Get rid of it

Im glad that NY Stark did some digging and exposed you for this cuz IMHO it’s been comin for a very long time now . You lie and contradict yourself all the time on here . Don’t get me wrong : it’s not like it’s a major offense or anything , but the fact that you come on so strong and insult , demean and attack others on here with such regularity makes it even more Egregious . Advice : tell the truth; be honest about your beliefs and stop insulting and attacking other who don’t agree with you and you’ll be much better off :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If we eliminate this section, or make it hunting and fishing related only, you think we will allow posting politics anywhere on the site? Really?
This is exactly why it needs to go. Unless hunting or fishing related politics it should not be on a HUNTING & FISHING forum

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im glad that NY Stark did some digging and exposed you for this cuz IMHO it’s been comin for a very long time now . You lie and contradict yourself all the time on here . Don’t get me wrong : it’s not like it’s a major offense or anything , but the fact that you come on so strong and insult , demean and attack others on here with such regularity makes it even more Egregious . Advice : tell the truth; be honest about your beliefs and stop insulting and attacking other who don’t agree with you and you’ll be much better off  

The truth is I am a Republican… have been my winter adult life. I did vote for Biden and did vote Republican down ticket. I believe like I said in my second amendment rights, small government and lower taxes.

I also support a woman’s right to choose and the legalization of marijuana.

I think covid was politicized by both parties in this country and it’s disgusting. It is real and some basic public health measures belong in place… not lockdowns and other measures that hurt the economy.

I believe that this country at some point should transition to green energy but it should be done slowly and when it makes sense. We should not be looking to get rid of fossil fuels until we have reliable, affordable and actually green alternatives.

What else would you like to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Now that , I like !! 

The probable is the current Republican Party does not seem to have a place for those of us that are center right any more…. If you ask me it’s probably the number one reason why Trump lost

• Like 1

You voted for Biden, but also believe in second amendment rights, small Gov't and lower tax's ?

I may not be as educated as most of the brain surgeons on this forum, but if those three examples are what you believe in, you voted for the wrong President and are a lying hate filled regressive liberal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

This is exactly why it needs to go. Unless hunting or fishing related politics it should not be on a HUNTING & FISHING forum

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

You have the choice to scroll past this section, yet your here and commenting.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chef said:

The truth is I am a Republican… have been my winter adult life. I did vote for Biden and did vote Republican down ticket. I believe like I said in my second amendment rights, small government and lower taxes.

I also support a woman’s right to choose and the legalization of marijuana.

I think covid was politicized by both parties in this country and it’s disgusting. It is real and some basic public health measures belong in place… not lockdowns and other measures that hurt the economy.

I believe that this country at some point should transition to green energy but it should be done slowly and when it makes sense. We should not be looking to get rid of fossil fuels until we have reliable, affordable and actually green alternatives.

What else would you like to know!

I would like to know who hacked into your computer and posted this ?

• Like 1

Nothing good comes from the constant posting of the political tripe on here. All it does and all it’s designed to do is cause discord.

Unfortunately it’s not as easy as don’t look at the section it’s posted in. If your on a mobile platform it’s going to show up in the your feed and you can’t filter it unless you mark it read, and there after every time a comment is posted it recirculated back into the feed.

Best this this any hunting related forum can do is not allow it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

Why because it makes sense? The man asked a legit question and got a legit answer he didn’t post foolishness

Foolishness, is listening to a voter that voted for a president that has the polar opposite beliefs of some of the main core belief's he claims he stands for.

Make sense, or are you the only one in the US that's not worried about their 2A rights, Gov't overreach and actually paying more for everything because of higher tax's ?

Foolishness, is listening to a voter that voted for a president that has the polar opposite beliefs of some of the main core belief's he claims he stands for.
Make sense, or are you the only one in the US that's not worried about their 2A rights, Gov't overreach and actually paying more for everything because of higher tax's ?

You miss one big thing…. Trump has no interest in democracy he has made that very clear. Above all of my personal interests I put the survival of the American democracy above all else as should anyone who claims to love this country

4b1b589f52ed583b30a27f058c0c95ab.jpg

24 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Nothing good comes from the constant posting of the political tripe on here. All it does and all it’s designed to do is cause discord.

Unfortunately it’s not as easy as don’t look at the section it’s posted in. If your on a mobile platform it’s going to show up in the your feed and you can’t filter it unless you mark it read, and there after every time a comment is posted it recirculated back into the feed.

Best this this any hunting related forum can do is not allow it.

I don't use a mobile device to log on here.

I have to scroll down to look at this section and new posts from this section aren't posted in the home page either.

• Like 1

I don't use a mobile device to log on here.
I have to scroll down to look at this section and new posts from this section aren't posted in the home page either.

Sucks to be you. That’s a lot of time in front of a computer. Unless I am working I try avoid that.

That’s said I still think we’d be better off with out it. Doesn’t nothing but sow discontent among confederates

• Like 1

Just now, Chef said:

You miss one big thing…. Trump has no interest in democracy he has made that very clear. Above all of my personal interests I put the survival of the American democracy above all else as should anyone who claims to love this country

4b1b589f52ed583b30a27f058c0c95ab.jpg

Yet you still voted for Biden ?

