Muzzleloader caps took a ride

Robhuntandfish

Im guessing they are still fine.... and not my brightest moment..... but i sent my muzzleloader caps (209s) thru the dryer.  No they didnt go off and yes i found them all. 

pro tip here - probably not a great idea.  

Im thinking they are fine but havent shot one to check yet.  There were 5 of them in a holder that I left in my pants pocket. 

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Im guessing they are still fine.... and not my brightest moment..... but i sent my muzzleloader caps (209s) thru the dryer.  No they didnt go off and yes i found them all. 

Im thinking they are fine but havent shot one to check yet.  There were 5 of them in a holder that I left in my pants pocket. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I always keep about that many in the chest pocket of my hunting jacket (same pocket where I keep my smart phone).  I will try to make sure to remove them prior to throwing that jacket in the washer and dryer.

I am giving the deer a couple of days off and back at work until Thursday, then I plan on hitting them hard over the last (3) days. 

59 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

Myself...seeming as though especially in hunting you want to depend on them....primers are very cheap. toss them and put five new ones in.

thats prob what i will do, not like i get a lot of chances during muzzle. Might throw them in my range bag in case i need to resight in and can use them up. I was so worried when i found i did this that i wouldnt find them all in the dryer but was able to.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

I’ve washed and dried (numerous times) multiple SD cards.   

And pens

And tissue 

And lately Face masks that actually clean up well as long as they stay in my pocket.  

One thing that I fear running through is my key fob.  Anyone done that slick move?

My hunting buddys younger brother when he was about 10, once had brook trout heads in his pants that he threw in the dryer cause they were wet.  Why the brook trout heads were in his pocket ......i didnt ask, but his Mom was not happy! 

I put them on my fingers, ring the neighbors doorbell and sing "Rollie Pollie Fish Heads" when they answer the door. Every time I clean fish. Im 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yep. Done that several times over the yrs. Even had some go through the wash first then the dryer. Believe it or not, they still worked.

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I put them on my fingers, ring the neighbors doorbell and sing "Rollie Pollie Fish Heads" when they answer the door. Every time I clean fish. Im 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

between that and killing Buckle you must be a popular fella, dont let the lack of invites to BBQ's tell you different! 

and thanks for the earworm of that song! lol 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ve washed and dried (numerous times) multiple SD cards.   

And pens

And tissue 

And lately Face masks that actually clean up well as long as they stay in my pocket.  

One thing that I fear running through is my key fob.  Anyone done that slick move?

Admittedly I have done the key fob probably 4-5 times. Toyota. Still works.

• Thanks 1