They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

Kid at the country club where I run my camp popped positive today. Not in my program so nothing I need to do ….yet. Will be interesting to see how many other kids pop-obviously I hope none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is camp all outdoors or are they inside too

Kid at the country club where I run my camp popped positive today. Not in my program so nothing I need to do ….yet. Will be interesting to see how many other kids pop-obviously I hope none

Update…he tested negative after today’s test!!! The positive result was from a test last night I guess.
Tie breaker test tonight.
Ridiculous!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Update…he tested negative after today’s test!!! The positive result was from a test last night I guess.
Tie breaker test tonight.
Ridiculous!

Someone was saying drinking soda before the test can cause a positive

Heard a doctor today say that masks are the equivalent of throwing a handful of sand at a chain link fence and expecting it not to go through. 

For fabric masks that’s 100% true. The only masks that are really effective are n95

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

It is back and it is bad my husband friend just got it 1 week ago he is in hospital and his wife passed on friday

Sorry to hear this, I hope he can recover quickly.  Condolences to all.  

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

For fabric masks that’s 100% true. The only masks that are really effective are n95

Wrong..  N95 only stop 3 microns.  The covid is 1 micron.  

Result.  Masks are useless

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

He also made a comment about people wearing them with big gaps on the sides.

Regardless, N95 properly worn only stops 3 microns. The china virus weather it's the alpha or the BS delta variant is 1 micron.  

If I'm 15' away from some Gramma wearing too much perfume and has covid, and can smell it, I should have covid if the CDC is correct..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mowin said:

Follow the science.  You loose..

Sorry to interrupt, but when you make a statement like that I feel a strong need as a scientist in medical research to gently correct you. 

COVID 19 virus particle size is 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns. The N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns.

The particle size is smaller than the mask pore. But masks don't work like a net under water. The mechanism is more of a sticky collection basket. These masks are 95% efficient at 0.3 microns, but counterintuitively can be even more efficient with smaller particles! And COVID isn't floating free in the air. It is always attached to something, most often water vapor or droplets. So it presents as something much larger.

N95 masks without doubt work to stop COVID transmission. Other types of masks may not, particularly homemade ones, and of course wearing the mask correctly is essential.

This has been dealt with many times, though, and reiterating debunked myths don't help anyone make good decisions. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Serious question for the people who watch the news ( I rarely do)has the media talked about the united states bombing in the middle east at all ? Just wondering if the covid talk lately is more important. My apologies ahead of time if the media has been covering these stories.

The only sure fire way to prevent inhalation of the virus is to put a plastic bag over your head and tie it tightly around your neck. 

This will guarantee you will not die from the virus, but it will still be called a COVID death because the virus made you do it.:rolleyes:

As far a everything else going on in the world, the virus is being used to distract you from all of it.

• Haha 1

Sorry to interrupt, but when you make a statement like that I feel a strong need as a scientist in medical research to gently correct you. 
COVID 19 virus particle size is 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns. The N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns.
The particle size is smaller than the mask pore. But masks don't work like a net under water. The mechanism is more of a sticky collection basket. These masks are 95% efficient at 0.3 microns, but counterintuitively can be even more efficient with smaller particles! And COVID isn't floating free in the air. It is always attached to something, most often water vapor or droplets. So it presents as something much larger.
N95 masks without doubt work to stop COVID transmission. Other types of masks may not, particularly homemade ones, and of course wearing the mask correctly is essential.
This has been dealt with many times, though, and reiterating debunked myths don't help anyone make good decisions. 

So I saw a N99 mask the other day. One of my clients was wearing it because he deals with 100’s of people a day what are your thoughts on those ?

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

Actually , I have another ? If you don’t mind : based on your explanation of transmission of viral particles , it sounds like their movement is facilitated by water molecules in the air . Does that mean , then, that drier air with lower humidity  would constitute a lower transmission due to this ? Based on your description, I would expect that states with notoriously lower humidity should also have lower transmissibility , right?

31 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Actually , I have another ? If you don’t mind : based on your explanation of transmission of viral particles , it sounds like their movement is facilitated by water molecules in the air . Does that mean , then, that drier air with lower humidity  would constitute a lower transmission due to this ? Based on your description, I would expect that states with notoriously lower humidity should also have lower transmissibility , right?

Weren't those dry arid states way up there on covid cases at one point? Some places the likes of AZ, TX, CO, etc? I'm pretty sure on that, but I don't feel like looking the up data because, well, I just don't feel like it. I'm too busy cuddling with my new hunting coat to bother.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Weren't those dry arid states way up there on covid cases at one point? Some places the likes of AZ, TX, CO, etc? I'm pretty sure on that, but I don't feel like looking the up data because, well, I just don't feel like it. I'm too busy cuddling with my new hunting coat to bother.

The moisture that the bug clings to is vapor/droplet that comes from the infected person- their cough, sneeze, etc.  It's not the moisture that's in the air on a muggy day.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The only sure fire way to prevent inhalation of the virus is to put a plastic bag over your head and tie it tightly around your neck. 

This will guarantee you will not die from the virus, but it will still be called a COVID death because the virus made you do it.:rolleyes:

As far a everything else going on in the world, the virus is being used to distract you from all of it.

Hey thanks! Now I know what to get a whole lot of people for Christmas this year! Plastic bags and some zip ties!