Anyone have a newer van?

Swamp_bucks

Wife said as much as she loves her Outlander that seats 7 it's just not big enough for her.  Looked at a couple other suvs and she didn't really care for them. 

So we are looking at the Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge grand caravan and the Toyota Siena.  2017 and newer models may go a little older if the mileage is right.

Don't really want to buy with the market the way it is but I think we can get a really good trade in on her Outlander right now.  It's an 18 with 63k miles on it.

So does anyone have a newer style van? Pros and cons on the ones I listed?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Can’t comment on the Chrysler, but my wife loves her Siena.  I think it is going on 200k miles and has only really needed tires and brakes.  It is a bit older though, maybe a 2012 or so.  

I did have the tranny fluid flushed and changed about 5 years ago, after it heated up a little on our drive back from a VA vacation that year.  The kids could smell the fluid cooking off from the back seats.  

Probably the only reason it did that, and needed a change,  was that I had towed our boat with it in overdrive one time, up to the St Lawrence and back,  when it was about a year old.  It hasn’t missed a beat since changing the fluid and she won’t let me get rid of it. 

When the roads are salted late season, I park our summer Silverado in the barn, and use that Siena as my hunting vehicle to go back and forth to my parents place about 20 miles away. I will be over there with it this Sunday for sure.

It works great for that, especially with a cheap cargo carrier in the hitch receiver for hauling carcasses.  Sure wish I had it after Thanksgiving when I had to take the tailgate off the truck, use it as a ramp, and use a comealong to winch a heavy bastard up into the bed.

Dodge is no longer making the grand caravan. And last I was told the Chrysler cannot be ordered new as they are not in production. Can't even get prices right now.  We are waiting to get 5 at work.  

The Ford Transit is all rear wheel drive except for the smallest model and they have no space in them .  Also the transits are not in production.  We have a few at work and they drive great but are rear wheel and not the best in the snow.

Tough out there to find a new van. 

If your looking for used we have had good luck with the grand caravan , but do see some tranny issues with them at times.  The Ford econoline is no longer in production and have a lot of front end issues.  

Have heard good things about the Honda's but haven't driven one and they are more expensive.  

Passenger vans have kinda been pushed aside as people are leaning more to SUV's cause you can get 4 wheel drive and still have lots of room.  

Not much out there on the lots available new or used. I would say have her drive those if you can find them and decide what she likes best then search for that model. 

Will probably get a good amount for a trade in but that's because there is nothing out there and prices are high. Def worth a look around cause it isn't impossible to find something but our biggest dealership in our area that usually has 300 vehicles on the lot might have 30 including used.  

• Like 1

We just bought a 2018 Pacifica this summer. With 2 kids, it beats the daylights out of anything we've had. My wife had a Lincoln MKT before, but even with 3 rows it was cramped before the 2nd kid. We drive back to Illinois a couple of times a year (15 hours) and with the dogs and all of our stuff, that Lincoln was busting at the seams. We haven't done the big trip in the van yet, but it has so much lore room. My wife was a "I'll never drive a minivan" person, but she is in love with it. I wish it was AWD, but I haven't had any issues with the FWD so far. It's a great ride, plenty of room, and it feels just as "luxury" as her Lincoln did. We don't have a single regret. 

• Like 1

I had a 2016 Town and Country and I loved it , it was pretty well loaded , I put about 180k miles on it and the engine started getting noisy…

I wanted a Pacifica AWD but couldn’t find one new anywhere ..

Ended up trading it in on a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

I really like it .. I’ve got about 16k on it now .

Not as much room in the back as the van but it’s a tank in the snow which I was able to test these last few days ..

Have you looked at the Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride....they are basically hipper replacements for minivans. We have the Palisade with the second row being captains chairs and the room is unreal. This sucker is loaded to boot....the boys captains chairs are even heated. Take a look at either....you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

We just picked up a 2016 Chrysler town and country. Fully loaded. Kids love the DVD player. Wife loves the roominess and the power sliding doors. Seems solid so far but we haven't had it long enough to offer a full review on it. I will say that I'm not a fan of the UConnect interface on the media display. It doesn't seem at all user friendly to me, although the wife doesn't mind it. We had it shipped in from OH. It's a 2016 with 65k on it that we got for 16k.

31 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

We just picked up a 2016 Chrysler town and country. Fully loaded. Kids love the DVD player. Wife loves the roominess and the power sliding doors. Seems solid so far but we haven't had it long enough to offer a full review on it. I will say that I'm not a fan of the UConnect interface on the media display. It doesn't seem at all user friendly to me, although the wife doesn't mind it. We had it shipped in from OH. It's a 2016 with 65k on it that we got for 16k.

I loved my 16 Town and Country , it did develop a engine rattle around 110k ,

But I loved the leather heated seats and the ease of storage .

I wanted a new AWD Pacifica but couldn’t find one .

Good luck