send letters for crossbows in NY

I think it was a solution to a problem that doesn't exist...a extra gimmick to cater to the "I got the newest and best" crowd. The same guy that buys the V10 pickup but doesn't tow anything would buy this...lol

Well, I'm not going to try to guess where this invention will lead or what kind of marketing success it will have or even what impact it might have on the crossbow's effectiveness for hunting. I might however speculate that this is just one step toward bigger and better tech advances but of course time will tell. From what I see on the video and other videos in the past, I would say that the idea of a marketable repeating crossbow has moved one step closer.

Legit question here.. what difference would it make whether you cocked the crossbow manually or auotmatically if its cocked and locked way before you shoot it anyway... I could see the problem with it if guys were cocking the crossbows just before they shoot..but thats not the case

Yes, you have to wonder why a company like Parker would waste all that R&D money and marketing cash on something that has no value.

there you go with your never ending philosophical bantering again on how the big corps are just dying to get crossbows legal everwhere just so they can lead a charge and eventually have us all hunting with laser beams in your bow season :P  man you gotta get of this fantasy trip dude ???  i'll bet you check under your bed every night before you hit the sack huh? ;D  those boogie men are all around us LOL!!!

I guess an automatic cocking device on a crossbow would be acceptable under the A.D.A. :-\

Somehow I don't think that's where they were going with the idea when they allocated the cash to develop that feature.

Doc, my comment was said in jest. In any event, it seems like that sort of crossbow represents a "concept Crossbow" akin to an automakers concept car. Such a weapon would probably not be accepted as a legal hunting implement but as a marketing tool it serves their purpose quite well (we are talking about it and can reference the company who invented it, its a win win situation for the manufacturer).

I guess an automatic cocking device on a crossbow would be acceptable under the A.D.A. :-\

Somehow I don't think that's where they were going with the idea when they allocated the cash to develop that feature.

Doc, my comment was said in jest. In any event, it seems like that sort of crossbow represents a "concept Crossbow" akin to an automakers concept car. Such a weapon would probably not be accepted as a legal hunting implement but as a marketing tool it serves their purpose quite well (we are talking about it and can reference the company who invented it, its a win win situation for the manufacturer).

Yes, you're right. We are both guessing about where this new crossbow might lead. My point is simply that just as the compound never stayed at the same technological level as the old Allen, What you are seeing in a crossbow today is nothing compared with the logical progression that it is bound to undergo. This auto cocking device is only an indicator that they are beginning to think along those lines already and that they have absolutely no intention of keeping the crossbow technology along the lines of what you see today. And consequently, my comment about "....and so it begins". Because surely this is only the beginning.

By the way, in terms of legal limitations, remember that the initiator of legal exceptions is not a responsibility of the crossbow manufacturers. Someone is going to have to be monitoring every new design and legally proving that innovations move the weapon outside the official definition of a crossbow before they can be deemed illegal. That doesn't sound like a very cheap process, and most likely they will be given great latitude just as the compounds were. So I wouldn't look to the law to maintain restrictions and controls on just where crossbow technology grows.

Yes, you're right. We are both guessing about where this new crossbow might lead. My point is simply that just as the compound never stayed at the same technological level as the old Allen, What you are seeing in a crossbow today is nothing compared with the logical progression that it is bound to undergo. This auto cocking device is only an indicator that they are beginning to think along those lines already and that they have absolutely no intention of keeping the crossbow technology along the lines of what you see today. And consequently, my comment about "....and so it begins". Because surely this is only the beginning.

By the way, in terms of legal limitations, remember that the initiator of legal exceptions is not a responsibility of the crossbow manufacturers. Someone is going to have to be monitoring every new design and legally proving that innovations move the weapon outside the official definition of a crossbow before they can be deemed illegal. That doesn't sound like a very cheap process, and most likely they will be given great latitude just as the compounds were. So I wouldn't look to the law to maintain restrictions and controls on just where crossbow technology grows.

Not really, they would just have to add a regulation along the lines of...

Automatic cocking or loading devices are not allowed unless you have a permanent disability that does not allow you to cock the crossbow.

Not much money involved in that.  :(

another engineering wiz here. if you look at the progression of the crossbows used as far back as the 70s yes there has been some improvement, X-bows of the 70s used open sights and had an MV of about 170 fps. compounds of the 70s had an MV of about 170 fps and might have had a crude pin sight setup. not much of a difference Huh??? so to even hint that crossbows will some how morph into some super sonic high tech killing device is stupid at best. for crying out loud man modern compounds are on the verge of 400fps, wake up and learn about the sport of archery alittle man!!!Doc seems your just overcome with this fantasy trip, LOL and so on ;D

So Squats in trees, what exactly is your problem that you don't even have a clue how to discuss anything in a courteous fashion. Are you thinking there's something clever or convincing about constantly being such a jerk? All you are really doing is demonstrating that you have no concept of common decency. I pretty much have been ignoring your foolish braying but I must admit that I am finally a bit curious about what makes you have such a need to display your obvious poor upbringing and total lack of social skills.

