send letters for crossbows in NY

Funny how some of you guys feel threatened by people on a forum just offering up opinions... nobody is forcing anything on anyone... this is mearly a discussion of ideas and opinions... stop taking it so personal... not everyone is going to agree with one another... and some ofthe discussion get a bit heated.. so what... at the end of th day this is just a forum.. if it was all that bad poeple wouldn't be sticking around for further debate... so quit your whining like the reast of us losers :O

Just follow the rules, losers.

No need to change them...they have worked fine for decades.

the rules will be changed to include full inclusion of crossbows soon enough, they will continue working fine for decades to come and i guess you will be seeing yourself as the "LOSER" :) .

:D :D ;D

Anyone see the newest issue of NY Outdoor News? Gordon Batcheller, the DEC's cief biologist made a pretty interesting comment about the crossbow issue and how DEC feels about it. When talking about what seasons crossbows will be allowed in and that they will not be allowed in regular archery season, this is what he said...

"Thats the way the legislation was written, We (DEC) have a different view (of what seasons where crossbows should be allowed), but thats the law. We were hoping for a broader opportunity for using crossbows."

Sounds like DEC will be pushing for full inclusion come 2012 when they rewrite the legislation.

Don't forget the NYB Gods have spoken part.. thats the most important

Since they represent ALL NY bowhunters....you are probably right. ;D

They represent themselves and their members. Thats about it.

Actually just themselves and a very few of their members.

Anyone see the newest issue of NY Outdoor News? Gordon Batcheller, the DEC's cief biologist made a pretty interesting comment about the crossbow issue and how DEC feels about it. When talking about what seasons crossbows will be allowed in and that they will not be allowed in regular archery season, this is what he said...

"Thats the way the legislation was written, We (DEC) have a different view (of what seasons where crossbows should be allowed), but thats the law. We were hoping for a broader opportunity for using crossbows."

Sounds like DEC will be pushing for full inclusion come 2012 when they rewrite the legislation.

Yup, it will be changed in 2012. It will be just like Pennsylvania.  I am buying my first crossbow this spring.  Going on a hunt in PA for Deer early November, back to NY for shotgun season, then give the crossbow a try again in NY for the late ML/Bow season.  By 2012, the crossbow will be allowed throughout all of early bow just like in Pennsylvania.  I think the exception might still be Westchester County, and Long Island.

Yup, it will be changed in 2012. It will be just like Pennsylvania.  I am buying my first crossbow this spring.  Going on a hunt in PA for Deer early November, back to NY for shotgun season, then give the crossbow a try again in NY for the late ML/Bow season.  By 2012, the crossbow will be allowed throughout all of early bow just like in Pennsylvania.  I think the exception might still be Westchester County, and Long Island.

I hope they dont exclude any part of NY, as long as the area already has an archery season, they should be included. It is just another type of bow after all.