Well, had a VERY ROUGH Week / Vaca...

Geno C

My vacation started out great, the first night we went down to old town and i got to the sky coaster thing with a buddy of mine...

The next day, me and my buddy got the call that my best freind had passed away in a bike accident that night. We werent even down there 20 hours... Needless to say once we got the word of a wake we changed our flight out and got home the morning of the wake. This is the kind of news that totally can take the wind out of your sails on vacation. Seeing my best friend laying there was heart breaking to say the least. Something i could not emagine in a million years. To salvage whatever chance at a vacation and to clear my head of the news i was given, we headed out to cedar point camp site where we tried to finish out a vacation. It did end pretty good and it was a good way to clear our heads.

Im just really looking forward to climbing a tree this deer season to really reflect on everything....

Very sorry to hear that.  I just asked because a local East Greenbush man was in a bike accident and he was in his thirty's. 

People these days just need to slow down and pay attension.  Again sorry for your loss and we are all here for ya.

yeah beleive it or not, he wasnt doing anything crazy. he was taking a night cruise with his fiance and enjoying the night. he does not speed with is fiance on the bike. he was cut off by and elder couple who should not have even been on the road at that time. 81 is a little to old to be behind the wheel at night. there should be some soort of test the eldery take each year after they turn a certain age and also have a time cut off of say 9pm... the elder man simply mis judged his dicision of cutting accross 2 lanes coming from a block off the main road and my freind t boned his car.

sad part is my freind ricky was supposed to come down to florida and meet us down there 5 days after he passed... him and his fiance were supposed to stay with us and vacation the last 4 days of the trip together...

People turning left in front of bikers is the number one cause of accidents and death, for bikers it is a constant threat. I came very close on a few occasions, just one of the reasons I gave up my ride. The number one excuse you hear from car drivers involved is not seeing the biker, which translates to not paying attention if you ask me.

I bet your freind loved riding, so at least you can say he died doing some thing he loved.

whew, I got chills thinking about the close calls I have had and how lucky I am to not have been in any accidents.