Deadly Force opinions.

Gobbler Chaser

My question is God forbid you ever have to make that decision on whether or not to use deadly Force. My big question is, it seems that many defense instructors are inclined to tell you to keep your weapon concealed until the last possible moment then pull your weapon and don't hesitate to empty your gun at center mass? Any thoughts on this strategy?

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

Dam Bill ,I have a big mouth usually and still don’t get in them situations that much/ever lol

Yeah me either. I cannot recall more than a few times in the last 30 years. You know, when I became an "adult", where I was in a situation that was anywhere near a serious confrontation . Lucky .. maybe;)

• Like 1

What I'm getting at is what's wrong with pulling your weapon on someone to deescalate a situation without shooting. I've seen numerous videos where someone pulled their weapon and the attacker turned and walked. I would much rather change someone's mind than splatter it with a gunshot. If there are any legal ramifications for brandishing I'm sure I'd rather deal with that than civil suits that will cost me everything for killing someone. I've been told I'm wrong but have never heard a good argument on the kill first pay later plan that instructors seem to like.

6 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

My question is God forbid you ever have to make that decision on whether or not to use deadly Force. My big question is, it seems that many defense instructors are inclined to tell you to keep your weapon concealed until the last possible moment then pull your weapon and don't hesitate to empty your gun at center mass? Any thoughts on this strategy?

Liberal Biden voters shouldn’t even have a gun

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Any Lawyers  on Site?

One doesn’t just need , a “ lawyer “ but one who specializes in the exact field . I’ve gotten incorrect advice twice in my life from using one who, doesn’t practice in a specific area , just happily paid one $850 not to, proceed ,much farther then our initial consultation, after  talking with one who specializes in the specific area . 

I was prior willing to pay him 10k ( what he said was ball park for the case .) 

Here I wouldn’t just want a criminal defense attorney, but one well versed in NYS law regarding self defense , and with plenty of trail experience.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Call 911, say you fear for your life and your spouse/kids, and if they enter your home, make it rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I’ve forced entry into hundreds of buildings . As far as homes my advice is to reinforce your door jamb, as that’s what fails ALL. THE TIME  . Replace that two inch strike plate with its half inch screws that go into a thin piece of pine , with a six inch plate that you mortise into the jamb and use four inch screws that will go into the 2x4 past the pine trim .

you can also replace the hinge screws and also put a wrap around plate over the dead bolt to keep the door from splitting.

Most doors a fat 12 y/o  can kick in with ease . 

Add these and sleep in peace .

https://nightlock.com/door-security-devices/residential/nightlock-original/

Edited by Nomad

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

So I’ve forced entry into hundreds of buildings . As far as homes my advice is to reinforce your door jamb, as that’s what fails ALL. THE TIME  . Replace that two inch strike plate with its half inch screws that go into a thin piece of pine , with a six inch plate that you mortise into the jamb and use four inch screws that will go into the 2x4 past the pine trim .

you can also replace the hinge screws and also put a wrap around plate over the dead bolt to keep the door from splitting.

I agree. The more noise and pounding a perp will make trying to get in the better. Also gives you more time to shout a warning. If they still persist and do enter than shoot.

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

Thanks. I just meant if something happened. There hasn't been a murder in my town since 1781

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

Thanks. I just meant if something happened. There hasn't been a murder in my town since 1781

The one time I’ve had to draw my weapon as a civilian was when I was stationed in North Carolina. I 3 men approached me while I was fishing in the middle of the night. One had a handgun in his hand. As soon as I knew they were approaching me I drew my handgun and the one with the gun yelled “oh Fu*k n***a’s got a gun” and they ran back to their car and left. I called cops and they work my report but never heard anything from it.

Hopefully that’s the last time I ever have to do it.

From someone that’s been a handgun instructor for a while now I don’t think you should ever draw until you feel you’ll have to use your weapon. If they change they’re plans then perfect but drawing early can lead to other issues. Another big reason to practice your draw daily! I had my gun pointed at them from concealment in under a second, no fumbling no dunking around. I’m a firm believer that you want to look like you know what you’re doing in the moment of truth. It’s a lot scarier for the bad guy if you appear skilled as to someone fumbling around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2