what town in region 4 and what is your current snow depth and when will you see brown ground

sweet old bill

In town of Berne,4H we have 3 to 4 feet on the ground. 6 plus feet in field edge drifts and 8+ feet high snowbanks in the driveway. 2 feet of ice on the lake. 

If it will stay like this week with temps in the mid 40s,we will see bare ground by mid to late April. But will still have snow spots well into May.

I just left Grand Gorge went up for the weekend. its next to Prattsville. I am at 2,100 feet and the snow is 24" easy in my yard. I didn't bother going further up the mountain. I am lucky I have a neighbor that plows right to my door. It was warm yesterday of about a 40 degrees. This morning it was 28 and it started to snow in the higher elevations AGAIN. I will go back up when the snow gets below 12" so I can run around on the quad. The way it looks up the mountain the snow will be around for another month easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at my place in Burlington on Thursday. Had at least a foot on the ground in the open areas. I was hoping to set a few cameras. Had about two feet on the ground in the woods. No chance of climbing the hill and setting cameras with that much snow. Did see lots of birds in the area.

Went to dinner last nite in Roscoe 4W it was snowing on and off all day. Took 25 minutes to get to Roscoe because roads were full of snow and ice. While driving home roads still covered  couldn't drive up to house ,not so much snow but it turned to ice under snow.  This morning cold and warmed up to 50's when we left, snow was melting fast hope this is the last of it.

Meat First, the fields are baring up, and some of the woods are starting to get fit for walking. You will get some areas in the woods that are still holding a lot of snow. Probably worth the trip by this weekend because it will be raining and staying above freezing for most of this week. Supposed to be decent weather by the weekend. Bring waterproof boots because it will be sloppy.