Please list the Biden Administrations positive accomplishments over the last year that have benefited Americans, America or it's allies ?

In his first hours in office, he shut down the keystone pipeline, causing the loss of thousands of high paying American + Canadian jobs, causing friction with a border ally and Americas Oil independence that was accomplished under the Trump administration.

Before the ink was dry on the keystone cancellation papers, he was bending over the table, stroking the cretin Putin, by approving the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Sucks to be you. That’s a lot of time in front of a computer. Unless I am working I try avoid that.

That’s said I still think we’d be better off with out it. Doesn’t nothing but sow discontent among confederates

I'm on call this weekend, or I'd be out hunting coyote or grouse.

12 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If we eliminate this section, or make it hunting and fishing related only, you think we will allow posting politics anywhere on the site? Really?

Well, considering how much politics is involved in every aspect of our lives, including firearms, anti-hunting agendas, banning coyote contests, hunting regs, season dates, etc., etc., thinking it won't inject itself into many of the threads that will be posted in every other forum is a dream.  I think you will find it will be more work than you anticipate to keep it off the site.  I wish you luck with that.

BTW, how much activity does the political forum generate for the site percentage wise?  Won't that affect ad revenue?  Just a thought.

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Well, considering how much politics is involved in every aspect of our lives, including firearms, anti-hunting agendas, banning coyote contests, hunting regs, season dates, etc., etc., thinking it won't inject itself into many of the threads that will be posted in every other forum is a dream.  I think you will find it will be more work than you anticipate to keep it off the site.  I wish you luck with that.

BTW, how much activity does the political forum generate for the site percentage wise?  Won't that affect ad revenue?  Just a thought.

exactly the reason i would be glad its gone.  I, and most, come to this site for HUNTING and to get away from the political BS that is in every minute of life these days. We dont seek it out here. And it can be kept in check just like any other hobby forum out there that doesnt have or allow political rants. 

And i doubt that the site will lose anything for traffic by 7 members not able to argue with each other constantly. I actually bet it increases when new people dont have to see this @^#%show.   

• Like 5

Board Rules as per Burmjohn 

1. Be respectful, do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, contain curses, or otherwise violate of any laws
  2. All posts should be and remain courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to "ATTACK, DEGRADE, INSULT", or otherwise "BELITTLE" them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in this forum, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team). Phrases such as "shut up, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Please, remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.

Edited by airedale

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

Every one of those issues are raised and discussed in the regular and appropriate forums.  Thankfully so. And there doesn't seem to be a tolerance for political rants within them. Again, thankfully so.

You fail to understand that this a relatively small forum and every aspect of it affects the others. On huge forums like archerytalk you can have a sub where the batshit crazy can post whatever insane thing they want and it doesn't touch the rest of the forum. They have created a sandbox for the special-needs kids to play in. You bowhunt, you could go there. But that would mean you just be a face in the crowd or a little fish in a big pond.

This sub seems to take up an extraordinarily large part of your life, so I can understand why you're holding on so hard. I would suggest that the adult move would be to sacrifice your personal need for attention for the betterment of the whole. 

I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for you to step up.

• Like 1

I don't know why you think that.  I spend very little of my time on here.  I also don't understand why you think the forum is such a problem, because it's a sub forum and you don't need to be in it.  As for what's best for the site, I leave that to the owner to decide.  I see a ton of activity in the political forum all the time and these online forums are all about ad revenue.  Kill off a lot of activity and you cut your own throat.  It doesn't matter to me what the owner decides to do.  It's his site.  But anyone else who thinks they get to decide what the owner does, or keeps whining about making the owner do it, is suffering from a superiority complex.

Lefty, you don't know me from Adam, yet you often post as if you think you do.  And what you post seems to be projection of your own flaws. 

Wanna bet which one of us could stop posting on this site the soonest and remain off the longest?  I'll take that challenge.  You game?

20 minutes ago, left field said:

Every one of those issues are raised and discussed in the regular and appropriate forums.  Thankfully so. And there doesn't seem to be a tolerance for political rants within them. Again, thankfully so.

You fail to understand that this a relatively small forum and every aspect of it affects the others. On huge forums like archerytalk you can have a sub where the batshit crazy can post whatever insane thing they want and it doesn't touch the rest of the forum. They have created a sandbox for the special-needs kids to play in. You bowhunt, you could go there. But that would mean you just be a face in the crowd or a little fish in a big pond.

This sub seems to take up an extraordinarily large part of your life, so I can understand why you're holding on so hard. I would suggest that the adult move would be to sacrifice your personal need for attention for the betterment of the whole. 

I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting for you to step up.

I was just thinking this morning about how much time some people on here must spend glued to a screen consuming and regurgitating political garbage. I can't imagine being that wrapped up in this stuff. To each their own, but I know from personal experience, getting even mildly wrapped up in politics did not make me a better person and didn't help me accomplish anything of meaning, quite the opposite actually. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 4