a great find

bubba

I found a thompson center 50 caliber grey hawk at a garage sale for 75 bucks. Gun looks new sidelock stainless barrel and furniture. Bore looks new. I put a set of fiber optic sites on it. I plan to take it to the range with patched round balls and pyrodex rs. If I can get it dialed in, I plan to use it for early ml along with my inherited 54 renegade.

• Like 1

I hear stories like this all the time. I have seen people pick up .22's for $10-20. I have never been lucky enough to find a gun other than a bb gun and an old shot gun that they wanted over $1000 for at a garage sale let alone find a good deal on one.

My uncle has bought 2 climbers one for $20 one for $25 and a bunch of hang on stands for $10-$15 a piece and one ladder stand for $20. The best I can ever find for hunting equipment is old worn out camo clothes that doesn't fit and is almost as much as they want new in the store. But I still stop and look anyway.

Nice looking gun you got there btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Edited by noahmstone

I got it out and shot it today. 50 yards 4 inch groups with old eyes and open sights. 80 grains of goex ffg black powder ox yoke 10 thousandths patch and 490 round balls. Rws caps. I am very happy so far. The only bad part will be grtting more goex. I do have some pyrodex as much as I hate the idea.