Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

21 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

By leadership , you must mean Biden and that is absolutely dead on. 

And now biden wants to invite them here ^_^ 

And the tranny thing did not go down well in Afghanistan it's probably the biggest reason they welcomed back the Taliban actually.

2 hours ago, First-light said:

It's done and over with. Like I said Biden 1 term President and will do shit others won't. This place has been in pieces since the beginning of time. Let them have at it. 

problem is letting them have at it and do so while leaving a shit load of guns, planes, and other resources to be snatched up is down right stupidity.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, ncountry said:

Sadly. You cannot buy will. After listening to interviews over the last few days of some women from the region (the ones that most likely ill suffer the most under taliban rule), I just shake my head.

How can u be a man with a mother and or sisters, cousins and friends and walk away from your post ?

A different mentality I guess. I cannot wrap my mind around it anymore than I can some of our own far lefts..

It's sad and pathetic. And I can't believe we stayed for 20 years and find it hard to believe we didn't know this would eventually be the outcome.

13 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

It's sad and pathetic. And I can't believe we stayed for 20 years and find it hard to believe we didn't know this would eventually be the outcome.

The Pentagon  new,  the plan was basically never leave always keep bases there like in germany, italy, japan , korea and so on . The only difference is those countrys  were already civilized we did not make them that way .

Afghanistan never was 

USA leaving  some weapons well they get as much as they want from russia china Pakistan and iran. They prefer the russian /china stuff because spare  parts are easy to get . 

They also know how to copy any firearm over there by hand  anyway . Place is flooded with weapons .

The high tech stuff if they left any which i don't think they did ,  they don't have the know how to keep working anyway it would be worthless to them .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

You’re not understanding what I’m saying - if they knew that they were gonna withdraw as they obviously didn’t, they should have been planning a safe evacuation process for all western diplomats and the afghan people who helped us - they didn’t do this . It is embarrassing . 

how could they not know ......Trump signed an agreement to be out by May - they even went 3 months longer.  Any Safe plan in the hole is just that - a plan.  They had one of those - it just fell apart.  

8 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

That is simply not true as Al Quida was well entrenched in Afghanistan and mush off the 911 planning was conceived there. We did right being there . Stayed too long ? Sure , I’ll give you that but don’t say w never should have been there In first place as that is absurd . 

yes they were in Afghanistan and also pakistan (Bin Laden the leader) , iraq, Iran etc etc shoudl we also  have went into those?  But we went into Afghanistan.  we didnt need to, we have plenty of firepower and would have achieved the same objective wihtout spending trillions and killing 2300 americans in the process.  What did we accomplish in twenty years?  we got rid of Al Quida? ... well do you think that the members of that group arent in the Taliban?  or Isis ?  Its a mess will be a mess and we need to stay out of there as we have proven we cant fix it. 20 years of research.  

9 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

By leadership , you must mean Biden and that is absolutely dead on. 

cant stand Biden - top of the list for worse presidents.  But if you think Trump getting the forces out of there as he pledged was gonna be all roses your looking thru the orange man glasses.  There was going to be an insurrection - the Taliban had a year to plan it when they first announced this.  I mean the leadership of Afghanistan that ran and hid to the next Stan over while their country fell into chaos.   I cant see much of anything that Biden does as good at all but this mess isnt all on him - it was 20 years in the making.  Why do you think no other president did it... cause this is what would happen 100%. It maybe shows more poor decision making on him again that he didnt just kick the can down the road rather than take the heat for the mess that was waiting.  But im glad we are out of there.  Its a rabbit hole.   

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

how could they not know ......Trump signed an agreement to be out by May - they even went 3 months longer.  Any Safe plan in the hole is just that - a plan.  They had one of those - it just fell apart.  

They didnt know the specifics of the  withdrawal plan which it appears , based on the fiasco unfolding, there was none; and I reiterate, they should have commenced evacuation far sooner.  Biden failed to listen to sound advice and insisted on doing it his way and it was a disaster as a consequence. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yes they were in Afghanistan and also pakistan (Bin Laden the leader) , iraq, Iran etc etc shoudl we also  have went into those?  But we went into Afghanistan.  we didnt need to, we have plenty of firepower and would have achieved the same objective wihtout spending trillions and killing 2300 americans in the process.  What did we accomplish in twenty years?  we got rid of Al Quida? ... well do you think that the members of that group arent in the Taliban?  or Isis ?  Its a mess will be a mess and we need to stay out of there as we have proven we cant fix it. 20 years of research.  

We did go into Iraq- Iran wasnt possible because, although backwards as hell, still, much more advanced technologically and miltarily than Afghanistan.  I think , based on history, you should know better than to suggest we can relysolely  on just superior air/firepower: Remember Vietnam?

We decimated the Taliban (although did not entriely eradicate them- for 20 years and kept the homeland safe from another 9/11.

Al Queda and the Taliban are 2 separate groups , although both Muslim extemist organizations.  They are not the same.  Youre conflating the 2.

ISIS formed in Iraq, founded by Obamas mismanagement and withdrawal bungling!

