Browning Remington 16ga vintage

SWEDE

So I'm out of my element here. I have no catalogs for estimating age or history on this ole 16ga. It has the browning flat back. Remington name. I assume it was the 1st year when mr browning sold to remington. It's in good shape but needs reblue job. Perhaps you gents with the numbers book could shed some light on this old dog

20210929_174027.jpg

20210929_174103.jpg

20210929_174033.jpg

20210929_174127.jpg

20210929_174132.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the rem link but nothing jives on barrel code. These numbers are on it. LL1H.  I Belive these might be browning numbers. It's a flat back browning reciever with rem on reciever. Perhaps last year john browning produced but sold to rem. Quite the mystery

20210930_182735.jpg

20210930_182715.jpg

20210930_182725.jpg

20210930_182800.jpg

• Like 1

It could be a replacement M 11 barrel....At one time there were many replacement parts  available from Numrich Arms  and others, especially for for guns like the Rem M 11 which were used  in  the military in  WWII and probably afterward...

you can sort through Gunbroker for Remington 11 . They mix some of the other models with number 11 in them. But there are a bunch of the real Mod 11 in this search . The prices are all over the place with the higher prices not getting any bids .  Some are in worse condition and some are alot better condition than yours . Its a guessing game what its worth but this will give you a range . 

https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms/search?Keywords=remington 11&PageSize=24&Sort=13&View=1&PageIndex=1

Savage also made a similar clone called the model 720, a slight difference was they had no magazine cut off.

You really have to know your stuff taking apart these shotguns, they are complicated. I am pretty handy when it comes to taking down firearms but the A5 type shotguns are a real nightmare and I want no part of that job. Old Bill Demare who was part owner of Lefever Arms in Lee Center NY could put them back together blindfolded. We had to send him quite a few to put back together after some owners decided to take them down for a good cleaning. Best way to clean those guns is to take the barrel off and use a good spray solvent and hit it hard inside.

Al

• Like 1