send letters for crossbows in NY

What does that have to do with Fair Chase, and stretching the rules for those who are too lazy or incompetent to follow them?

I imagine he is referring to microwaves and electricity makes things easier in our lives . "Making Things Easier" !

What does that have to do with Fair Chase, and stretching the rules for those who are too lazy or incompetent to follow them?

To use you favorite line...."this is where your logic fails". Crossbows do not equate town animal being taken outside the rules of fair chase! And thereis mo rule stretchingbeing proposed....change of the law is.

Thanks eddie....glad somehave basic logic

Last i heard crossbows are legal(albit reg season and late bow/muzzleloader) so that statement is moot. they are drawn although not held by hand(although i don't know many finger shooters) seems most bow hunters are using somekind of mechanical release today!(i remember the big fight to allow them to be used over 3 finger gloves and shooting tabs) so with 80% let off i guess thats cheating as well... As for tradition the crossbow has been around for over a thousand years!  the argument  about how far they can shoot is a half truth, longbows/compounds can shoot much farther. a bolt is short and they loose energy much faster than an arrow. So finially the opinion of a few to rule the many is as about an unamerican as one can get(if you want to speak of traditions) If crossbow is included in early season(as a lot on this forum seem to feel it should be) its not the end of bow hunting as we know it...its another change like everything else in this world changes, if we want it to or not.

Arrow your statement of guns in bow season is lame and childish, bows and crossbows are legal and are archery equipment, a firearm is not. You have a belief but you make yourself look childish with such statements. I can respect your belief but i find it harder and harder to take what your posting serious, your like a kid who keeps poking at an animal in a cage just to get his parents attention...eventually people will stop caring and let you get bit!

bows and crossbows are legal and are archery equipment, a firearm is not.

Nope.....a crossbow is certainly not legal archery equipment.

FAIL.

I can respect your belief but i find it harder and harder to take what your posting serious.

You won't take me serious?  I am devastated. :'(

I really think the opponents are going to be disappointed ...this will be offering an increased deer harvest and anopportunity to increase revenue....it is going to happen

I'm with ya, the sooner the better, N.Y. needs to get over this.

I really believe we are all on the same team,Arrow. We don't always agree...and that is ok. We all should just keep our eye on the gold ring of seeing our sport grow......keep it ethical and safe and in the long run we get to enjoy those special days afield. I really don't seethe inclusion as a downfall to bowhunting.....since you do...we are just going to have to agree to disagree....I truely wish ya luck in the up coming season.

Although I disagree with you on the crossbow issue Arrow.. One can definitely respect your conviction for what you believe...

“So, You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ..Winston Churchill

What makes using a cross - bow any less fair chase then using a bow or a gun?

Why is someone who wants to use a cross-bow called lazy, incompetent, and unethical or a slob hunter? No one in this State has ever seen a cross-bow hunter who is lazy, incompetent or unethical. They have not been able to hunt in this State till this upcoming season. (I’m sure after this season there will be some) We have all seen plenty of lazy, incompetent, and unethical or slob hunters, who hunt with bow and or gun.

What makes using a cross - bow any less fair chase then using a bow or a gun?

Why is someone who wants to use a cross-bow called lazy, incompetent, and unethical or a slob hunter? No one in this State has ever seen a cross-bow hunter who is lazy, incompetent or unethical. They have not been able to hunt in this State till this upcoming season. (I’m sure after this season there will be some) We have all seen plenty of lazy, incompetent, and unethical or slob hunters, who hunt with bow and or gun.

Great point Larry.....prior to this season they have been slob poachers... :D

I'm all for crossbows... I would prefer a separate season.. simply because I wouldn't hunt with one during the Bowseason.. I like my recurve too much... But, I'd love to hunt with a crossbow if it had it's own season.. so I guess I'm riding the train, just in the caboose.

FAIL.

Actually, he said 2 separate things in the sentence, not 1. First, he said crossbows are legal, which is true. Second, he said they are archery equipment, which they are.

You FAIL at your lame attempt to twist things.

FAIL.

Actually, he said 2 separate things in the sentence, not 1. First, he said crossbows are legal, which is true. Second, he said they are archery equipment, which they are.

You FAIL at your lame attempt to twist things.

They are legal in GUN season.

They are clearly defined as other than archery,

YOU fail in your attempt to twist things as though I am trying to twist things.

LOL

I'm all for crossbows... I would prefer a separate season.. simply because I wouldn't hunt with one during the Bowseason.. I like my recurve too much... But, I'd love to hunt with a crossbow if it had it's own season.. so I guess I'm riding the train, just in the caboose.

I am in the same boat as you Joe. I wouldn't use one unless it was an add on season. In a perfect world for me

separate 2 week season...maybe first two weeks of October SZ and 2 weeks before NZ opener. That wold give a user a month if they wished. anyone using during special season needs a crossbow license. the group during bow buys a bow stamp

open in bow for handicapped (maybe an age class too...say over 65).

participants must take the bowhunter education course

would make me happier than a kid in a candy store.....I would get an extra month of hunting with my father.