OMG! Bus Monitor Abuse in Greece NY (video)

Cabin Fever

Pretty digusting in my opinion and most certainly reflects on their upbringing. Yes the old lady should have had a camera supplied by the school to document their behavior and warned them of that. The school should ban those kids from riding the public school buses for the rest of their years and the parents that should of taught them better can drive them back and forth to school for the rest of their careers. It is also quite upsetting that not one kid on the bus has the sack to stop this or report it. Or maybe it was reported and not acted upon.

With kids like these you wonder why we are no longer the bright country we once were. Not really.

Hate to get personal here... But I once took a survival job as a bus monitor. The bus companies and the school principals do not go by their own rules - they train you certain procedures then act like huh?. As long as they have a body on the bus, they are in compliance and that is all that they care about as far as I can determine.

These are minimum wage jobs and they are short of help and as a result hire unsuitable people, including decent persons like this lady who just cannot assert authority over the bus load of demons.

Funny, cause I bet any number of those punks would say hunting is cruel...

Pretty digusting in my opinion and most certainly reflects on their upbringing. Yes the old lady should have had a camera supplied by the school to document their behavior and warned them of that. The school should ban those kids from riding the public school buses for the rest of their years and the parents that should of taught them better can drive them back and forth to school for the rest of their careers. It is also quite upsetting that not one kid on the bus has the sack to stop this or report it. Or maybe it was reported and not acted upon.

With kids like these you wonder why we are no longer the bright country we once were. Not really.

There are cameras, the bus companies and the school systems just dont care. But those cameras come in real handy... When one of the "athletes" cocks off, you hang your jacket right over it and ask him to repeat what he said...

Unfortunatly this is what our school system has turned into. These little, spoiled pieces of $@#!T know that there is nothing much a teacher or administrator can do to them so they do what they want. And Im sure alot of the parents would ask " What did the monitor do to provoke my little angel?" Thats where we are people.

Growsalot is just messing with us .....He can't be serious!! LOL .. Go one Grow!!!

why message their parents. you'll only bully them as much as they did karen. plus it isnt their parents fault. are their parents in this video? no. so how can you blame the parents for an event they had nothing to do with? jesus people.

Jacob Whiting 35 seconds ago

This is a comment ont he video and the TOTAL reason a video like this exists. How can it be the parents fault? simple...THEY RAISED THE LITTLE TROLLS. Personally I think the parents and the kids should get their butts kicked. If this were my mother there would be other videos to post on Youtube.

If we did that when & where I grew up, every adult in the town would let us know what kind of knotheads we where. Our parents would be humiliated and they would remind us of that for a LONG time.

If a teacher had ever kicke my butt I would have gone home and never said a word. I would have gotten it triple there. As well I should have. These little tools wouldn't see the light o day for the rest of highschool. no extra activities. no sports. not phones or tv. nothing. homework, community service and hard manual labor at home.

The problem today is that kids have too many rights and the consequences are far and few in between. The kids today know it!!! There is such a lack of respect for themselves, peers, as well as adults. As a teacher, it is very rare to see students that are well behaved and make the right decisions. Parents are definately to blame. When an administrator attempts to discipline students whether it be school suspension or the student is denied the right to attend a school function today's parents are hiring lawyers. And this in the students' eyes makes their behavior ok!

I think you are half right. The fault is to the changing laws. not as much the parents fault. I remeber getting a good smack when I acted up or misbehaved. now a days no one can disapline their children without fear of getting locked up for abuse. I was never beaten, however when I was disiplined i learned my lesson. I work at a high school and the kids can pretty much do what ever they want without fear of disipline.. Times are changing, my wife believes there is no need to hit your child as a form of disiplin. I on the other hand dont think there is anything wrong with a "Open handed smack on the butt"

I see there are a few videos...this is not going to be popular...don't care...but half the fault is hers...So many ways to have handled that...there would not have been more than one video had she taken care of business toot sweet....I hope the parents had to sit in a room with her and their kids and authorities to watch those video's