Edited by Northcountryman

6 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

They didnt know the specifics of the  withdrawal plan which it appears , based on the fiasco unfolding, there was none; and I reiterate, they should have commenced evacuation far sooner.  Biden failed to listen to sound advice and insisted on doing it his way and it was a disaster as a consequence. 

your giving him far too much credit.  It was a disaster before, while and when we got out.  It will be again tomorrow, in a year and 20 years from now.  As soon as the pullout began at any time they were ready to move in. But if you need to blame Biden feel free.  I cant wait til he is out of office so I guess we can disagree on this but both celebrate the hopeful outscome in the next election 

Call Biden what you will but his speech yesterday made alot of sense. It was cold and short but very strong (not many mumbled words) . As horrible and sad these images are he's right, There's never been a good time to get out of Afghanistan and what we are seeing play out was going to happen no matter what. He's the first in four presidents who had the stones to go thru with this. He'll catch hell from all of the media noise machines including the left who will be crying "Oh the humanity" and the right who just wanna replace him to get another war hawk in office to start another war somewhere to feed the industrial war for profit complex

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

your giving him far too much credit.  It was a disaster before, while and when we got out.  It will be again tomorrow, in a year and 20 years from now.  As soon as the pullout began at any time they were ready to move in. But if you need to blame Biden feel free.  I cant wait til he is out of office so I guess we can disagree on this but both celebrate the hopeful outscome in the next election 

I will as is nearly everyone, even the pundits who normally, carry water for the Dems- you should too, cuz he deserves it.  Also, he gets on national TV yesterday and does his best to blame Trump, the Afghans and EVERYONE else but himself- and then, insincerely, says that the buck, ultimately, stops with him.  Too bad, he just didnt man up and accept responsibility completely and unequivocally like Kennnedy did in Bay of Pigs!  He is a fool and totally botched this whole operation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Call Biden what you will but his speech yesterday made alot of sense. It was cold and short but very strong (not many mumbled words) . As horrible and sad these images are he's right, There's never been a good time to get out of Afghanistan and what we are seeing play out was going to happen no matter what. He's the first in four presidents who had the stones to go thru with this. He'll catch hell from all of the media noise machines including the left who will be crying "Oh the humanity" and the right who just wanna replace him to get another war hawk in office to start another war somewhere to feed the industrial war for profit complex

Not many mumbled words? My God!!

3 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

We did go into Iraq- Iran wasnt possible because although, backwards as hell, still, much more advanced technologically and miltarily than Afghanistan.  I think , based on history, you should know better than to suggest we can relysolely  on just superior air/firepower: Remember Vietnam?

We decimated the Taliban (although did not entriely eradicate them- for 20 years and kept the homeland safe from another 9/11.

Al Queda and the Taliban are 2 separate groups , although both Muslim extemist organizations.  They are not the same.  Youre conflating the 2.

ISIS formed in Iraq, founded by Obamas mismanagement and withdrawal bungling!

and yes Iraq went so well.  So we went into Afgahnistan cause it had the least risk of Pakistan or Iran. Do you reallly think that the Taliban and the other groups have no crossover? Did you forget Bin laden was in Pakistan hiding?  Do you think that Iran isnt more of threat to us than anyone and doesnt fund all these groups.... should we go in there now?  No thanks! we shouldnt touch foot in that whole area or bomb it all level and make it a parking lot for Israel.  This going in and molding countries doesnt work - see your own reference to Vietnam. Boots on the ground didnt work either. 

4 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Not many mumbled words? My God!!

GC makes me laugh, Biden’s speech was a joke !

He blames everyone to start with them ends by saying the buck stops with him..

All he did was read a speech prepared fir him and leave the stage, no questions , as usual… then back into hiding 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

and yes Iraq went so well.  So we went into Afgahnistan cause it had the least risk of Pakistan or Iran. Do you reallly think that the Taliban and the other groups have no crossover? Did you forget Bin laden was in Pakistan hiding?  Do you think that Iran isnt more of threat to us than anyone and doesnt fund all these groups.... should we go in there now?  No thanks! we shouldnt touch foot in that whole area or bomb it all level and make it a parking lot for Israel.  This going in and molding countries doesnt work - see your own reference to Vietnam. Boots on the ground didnt work either. 

Iraq did go well until Obama screwed up the withdrawal and allowed ISIS to take root, but I think your missing the point:NO TERROSIST ATTACKS ON AMERICAN SOIL SINCE.  Yes, weve had a few lone wolves during the Obama years ,but absolutely none during Trumps term.  Also, Trump decimated ISIS.  Successes in Iraq were significant, indeed.

We went into Afghanistan because Bin Laden was hiding out there and intelligence directly connected 911 to al Queda operating there.  I agree we should have done more in Pakistan but that was difficult because there were (technically) our ally in the war on terror- Remeber Musharaff? The dude with the cool hair?

Iran is a threat, of course, but they werent directly linked to 911 and . lets face it, you can only do so much!!

Bombing wouldnt work as Ive stated previously; that would be a waste of resources.  Boots on the ground did, though imperfect, of course. 

Vietnam was botched because of US strategy- if we would have stuck to larger engagementsd, it could have turned out far more in our favor. 

2 minutes ago, luberhill said:

GC makes me laugh, Biden’s speech was a joke !

He blames everyone to start with them ends by saying the buck stops with him..

All he did was read a speech prepared fir him and leave the stage, no questions , as usual… then back into hiding 

Biden has a history of being anti nation building. He never wanted to be there in the first place and was against it when Obama and Bush Jr sent in troops. He's the only one who had the balls to pull the plug. All I can say is America can be glad that mindless orange failed game show host isn't in the Whitehouse anymore

3 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Biden has a history of being anti nation building. He never wanted to be there in the first place and was against it when Obama and Bush Jr sent in troops. He's the only one who had the balls to pull the plug. All I can say is America can be glad that mindless orange failed game show host isn't in the Whitehouse anymore

We obviously have totally different perspectives as I couldnt disgagree more- but thats ok!! :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

You really need mental help … Biden is a bumbling idiot that has put America in the worst shape in decades.

He has no plan, he blames everyone for his incompetence , he is the laughing stock of the world !

Your love for him is a perfect reflection of typical liberals.

Best take a look around you, remove your head from your butt first Skippy !

• Like 5