I'll go back to continuing to ignore your weird personality, but I thought just this once that it might be interesting to ask just what kind of mental instability makes a person conduct themselves in such a screwball fashion.

So Squats in trees, what exactly is your problem that you don't even have a clue how to discuss anything in a courteous fashion. Are you thinking there's something clever or convincing about constantly being such a jerk? All you are really doing is demonstrating that you have no concept of common decency. I pretty much have been ignoring your foolish braying but I must admit that I am finally a bit curious about what makes you have such a need to display your obvious poor upbringing and total lack of social skills.

I'll go back to continuing to ignore your weird personality, but I thought just this once that it might be interesting to ask just what kind of mental instability makes a person conduct themselves in such a screwball fashion.

"WOW" for a guy who's been ignoring me thats a pretty intense reply..i'm doing nothing more than arguing the facts, yes with you mostly, and you resort to attacking me personally and calling me a jerk, now, now. ;)

i'm just shining a light on your sky is gonna fall theories and whats gonna happen if hunters with disabilities are able to hunt with a crossbow, or even God forbid having NY hunters have the right to choose to use a crossbow during regular bow season, and your spinning these BS fairytales about auto loading crossbows, and firearms in bow season. you make a big stink over nothing, when the facts dont work you just try and blow up a huge smoke cloud in your feeble attempt to confuse the issue, well it won't work DR Doom, give NY hunters alittle more credit than that, we are not stupid...LOL and so forth 8)

Yes, and I have already wasted far more time on you than you deserve. I'm sure this is not the first time you have had your mental instability problems pointed out. And I think the tone of ALL of your posts shows that you have no intention or ability to carry on any kind of reasonable conversation. So do what you think you have to. I am done with you.

Legit question here.. what difference would it make whether you cocked the crossbow manually or auotmatically if its cocked and locked way before you shoot it anyway... I could see the problem with it if guys were cocking the crossbows just before they shoot..but thats not the case

Yes, you have to wonder why a company like Parker would waste all that R&D money and marketing cash on something that has no value.

That didn't make any sense Doc (as usual) It has a lot of value in that it is easier to cock the crossbow.. I asked because i don't see the advantage as it pretains to making it any easier to kill an animal with it.. it just saves some muscle cocking a crossbow that is cocked long before you see any deer... if you have ever cocked a crossbow by hand you would see the value... might have a huge value to a disabled hunter :D

Here's a great idea. Instead of writing a letter or email why don't all of you on this forum hop  a bus next Tuesday and hand deliver your letters to your leggiscritters.

Or ......... do a 20 man march .

yes sleep my little child, sleep, or maybe you should wake up and look at the numerous polls recently taken by NY hunters that are vastly in favor of using the crossbow during your bow season.

another feeble attempt by a self centered hunter who thinks his woods are going to be soiled by them thar foul crossbowers!!!

Here's a great idea. Instead of writing a letter or email why don't all of you on this forum hop  a bus next Tuesday and hand deliver your letters to your leggiscritters.

Or ......... do a 20 man march .

That is quite funny actually!  With a little trick photography they can make it look like there was a mass of humanity there in support.

There was a petition at my local shop about a year ago for full inclusion.

In about a month, there was well over a 100 signatures.

Shop owner said less then 10 declined to sign.

Many comments of "I don't want one but don't care if others do".

This is in southern Cayuga County.

do the research and learn my child... to be led like a blindered horse walking down the avenue never seeing the wonders that are really around you is no way to go thru life.

I hope your not off your Meds ! Research ? Nothing posted in any of the Bow Shops as to any polls . Since you have this info , why don't you share where it came from with us o mighty Guru . Don't make us climb to the top of the mountain to find out .

Grasp the pebble from my hand , Grasshopper !

Crossbows will be legalized in the near future. And they will be allowed during the regular archery season as well in the late season. Like rifles, crossbows will be here. Huntin will still be the same. Just another option of weapon to use. the same people not taking deer with a compound or rifle. Will be the same people not taking deer with a crossbow. No matter what side someone stands on the issue. They are on their way.

I don't see how having crossbows will have any impact what so ever on NYS hunting... Especially in the Regular season.. I view it as just another weapon that I'll have the pleasure to try and take a deer with... and I definitely will try! When will we get a hammer season?? :(