Piss poor business.

Nytracker

Local over head door company has totally  pissed me off . Do to an incident I needed to have my 30 year old garage replaced . Incident occurred back in August. 2 missed appointments on there part they finally came out and gave me an estimate to wich I gave them 50 % down payment . Was told 6 weeks to get door .  1st week of November I call and see what the hold up is . Can't get a door .. ok I get that . Try for week of Christmas . Ok . Call and check door  hasn't come in ... but they have all the hardware and new garage opener. Door do on the 9th . Call on the 10th yup door came in on the 6th. Need to schedule to get installed . Scheduled for today. 

Up at 5 am cleaned driveway out moved cars played hooky from work . Moved stuff in garage to make room for them to work. 8 am comes and goes ..  9:00 am I call . They aren't going to make it because of the roads . They are 6 miles from me and the roads aren't that bad . I could understand if they were driving  a long ways ... I could understand  3 feet of snow .. I don't understand not even a call .  Ok rant over ...  

Edited by Nytracker

Meanwhile.. Yesterday, my buddy had one of his trucks slide back down the hill and into one of his doors. Luckily it was a direct hit on the door and missed all the framing. We stomped them flat and got the door sealed up again..

Overhead door company is there this morning replacing his bottom 3 panels... 

Sorry to hear of your troubles..Some businesses are terrible while others are excellent. 

54 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Local over head door company has totally  pissed me off . Do to an incident I needed to have my 30 year old garage replaced . Incident occurred back in August. 2 missed appointments on there part they finally came out and gave me an estimate to wich I gave them 50 % down payment . Was told 6 weeks to get door .  1st week of November I call and see what the hold up is . Can't get a door .. ok I get that . Try for week of Christmas . Ok . Call and check door  hasn't come in ... but they have all the hardware and new garage opener. Door do on the 9th . Call on the 10th yup door came in on the 6th. Need to schedule to get installed . Scheduled for today. 

Up at 5 am cleaned driveway out moved cars played hooky from work . Moved stuff in garage to make room for them to work. 8 am comes and goes ..  9:00 am I call . They aren't going to make it because of the roads . They are 6 miles from me and the roads aren't that bad . I could understand if they were driving  a long ways ... I could understand  3 feet of snow .. I don't understand not even a call .  Ok rant over ...  

I would have drove to the shop to prove a point and see what they were doing

• Like 6

Well unfortunately that’s about typical nowadays , customer service is just about a thing of the past . Oh and I drove into work this morning to plow at 1:00 , Campbell to Elmira 30 miles and I made it . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Well must be they watch the forum.owner called at 10 and said if my driveway was clean and the roads were passable they would  be sending a couple of guys up to install my door . They were here at 11. So with any luck it should be done with in a few hours . Kind of feel sorry for the guys as its 17 degrees  out there . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Well must be they watch the forum.owner called at 10 and said if my driveway was clean and the roads were passable they would  be sending a couple of guys up to install my door . They were here at 11. So with any luck it should be done with in a few hours . Kind of feel sorry for the guys as its 17 degrees  out there . 

Ask and you shall receive.  

9 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

One bad review on HuntingNY.com could kill a business!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Don't feel bad, they are lucky to have your job. They know what the weather is and they should be dressed for it. 

I had basement windows put in the other day. They had to shovel to get to the windows, I apologize for not clearing some of the snow. He said he appreciated the work and he was dressed for the weather.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:13 PM, Nytracker said:

No different  than I would want to be treated. 

I worked doing plumbing and heating for a local company for 13 yrs, and I gave all my jobs the same best job I could do for their budget. But it is great to have a customer anticipate the space you need access to, access to my van, etc. You showed them how terrific of a customer you are with ALL your gestures, I'm sure they went back and informed the boss how well you treated them. Let's hope it didn't fall on deaf ears and he learns to keep his word. Stories like this make me laugh, they want/ or in your case already took you money, and don't care about their decisions to stall! 

• Thanks 1