Got a letter from the Sherrifs Dept...

...telling me I now have a concealed carry permit.. I have had a sportmans permit for over 20 years, so I decides to apply a few months ago for a carry concealed. I went with my younger son to the sherrifs dept. so that he could get an apllication for a pistol permit. While I was there I asked what it would take to change my current permit to concealed carry. The woman behind the counter (a retired sherrifs deputy) said " If you have 10 minutes and your permit we can do it right now."... I couldn't get my permit out fast enough!! That was in April, so it took a while, but I received my notification today that all restrictions have been lifted on my permit... and I'm good to go.

So what is the difference from the sportsmans to the carry concealed? What county?

I have a carry concealed, but with a recreational only stamp on it. So I cant carry it at all unless I am hunting, hiking, target shooting, snowmobiling...ect

So what is the difference from the sportsmans to the carry concealed? What county?

I have a carry concealed, but with a recreational only stamp on it. So I cant carry it at all unless I am hunting, hiking, target shooting, snowmobiling...ect

That's what I had.. now I can carry it anywhere except NYC, and any federal building... Madison County.

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome. They won't lift my restrictions in Oneida County. Mine is for hunting hiking target and camping. Been trying for over 10 years. Doesn'y matter cause I use mine for hunting and target mainly but I would like to not be restricted anymore.

Congrats Joe, I guess I just live in the wrong county LOL

That's awesome. They won't lift my restrictions in Oneida County. Mine is for hunting hiking target and camping. Been trying for over 10 years. Doesn'y matter cause I use mine for hunting and target mainly but I would like to not be restricted anymore.

Congrats Joe, I guess I just live in the wrong county LOL

Was like that here in Madison when I got mine 20 odd years ago... they have eased up quite a bit since then... not that I really will carry all that much, but I like having the option.