Tresspassers

fasteddie

you talk about people but yet seems like your trying antagonize lawdwiz

Having fun with a thread here Paula. What do you want to talk about; politics, unions, crossbows??

A trespassing kid and his father thread have been good for the sight. Lots of looks means more traffic for the advertisers=Good news for the cash register.

I'm sure the kid and his dad meant no harm and if confronted would be very apologetic and never do it again. Hopefully.........

RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are totally right on this one Doewacker. And Lawdwaz as well. Funny stuff

Come to think of it....That kid DID look kind of familiar peering out from under that helmet...

I think he may be TED NUGENT's illegitimate son !!.....

• Like 1

Sorry Paula, Just callin' this one as i see it. During hunting season or if the guy was carrying a machete on his hip, I might feel different. But it's a 12 yr old on his bike in the summer with a helmet on. Find out who it is if you must, go talk to the family and maybe you will make a friend. Rather then an enemy that will be out to get you when he gets older because you were so harsh this time. And for those that think only a trespasser would condone such an act. Well, guilty as charged. As a young teenager we wondered the woods exploring what was around every bend or hilltop. And the posted Hallbecker pond was the best skinny dippin water hole in the county. LOL

Bubba, what are you worth? How do you prescribe meds? You are a nurse. Did you mean administer meds?

No. I meant prescribe. I am a nurse practitioner with a specialty in psychiatric care. I am a team leader on a mobile mental health team and I work for the state. What I am worth is more than enough to stay very comfortable. What I own is priceless. OOPS I forgot to add with a masters degree in forensic nursing.

Edited by bubba

Oh look another I hate trespassers thread! I'm with Dave and WNY and all of the other folks who would seek out a reasonable solution versus calling in the National Guard. (intended sarcasm)

There was an 80 year old man who used to walk across our property all the time with his equally old dog. I had never met him,although I knew he lived close by. You know what I would do each time I saw that old SOB. I would smile and wave!

There is this thing called discretion. Should a person ask before entering private private? Yes of course. We also should have some sensibility about what is worth getting up in arms about and what is not.

• Like 2

Oh look another I hate trespassers thread! I'm with Dave and WNY and all of the other folks who would seek out a reasonable solution versus calling in the National Guard. (intended sarcasm)

There was an 80 year old man who used to walk across our property all the time with his equally old dog. I had never met him,although I knew he lived close by. You know what I would do each time I saw that old SOB. I would smile and wave!

There is this thing called discretion. Should a person ask before entering private private? Yes of course. We also should have some sensibility about what is worth getting up in arms about and what is not.

You hit the nail right on the head!! The thing that bothers me the most is all the city people that move up here buy a little peice of there own heaven, post the crap out of the land, put up security cameras and then tresspass all over there neighbors lands!!

"You hit the nail right on the head!! The thing that bothers me the most is all the city people that move up here buy a little peice of there own heaven, post the crap out of the land, put up security cameras and then tresspass all over there neighbors lands!!"

Are you kidding me. I'm not from the city but from LI. It took me alot of hard work to buy my farm. Yes, It's posted. I pay for the taxes, the upkeep, the habitat work etc. etc. I have to deal with people tresspassing, breaking into my house and stealing my stuff. Yes, my place has been broken into (twice) I do have security cameras and an alarm now. whats wrong with that? Imagine your home was broken into, it's not a great feeling. I have a neighbor who would drive his quad all the time on my property even during prime time. his answer to me was I'm driving the deer to you! are you kidding me. I would tell this guy everytime not to ride his quad on my place but in one ear out the other. I wanted to stay friendly because Im an out of towner but enough was enough. Long story short he doenst come on my property anymore! I keep to my self and stay on my property!

Sure ... the people who would be most tolerant about this type of illegal activity are most likely the ones who don't have any land to be intolerant about. That makes it easy to support this kind of law-breaking (and even cheer it on). I'm certain that none of these supposed good natured tolerant types have encountered the problems that come along with all the different types of trespass and related activities that I and many others have outlined in this thread and others quite a few times already ..... for those that take the time to read them. And that tells me that they either don't own any land, or if they do they simply are totally unaware of what goes on there. However, I have yet to meet any landowner who has not had some (and often many) negative experiences with the kind of people that totally ignore trespass laws and posted signs. There's a certain negative mentality that goes along with the act of illegal, unpermitted trespass that reflects the capacity to do other more invasive and disrespectful activities. Those that have come up with shot-up or ripped down posted signs, cut fences, trash and litter, vandalism, missing treestands or game cameras, know exactly what I'm talking about. And yes sometimes it happens to be a result of innocent looking, chubby little kids .... lol. So even though there are a few here that would like to use this kid as a poster child for the sanctity of trespass, be aware that you really have no idea what these two were actually up to or what they are capable of doing given the right opportunities. I'm thinking it is a good thing that Fasteddie put his camera up high and out of the direct line of sight.

