Some trailer mods

Decided to do some work on the trailer today.  Wanted to be able to load and unload the utv without being connected to the hitch on the truck.  Bought trailer legs/jacks that swing down to support the rear when doing so.  They work perfect.   Plenty strong to hold steady when loading and unloading.   Chock the trailer wheels and only takes a few minutes.  Plus they only hang 1.5” low when retracted.  Also added the Erickson chocks that make quick work of ratcheting down the utv.   Had them on my last trailer and love em. They never loosen when driving and they don’t compress suspension on the machine.   Just some thoughts if you are bored and want a project.   Also added a toolbox to the tongue for miscellaneous items.  

A726F709-0B5F-4316-AFF0-8F115316BB6D.jpeg

8727DBBE-46D5-41C7-808E-092DB2A335EB.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Love the chocks we have those on the landscape trailer at work. System looks great. How bout a spare tire mount for it? Sure is handy to have. And also a gas can holder.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Both good ideas I had not thought of.  I think they have stake pocket mounts for both.  

• Like 2

I put deposit on mine ,hoping next week to make a thunder run out and back to get it . I like everything you did . Is that just your everyday box on the tounge. 

I was thinking of mounting a retractable ratchet strap on mine . Do those wheel chocks remove or are they permanent? 

Spare tire a must these days 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

Just a thought. But I have seen it multiple  times where the lug nut wrench in your truck doesn't fit the trailer.  My boat trailer had different size than my truck . Fortunately I looked after I bought the boat. Never needed it though . I bought a collapsible 4 point lug nut wrench to keep in my tool box .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

What’s the name of the legs/jacks? That’s something I’ve thought of doing for a while now but haven’t looked into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAL 23025 Tent Trailer Stabilizer - 17-Inches (Set of 2)
on Amazon for $61/pair

• Like 2

BAL 23025 Tent Trailer Stabilizer - 17-Inches (Set of 2)
on Amazon for $61/pair

Those are a real nice feature. They will be on my new trailer this fall. My Lowes 5×10 has served me well for the last 12 years......time to retire the old gal. I have two neighbors who want to buy it so she will be taking on a new role hauling a riding mower around vs. My polaris rzr.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Nice trailer Moog and a smart move going with aluminum. I was in the market a few years ago and even considered good used as a first option but it seems like every steel trailer I looked at had rust problem and that carried over to brand new ones on the lot. I said the heck with that and went with an aluminum model.

I have a steel dump trailer and I found the best way to hold the rust at bay with that is to use truck bed paint. Zero rust and it wears like iron.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 10:37 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Do we have report/review yet on the new SXS?

Field pics for mega bonus points!

Sorry never saw this.  It’s killing me but I have not taken her out yet. Soon but I have a crap load on my plate between the house sale and moving.  But I do want to get that first day of riding the new talon under my belt.