Okay, it's official - Whitetail Mgmt implemented

nyslowhand

So, are bow hunters still allowed in the field during Youth firearms weekend? That would be Oct. 6,7, and 8th.

Wrong dates, aren't they? Oct 12-14...?

Can't hunt from a treestand...?

"14 and 15 Year Old Junior Hunters Can Hunt Deer and Bear with a Firearm

Here are the requirements for junior hunters to hunt big game with a firearm:

Youth must have completed a course in Hunter Education and

• Youth must have a Junior Hunting license.
  • Adult mentor must be a parent, legal guardian, or a person who is 21 years or older and is designated in writing on the Mentored Youth Hunter and Trapper Permission Form (PDF 24 kb).
  • Adult mentor must be licensed to hunt big game and have 3 years of big game hunting experience.
  • Adult mentor must maintain physical control over the Junior Hunter at all times while hunting. This means the mentor and Junior Hunter must be close enough to talk without the aid of a radio and must be able to see each other.
  • Both the Junior Hunter and mentor must remain on the ground while hunting; you may not use a tree stand or hunt from an elevated platform.
  • Both the Junior Hunter and mentor must wear hunter orange visible from all directions: shirt, jacket or vest with at least 250 square inches of solid or patterned orange (the pattern must be at least 50% orange) OR a hat with at least 50% orange."

The way it reads, I would take it to start the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. 6,7, and 8th. I very well. could be wrong though. Thanks for posting the requirements. Also might be a good time for all bow hunters to wear some orange to and from their hunting spots.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Wow...this is different than what I just read in outdoor news which stated no youth hunt and what in the world does this mean?!!

(ii) Any person participating in the bowhunting bear hunting season may not have in his or her possession, or be accompanied by a person who has in his or her possession, any hunting implement other than a legal longbow.

Ok...the wording is throwing me...maybe I never noticed it before but.....

have they always referred to bow hunting as being with a long bow...because the definition of a long bow is different than recurve and way different than a compound and not in the same park as a cross bow...So as I read it legally states you can only possess a long bow during archery

Ok...the wording is throwing me...maybe I never noticed it before but.....

have they always referred to bow hunting as being with a long bow...because the definition of a long bow is different than recurve and way different than a compound and not in the same park as a cross bow...So as I read it legally states you can only possess a long bow during archery

Where are you reading Grow?

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

You then have to look at their definitions for long bows to see what they mean by that. Its never simple lol.

Its all over the page. My guess is they did it to easily differentiate the difference between a vertical bow and a crossbow so less people are confused. Just a guess though.