Hot....

growalot

Hot here and dang blistering in Rochester....thought I'd faint coming out of the stores!! and not from just sticker shock this time...lol....looks like we have some warm muggy days ahead...

I arranged my Amish air conditioning before I left...hhhmmm Mennonite...used an electric fan....I shut all down stairs windows...left up stairs open for cross breeze and vent hot air...seeing hot air rises and cold falls...pulled shades and insulated front picture window covering....then opened the basement door and angled a fan blowing up from basement...72 degrees in the house when I got home ....aahhhhh

Stay cool and hydrated out there..........

Some great hay making weather. Wait till 5 to bale. Cutting yesterday, 2 fawns laying right in the direct sun light by the treefoil and vetch. Had to shut the machine down, get off the tractor, and bump them to move. After I was done, looked back and they came back out and lay down. Their getting big.

• Like 1

Picture this-Penn station this afternoon around 6:00, 90 degrees waiting for the train. Once you get on it's air conditioned but the people smell!

Sucks for me. That is hot!

Ugh, I still have flashbacks of commuting in the city. Penn is bad enough. But, i remember waiting for the R, N, 6, and 7 trains and it could easily be well over 110 degrees in those subways. And then, you cram into the train cars with all the other cranky, sweaty, smelly people. I do not miss that.

One of the nice things in NY is the water supply. Thankfully the deer know where to get it. I always wondered what it would be like to have on a coat like a deer in summer... Even though thats the "light" coat...

First Light you make me glade I did not take that job in the city so many years ago!!! I hate commuting and I hate large crowds of poeple so the city is not for me... The less than 2 mile commute to work is much more relaxing...

• 2 weeks later...

yep I'm in again for Ice and water...hauling brush I cut the other evening...worked in the garden this a.m....Thinking I just might loose most of my summer plots....swishhh gurgle gurgle....I'm hearing that $$$ swirling the bowl....Oh well not all is lost....all set for fall and can't take away what ever improvements I made working those plots...still a win in there

The cats tail and the dogs panting keep me fanned for the moment. Although his breath is hot and the cat farts every now and then.lol Camp in 2 days can't wait. BTW I'm trying the Amish ac thing. I have the basement under the new extension, I'll give it a try!!

With a new basement you should have both slab water barrier down as well as on the block walls which helps a lot...if there is a problem...you can put in a venting system...well before you make it your permanent residence....radon testing is now standard requirement for house sales....we are in a high level area but our test was just in the acceptable range ....