It's Official: He's a Monster!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Absolutely amazing buck! He's got a lot of really neat character to his rack. What do you think he would score? I was thinking upper 140's to low/mid 150's after deductions. Either way it's an awesome deer. Good luck chasing him down, and hope you get a shot at him.

Absolutely amazing buck! He's got a lot of really neat character to his rack. What do you think he would score? I was thinking upper 140's to low/mid 150's after deductions. Either way it's an awesome deer. Good luck chasing him down, and hope you get a shot at him.

Last year he would have grossed right around the 147 mark as a mainframe 9-pt. If you would have doubled his bigger side he would been around 153. He's got a lot of trash this year and I'd guess he'll gross in the 170's as a non-typical???

Got to say, that's one nice stud. He's a smart one, for sure to get that big. Going to be a challenge to get a poke at him, hope you do, especially a bow kill. Know your tag won't be filled with some of the earlier buck pics u showed,right away, lol. When u grab a hold of a rack like that, pinch yourself, think your in heaven, lol.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Oh, I might kill this one is he shows himself...lol.

IMAG2957c.jpg

Seriously, it's been a frustrating summer for getting big bucks on the cams. I've only managed to capture pics of two out of the top 5 deer I've seen. The big one in this thread had 4 other shooters with him when I saw him in July with one of them being a real bruiser. No pics of any of the them or the monster across the road on the neighbor's either...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Maybe u need to help neighbor hang his cameras, lol. Again, wish u all the luck.

I hunt the neighbor's farm too and had a camera set-up for this big guy. The problem is, the bachelor group he is part of always feeds/beds out in the middle of an alflafa field and there is no where to hang a camera but along a little patch of woods at the bottom of the field. I got pics of several of his buddies but none of him even though I saw him within 60-70 yds of my camera on several occasions...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Expecting much challenge with dispersal/shifting range? Having sheds certainly helps...but any idea if he sticks around in the fall time?

Great NY buck.

People are getting a ton of daytime shots of mature bucks lately. I'm getting an unusual amount myself.

Wowser! That is a fantastic Buck!

That is first and foremost AGE, Good Soil, and good Habitat, followed by good genes.

Good luck with him!

No doubt about it, age is the key factor. If the state ever closed deer season for 3 years the quality of bucks running around would be mind-boggling!!!

• Like 1

Expecting much challenge with dispersal/shifting range? Having sheds certainly helps...but any idea if he sticks around in the fall time?

Great NY buck.

People are getting a ton of daytime shots of mature bucks lately. I'm getting an unusual amount myself.

He's not going anywhere. He spends most of his time hiding out on the ani-hunter/vegan neighbors woods that connects to the property that I hunt.

I would be hunting that corn field edge during the afternoon for the first couple weeks of season if the time is correct o the camera

The time is correct. There are several newly planted cloverfields on the other side of the woods (where I can't hunt) where I think the deer are spending alot of time.