still may be)  unique at that time, with a high population of elk , lots of accessable public land, and relatively few tags issued...  Other places in CO you might see an orange vest behind every bush...I saw more MOOSE than I saw hunters....Could have shot a couple of nice Shiras bulls if I had a tag....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

One of my partners  shot a TC Encore  on my 2004 trip and shot a 6x5 that was bigger than my 6x6.. he used the 385 Great Plains bullet which shot well in his rifle...

We could have gone 3 for 3 but  after we had two big bulls on the ground, my other buddy was not going to settle for anything less than a wallhanger, so he passed on several smaller bulls.. It wasn't like we needed any more meat..

BTW, this was  unguided DIY...But I must admit unit 76  was ( and still may be)  unique at that time, with a high population of elk , lots of accessable public land, and relatively few tags issued...  Other places in CO you might see an orange vest behind every bush...I saw more MOOSE than I saw hunters....Could have shot a couple of nice Shiras bulls if I had a tag....

How many preference points did you guys have? I was limited this year.

I wasn't smart enough to start collecting points while we talked about it over the years. I chose the area because it statistically was decent and it was close to 100% chance on drawing a tag.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

How many preference points did you guys have? I was limited this year.

I wasn't smart enough to start collecting points while we talked about it over the years. I chose the area because it statistically was decent and it was close to 100% chance on drawing a tag.

We had a bunch...12 or 14 as I remember.....The only units

that required more were the elite units up in the northwest corner of the state..

Still, good hunting can be had in many other units  I bowhunted near Montrose a couple of years previous ( OTC) and saw elk nearly every day..  Good luck and keep us posted..  I'll check and see if I have any of those NE bullets left.... I'll never make it back out west and I use PRB for my local ML deer hunting..

• Like 1

CADDD95E-DC60-46E0-BAB6-320C338D8574.thumb.jpeg.be0ed778986dd821b3028e54e88f726d.jpeg

Hey, is that the guy from Brokeback Mountain? Stud!!

Yes, elk hunting makes for a better discussion! I’m afraid I might be approaching my “Ignore User” limit, so I can’t read anymore posts about vaccinations, masks or politics!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Hey! Can't you see that we've hijacked this thread. There is no longer any room for that stuff..;)

16 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Hey, is that the guy from Brokeback Mountain? Stud!!

Yes, elk hunting makes for a better discussion! I’m afraid I might be approaching my “Ignore User” limit, so I can’t read anymore posts about vaccinations and politics!

This is starting to turn into the Break Balls thread......... :)

4162390C-5D79-4E56-B03B-01E06D2F86CA.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Now after all this I'm even more excited..No not the brokeback mountain talk! Ha.ha.ha.

The elk talk.. 

I would sort of hope broke back mountain talk wouldn't get you excited. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

A guy my brother works with wants to try for PA elk. It got me interested a little, prices aren't horrible for a non-resident, and no air fair. Just something added to the bucket list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

A guy my brother works with wants to try for PA elk. It got me interested a little, prices aren't horrible for a non-resident, and no air fair. Just something added to the bucket list.

The deadline just passed for the 2021 PA Elk drawing.  It's worth it in the future to apply and start accumulating points.  Hey, ya never know!

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

The deadline just passed for the 2021 PA Elk drawing.  It's worth it in the future to apply and start accumulating points.  Hey, ya never know!

I just looked that up. For around $36 you can apply for all 3 seasons. Odds get better every year. I'm in next year. Doesn't Tennessee have a season also?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have no idea if the guy ever followed through, my brother asked me about it last Winter. I hemmed and hawed and missed this year, but next June I'll be submitting the application. Like you said, it can't hurt. Probably go for the archery season, seeing I'll be likely tenting it if I was ever to get a draw that's a decent time of year to be sleeping outdoors for a week.

1 minute ago, Chef said:

333 posts since 2012 sure this isn’t just someone’s troll account

Ah, a stalker.  I don’t spend all day, or week on here like you do obviously.  Didn’t know I would get an award for the most posts.  I better up my game.

• Like 2