How you can even say half of this was her fault, makes you as ignorant as those kids. She's an older lady who NEEDS a job to support herself, and possibly others. Have you ever been called fat repeatedly by kids or poked? I think she handled it as most innocent people would. She was crying and upset! If she did anything further, I'm sure she feared the issue escalating- which clearly she had enough. Bottom line is this, it is the parents fault if no disaplinary actions are taken. They are encouraging this behavior to progressively getting worse as these maniac kids gets older. Look at the big picture. Also, this poor woman should not have to subject herself to this mental and physical abuse. Those kids are monsters...they were talking about stabbing her and having their pitbill attack her!?! That's violent! How dare anyone see this for anything other than what this is- these kids were wrong. Bottom line

I'll tell you EXACTLY how I can say that...because I worked as I middle thru high school monitor...as per seen on you tube and reported this had been going on for WEEKS not a single incident...

Now I'm sorry your heart bleeds for an elderly woman that by her age alone should have been able to figure out she DID NOT have the skills nor physical aptitude to do that job...I will how ever amend it to 1/4 her fault...Half the school systems fault and1/4 the nasty little shits that did this for weeks...remember that word...WEEKS

Now I don't know your circumstance but I'll tell you straight up...that I had my kids threaten me with SS...and A few times.... I offered to call them my self more than once...Now You ppl can blame the parents..... with no back ground.... but it was your precious school system that taught these kids all these high ideals of total rights...then will drop them in the judicial system first chance they get and blame it on the parents...

Sorry but you want the kids to take responsibility...and damn well they should!! but the Adults need to take responsibility for their actions that led to this as well....

I'll also suggest if you hadn't ... read all my posts on this...

Oh..perhaps you should call the Greece police that said..." We have seen no action in this incident that warrants adult charges.''...Really??!! what videos did he watch?

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I agree, but At least she's not milking off the system and getting up and making an honest living...even at her age. My heart breaks thinking of how she must have felt. The bus driver is just as guilty for not calling the district and asking what he/she should do to defuse the situation. If I was the parent, I would make my kid publicly apologize AFTER I sign them up for the summer to work with elders and learn how to respect them. Maybe after they hear and bond with those elderly folks, they will learn to respect them. They need not say they are sorry, but actually he sorry. I also think they need to be held accountable for the stabbing comments, etc. I'm just heart broken for this woman.

• Like 3

The victim of an assault like this is never at fault for not reporting it. She probably feared getting fired if she reported it to the school principal. These kids are stupid! So stupid, they posted their own criminal convictions on You Tube. How stupid can you get?

Their parents should have one chance to punish the kids for their actions, to the satisfaction of the entire community. If they fail to do it, or try to defend their spawn, they should be charged as accessories for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

• Like 1

Growalot, I agree with all you're saying. It's the schools responsibility to recognize she is not at the age or skill set to be a good fit for the position. I don't know this woman's background, but of she needs this job to keep a roof over her head, you can't fault her. I'm sure shes limited to finding a job that she feels she can do, and also being at her age...I can't imagine that employers are making that easy. She could have gotten up and yelled, screamed etc. but that would have escalated. I'm also sure there was fear on her part that these kids would do more to her. Like I said, I agree with all you say, but if she needs that job...she did what most people do and had to deal with. That is sad to me. These kids are out of control

this video is only a small sampling of what happens to monitors or school bus drivers on a daily basis..

a monitor is put on a school bus as a sacrificial lamb so when something goes down and a brat is seriously injured or killed the bus company and district have someone to hang out to dry.

its all about liability, if they really cared they would put specially trained personal on buses and give them the simple right to atleast defend themselves. its a corporation thing, if you havnt noticed almost all small school bus companies have been bought out by big transportation corps.

