Blackhorn 209 instock

Bojohunter

5 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I like bh209 but much prefer t7 due to cost . 

I almost changed to bh209,  prior to the current covid-19 crunch.  The main reason that I didn’t, is because I am pretty cheap,  and I wanted to use up my supply of t7 pellets first.  I also found that cleanup got a lot easier with the t7, after I started using Traditions foaming bore cleaner and a bore snake.

Now,  I am very glad that I didn’t make the swap, after hearing about the current supply issue, and at least one bh209 misfire this season, from another forum member.

I have never had a misfire with t7 pellets in my in-line, using three or four different brands of 209 primers.

Have t7 pellets also been scarce and expensive, since the crunch, or have they been a little easier to find lately ?  It sounds like you have found them to be a lot cheaper anyhow.

I might have just enough t7 pellets left, to get me thru the Holiday season this year.  I was also able to find a one pound can of loose t7 at Runnings, early in the crunch, from which I have only used about 100 grains.

I would like to restock my supply of pellets, with a couple more boxes for next year, if they could be located at reasonable cost.  They are considerably more convenient for me to use in my in-line than the loose powder.  

My 50 cal in-line shoots best with (2) 50 grain T7 pellets.  If and when I fill my ML/bow buck tag, during the upcoming Holiday week, I will switch to my sidelock, to work on my three remaining dmp tags.  

That shoots best, when I pour in 25 grains of loose t7, then drop in one 50 grain pellet.  I put some new fiber optic sights on that gun this year.  They worked quite well on paper, but I would really like to see how they do on a deer.

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I almost changed to bh209,  prior to the current covid-19 crunch.  The main reason that I didn’t, is because I am pretty cheap,  and I wanted to use up my supply of t7 pellets first.  I also found that cleanup got a lot easier with the t7, after I started using Traditions foaming bore cleaner and a bore snake.

Now,  I am very glad that I didn’t make the swap, after hearing about the current supply issue, and at least one bh209 misfire this season, from another forum member.

I have never had a misfire with t7 pellets in my in-line, using three or four different brands of 209 primers.

Have t7 pellets also been scarce and expensive, since the crunch, or have they been a little easier to find lately ?  It sounds like you have found them to be a lot cheaper anyhow.

I might have just enough t7 pellets left, to get me thru the Holiday season this year.  I was also able to find a one pound can of loose t7 at Runnings, early in the crunch, from which I have only used about 100 grains.

I would like to restock my supply of pellets, with a couple more boxes for next year, if they could be located at reasonable cost.  They are considerably more convenient for me to use in my in-line than the loose powder.  

My 50 cal in-line shoots best with (2) 50 grain T7 pellets.  If and when I fill my ML/bow buck tag, during the upcoming Holiday week, I will switch to my sidelock, to work on my three remaining dmp tags.  

That shoots best, when I pour in 25 grains of loose t7, then drop in one 50 grain pellet.  I put some new fiber optic sights on that gun this year.  They worked quite well on paper, but I would really like to see how they do on a deer.

I guarantee the misfire with blackhorn 209 was not a powder issue 

37 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

I guarantee the misfire with blackhorn 209 was not a powder issue 

It sounded like more of a primer issue, based on what I read.   Does t7 work with a wider variety of primers than bh209 ?  If so, that might be another reason to stick with the t7.  If sounds like primers and other reloading supplies have also been adversely affected by the Covid-19 crunch.