Rain

Paula

Just started...but just a drizzle...afraid too little too late.....when traveling yesterday saw many fields of very short corn all tasseled out some very thin sad looking bean fields ...once that happens it stops growing...farm we went to had just done a 2nd cutting of hay.....They are looking at a tough winter with a lot of animals to feed...puts the food plots in perspective

Couldn't be more excited!!! Drove 4 hours to property Friday morning and planted annuals (brassica and turnips) in three different food plots. I tried to plan the planting around the rain especially since my corn crop failed. Hoping when I go back up in two weeks I'll see some growth!!

The eastern side of the state is not doing any better.Went and baught some sweet corn the other day first picking and it was terrible,very small ears compared to other year's at this time.Almost to late in the season to recover from the lack of rain,

We have only had a sprinkling here in Ontario . I was going to help my son take down some ladder stands and possibly put them up on other properties but he said it was raining in Honeoye Falls and didn't want to take a chance on one of us getting hurt by slipping on the ladders or him making his torn biceps muscle any worse .

My brother was at our place in 3A & said there was no running water on the property. Logging road washed out from the spring rain and now was a leg breaking rocky stream bed. They've also had no rain for a while. 100 degrees and Beaverkill campsite was packed with people trying to get in the river to cool off. Locals in town had "good" news, the deer population is down & they aren't eating everyone's flowers and shrubs. That sounds just ducky. Whistle pigs are all over, even in our food plot.