• Like 1

The other thing is she was working under a union and had a union rep to help her ...all she needed to do was take the initiative....but as I said so many ppl dropped the ball way before this came to a head....Yes very public apologies....absolutely no cells allowed...community service working with the elderly...and a very thorough day/night introduction to the prison system....// I had a pediatrician Dr E Lewis tell me from the get go...... never show your kids weakness and never back down on any thing you say...so choose your words wisely....

Our son..whom everyone loves...works two jobs and owned his own home at 21...and circuit city payed for his HVAC schooling at MCC while he went to school and managed their install ...decided he did not like our rules and ran away in junior high....then called me...." WTH!! you put out an arrest warrant on your own kid?! nice MOM"...my reply was...you have one hour to be home...after that I'm responsible for you and you don't have the right to leave unless you want to go in the system...so let the cops pick you up....Your choice...not mine....

He knew he should not be surprised and the next test he sent my way....I forced the system to put us in mediation with him...but it took me a half a week and mild threats to do so....There are lots of ways to get through a tough teen other than hitting besides he was over 6 ft by then...

Our daughter just once didn't come home until 3:30 a.m....there was no yelling or screaming...for she was loved by everyone as well...I just waited until 2:30 a.m. and picked up the phone...I called every single parent of every single friend...to see if they'd seen her...knowing full well where she was...let her know how scared we were and disappointed....then let all those other parents ..rip her a new one...worked for me...but " did get the " how could you MOM??!!..it was easy.... I love my kids and if they had to learn the hard way young...then they were less likely to learn it when older and lives could be ruined....I did a lot of uncomfortable to others...unconventional things to teach my kids to be better adults...but its the unconventional that stuck...it was the OMG she's embarrassing me again stuff that made them engage their brains...not being afraid of what others thought...my daughter works in high Education...and routinely thanks me...in her daily disbelief on certain encounters..though I was just one level above ...B---h when she was a teen

When the system changes the rules on you...... you need to be creative in ways of dealing with kids

Edited by growalot

Sad to say but these kids are the by product of what we have produced. A whole generation of heartless, cold blooded cut your throat then go out for pizza generation that cares about nobody and not even themselves. I hate to say this but it all started a few decades ago with moms having to work, and i will bet you any one of those kids comes from a broken family, divorced parents maybe even more than once! and a good percentage have probably even witnessed some type of abuse because their parents were the first generation of what i just discribed.

All this BS the psychology industry pumped on us years ago about, ohhh kids are tough they come thru a divorce very well and have a great way of bouncing back, remember that folks...

Here is the local article of the bus monitors reaction. She said she DID report it to the bus drivers and co-workers, but she didn't think much would come of it! http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/greece-bus-monitor-bullied/By_QBop-kUyMCSNVnNYr-A.cspx

The news just said that there should be an update today, as to whats going to be done with the punks. One of the boys fathers (who wouldn't show his face!), made an apology to the woman, although it was quite hard to understand with his broken english...

Yes this video sucks and I feel for her but that's not how all kids act. Those few should be hung out to dry! There is a bit of generalizing going on here and stereotyping. For everyone of those bad kids there are probably 5 that are good. This goes on all the time and not just in this generation.

Edited by First-light
  • Like 1

If nothing else...some good WILL come of this...even for her...for you can bet many school systems will be scrambling to put in place........ ways to NOT have there names and faces plastered across the web in a similar circumstance

First light...... your right.... and I'll add to that even the "bad" kids...though brainless as they were at times...were good deep down ...just caught up in the stupidity of growing up and the pack mentality ...any one that's worked in a school knows what I'm saying

Being serious not flip or sarcastic perhaps Walmart would hire her as a greeter...certainly would bring in business for them and give her a safe place to work.....

I work at a school and most parents would be shocked at what the kids say or do. some of the parents might be proud of the rotten way they act. on a normal basis these kids would not act this way, its a mob thing. one starts it and automatically friends are drawn into act stupid.

would love to see some of the parents of the ones that were calling her fat, what are the chances they are all skinny?