send letters for crossbows in NY

I don't see how having crossbows will have any impact what so ever on NYS hunting... Especially in the Regular season.. I view it as just another weapon that I'll have the pleasure to try and take a deer with... and I definitely will try! When will we get a hammer season?? :)

Or axe season!! Now we're talkin. Auto loading axe thrower. :(8)

I think it is inevitable that crossbows will be allowed during regular season in the next couple of years . Okay , it's gonna happen .

All I am asking is evidence of any surveys , petitions , etc to allow crossbows to become legal without any pious bull crap about research . I have done my research and there is NOTHING to substantiate the claim that there is a high percentage of folks that want crossbows . Show the reports !

And ....... I have money set aside for the PSE Tac-15 unless something faster and shoots groups beyond 100 yards comes along .

I think it is inevitable that crossbows will be allowed during regular season in the next couple of years . Okay , it's gonna happen .

All I am asking is evidence of any surveys , petitions , etc to allow crossbows to become legal without any pious bull crap about research . I have done my research and there is NOTHING to substantiate the claim that there is a high percentage of folks that want crossbows . Show the reports !

And ....... I have money set aside for the PSE Tac-15 unless something faster and shoots groups beyond 100 yards comes along .

a high priced black crossbow does not a successful hunter make "Grasshopper" :D  you should consider a good used Chinese model first my son :D LOL. and you can only be truly reverver by your counterparts when you yourself find the truth thru Research my son.

Personally I enjoy hunting with a compound bow and have no need at this time for a x bow. I do have several older relatives that can't pull a compound bow and hold it due to medical problems so I do see the x bow as a great way to extend someones season.

Here's a great idea. Instead of writing a letter or email why don't all of you on this forum hop  a bus next Tuesday and hand deliver your letters to your leggiscritters.

Or ......... do a 20 man march .

That is quite funny actually!  With a little trick photography they can make it look like there was a mass of humanity there in support.

yea there was no trick photography needed up in Albany last spring when the NY bowhunters (only about 3 of them) stood outside in a lobby to protest crossbow inclusion right along with an anti hunting group... :P

I am going to join in on this issue.  I am not able to draw my compound any longer, due to injuries.  When this happened to me I explored ways that I could continue to bow hunt.

What I found is my crossbow. I moved to Ohio where it is Legal.

I do NOT use it here in NY. But, I will when it becomes a legal method.

I have read in the previous pages how this "tool" will ruin the sport of bow hunting in "our woods" I really don't see what these folks are so afraid of.

I was  a stick bow hunter back in my youth, then came the compounds, and I changed with the times. I didn't take very many deer, and I still don't. 

But, I guess the point I am trying to make is, it's not the tool that I am using that is going to produce the results. These are all still tools!

They all use a string, and limb tension to propel a shaft at my desired target.

I am the ONLY variable that is changing !!

By this I mean that my strength is waning, my eye sight is dimming, BUT I still want to be out in the Autumn woods to enjoy the beauty of the woods.

It makes no difference if I am sitting in my treestand, with a stick bow, a compound or a crossbow, I am still in the woods HUNTING ! ! !

I am not going to be able to go out there and harvest EVERY deer that crosses my path, nor would I want to. In most instances, I am NOT going to even get a second shot. 

I practice at least 3-5 times a week with my crossbow. I can shoot effectively to 60 yards, but as my rule, I will not shoot at a deer farther than 40 yards!

Thanks for your time, Bill.

Hi, it's a shame that the cross gun has pitted us against each other, but the fact is..it has.

Bowhunters do not want them in the archery season..and that is that.

Have fun with them in the rifle season, and the late Muzzleloader season..but if you can't learn how to tune, and shoot a bow, wait for a season that suits you better.

Hi, it's a shame that the cross gun has pitted us against each other, but the fact is..it has.

Bowhunters do not want them in the archery season..and that is that.

Have fun with them in the rifle season, and the late Muzzleloader season..but if you can't learn how to tune, and shoot a bow, wait for a season that suits you better.

Pardon? Im a bow hunter. I believe that crossbows belong in archery season, with the other forms of archery equipment. I am not alone in this belief either. Watch yourself when painting with a broad brush.  ;)

Well, then you are mistaken, and prepare for battle in the congress. We have a well organized group that is willing to spend money, and to oppose any cross gun legislation.

The line has been drawn in the sand...an x gun is not a bow, and therefore should only be allowed in the rifle season.

The fact that it will be allowed in the Muzzleloader season is null...muzzleloaders allready ruined the late archery season here in NY.

It would be a great thing to let the hunter decide which option to use as they need to make choices.

And the weather in bow season can be far more enjoyable to someone experiancing these conditions. An aging hunter has earned the right to choose.

Yeah, let's just let everybody decide which weapon to use during any season...lol

That' why we have to abide by the NY regs as designated by the DEC.

If it were my call, I would say use whatever weapon you choose, and just call it deer season..that would put all this nonsense to rest.

Heck, why even have a season...take a deer whenever you want..is anybody getting the drift here?

It would be a great thing to let the hunter decide which option to use as they need to make choices.

And the weather in bow season can be far more enjoyable to someone experiancing these conditions. An aging hunter has earned the right to choose.

Yeah, let's just let everybody decide which weapon to use during any season...lol

If it were my call, I would say use whatever weapon you choose, and just call it deer season..that would put all this nonsense to rest.

Heck, why even have a season...take a deer whenever you want..is anybody getting the drift here?

hey Spiker, come back when you grow some horns and gain some usable knowledge ???

I suggest you read the bill allowing crossbows in gun and late archey season, then read this bill to allow use of them in the eary archery season for Disabled Hunters. i believe this is benifical for them and you should be supporting it. And don't give me the crap if you give em an inch they will make it legal for everyone. I would fight that as well (i personal would like a seperate season for them) This bill is for DISABLED HUNTERS and i don't think them as lazy not wanting to try a compoundbow they are disabled!

hey Spiker, come back when you grow some horns and gain some usable knowledge ???

Now there's a knowledgable exchange. Not that I would expect a better argument from an x gun pusher.

And, I do advocate them for the disabled.

I can't take a guy seriously that has to resort to childish things like calling a crossbow a crossgun.. ok we get that you somehow have this dillusion that just because it has a trigger and a stock that somehow it is a gun... so now fast forward to adulthood and have an adult conversation using correct terminology

More likely shame or lack of convictions.

Look at the vitriole that you and a few others have displayed here.  It is not a significant stretch of the imagination to believe that some crossbow advocates would resort to violence.

Besides....its really none of your business who holds what position, if any, in NYB.

Looks like shame AND lack of convictions.

All reps are public ally identified on the NYB website as well as in Full Draw. And they are a public, nfp corp, although not the subclass a past president claimed until called on it.

Having to post your vitriol anonymously just demonstrates what you really are.

If I had any propensity to violence over a discussion of archery equipment, would I be using my real name on a public forum? Unlike those who live in the shadows and have a selfish agenda - they need anonymity.