Generally, it is this attitude of flagrant disrespect of landowners that caused the posted signs to be put up in the first place. How you react to trespassing most likely depends on whatever experiences one has had with this kind of situation and depends on which side of the fence you happen to be on.

Well Doc , unlike many of the members that don't have a problem with Trespassers on their property , I would like to say that I was brought up to respect the property of others and to respect my elders . Unfortunately , I am running out of both !

• Like 1

So what about ATV / Snowmobile trails, the ones that have been around forever? I have a trail that goes through my property. I've been told by neighbors that its a "National Trail" whatever that means, I googled all over, called no such trail exists. I don't mind its the corner of my proprety but I've been told by multiple neighbors its used by everyone around here for ATV, Horse, Snowmobile, etc... I actually believe its a fire road or whatever they are called. Google even has it in their maps as a real road (but its not), i verified the town abonded it back in the late 70's.

So what about ATV / Snowmobile trails, the ones that have been around forever? I have a trail that goes through my property. I've been told by neighbors that its a "National Trail" whatever that means, I googled all over, called no such trail exists. I don't mind its the corner of my proprety but I've been told by multiple neighbors its used by everyone around here for ATV, Horse, Snowmobile, etc... I actually believe its a fire road or whatever they are called. Google even has it in their maps as a real road (but its not).

Burmjohn, we have a trail running through the center of a pine meadow on our property that the neighbors say is a "right of way" According to them, it is for public use. No note of it is made in our property map, and for being a public trail, they have their sides of it heavily posted. Of course, they feel free to use our section of it, obvious from the heavy wheeler, dirtbike and truck tracks. I used to have a stand up there, and had some guy on a mountain bike ride right through. He took off when he saw me coming, which I don't understand if it's a public trail. I blocked off both ends with rocks and logs, and put "No trespass" signs up. They simply went around the barrier. I was up there a month ago building a board stand, and somehow, I think I dropped a bunch of nails in the trail, and a couple of 2x6 boards with screws thru them. Oops.

Edited by Skillet

"You hit the nail right on the head!! The thing that bothers me the most is all the city people that move up here buy a little peice of there own heaven, post the crap out of the land, put up security cameras and then tresspass all over there neighbors lands!!"

Are you kidding me. I'm not from the city but from LI. It took me alot of hard work to buy my farm. Yes, It's posted. I pay for the taxes, the upkeep, the habitat work etc. etc. I have to deal with people tresspassing, breaking into my house and stealing my stuff. Yes, my place has been broken into (twice) I do have security cameras and an alarm now. whats wrong with that? Imagine your home was broken into, it's not a great feeling. I have a neighbor who would drive his quad all the time on my property even during prime time. his answer to me was I'm driving the deer to you! are you kidding me. I would tell this guy everytime not to ride his quad on my place but in one ear out the other. I wanted to stay friendly because Im an out of towner but enough was enough. Long story short he doenst come on my property anymore! I keep to my self and stay on my property!

Thats not what he was saying. Re-read the statement, with emphasis on the last 8 words....

Sure ... the people who would be most tolerant about this type of illegal activity are most likely the ones who don't have any land to be intolerant about. That makes it easy to support this kind of law-breaking (and even cheer it on).

I actually havent seen anyone say they condone trespassing, or that they dont have a problem with them. What I have seen though is some people want to string them up, call the cops immediately, etc and others are more apt to talk to the people nicely first.

NYS did set aside certain right ofways for snowmobiles in the state...there MAY be a map....

As far as the town abandoning a road....they can "abandon" it all they want but it is still under legal right of way for public use until the town has turned it over to the neighboring properties legally..... or the town erects a sign saying it is not to be used...We have one of those on our road...the town retains control over the right of way but it is now nothing more than a farm access road...ppl did put gates up at one end but..... can not legally stop ppl from using the remaining access so gates are suppose to be either open or able to be opened...Most towns won't give up legal right of way in such cases do to possibly having a need to reopen such roads for development....