send letters for crossbows in NY

• [[[[[[[accusing someone of sidestepping..he should kno..dude...hes the prickiest "adult" i kno..then heel come back and say you misunderstood..hes gotta remain political you see..his site and all..question for a question..i have an old bow that would mount perfectly on a stock..could i use that? Cause i would totally try that dude

an adult doesn't use the word "dude"...lol

A square adult might not......a parent who survived teenagers definitely would....dude.

A parent that "survived" teenagers would be too cool to use the word "square" then... like I said before .. you're nothing but a trouble maker...

For my own purposes I think crossbows should have their own season... I would be more apt to buy one then... I personally would not give up the trad bow for a compound during the bow season... But inclusion during the bow season wouldn't bother me at all.... well except for all the dead bodies laying around because of how unsafe I have heard the crossbow would be ;)

I agree . Make February 29  Crossbow season !

I have respect to those who think that a bow should be hand drawn and released! i just don't think this is a battle you can win! maybe at best i can see a primative bow season or even a primitive muzzleloder season. Fact is hunters are on a decrease and anything that promotes hunting i stand in favor for! Maybe a comprmise is in order here????  A seperate crossbow season??? either before or after or during the early season? I can see the beneifit of a primitive season but do compounds qualify?? they hold a portion if not most of the drawweight? I personally do  not have a problem having x-bows as part of if not all of the bow season ... many will not agree... fact is they are no more accurate or easy to use as a compound bow.. even with the ability to draw before game is seen.(how many 80%  +  let off bows are available out there?) i , know there are many of you that think practice is important BUT REALISTICALLY AFTER YOU SIGHT IN DOES IT TAKE MUCH PRACTICE TO BECOME PROFIICIENT?? for those of you that shoot recurves or longbow and are complaining i feel your struggle (maybe you should get a primitive season during the rut!)! compounds are another issue! the traditionionalists lost to you in the late seventies!  are you deserving of your own season imo yes!!  To try and seperate compunds and x-bow is childish!! imo... they are eessentially the same so unless you are a traditional bow shooter(fingers with recurve or long bow) you are fighing a losing battle that your forefathers fought to keep compound out of  bow season!!  Arrowflinger and others no offence  but you may win the battle but not the war!!! i respect you for what opu belive in but it is coming like a titlewave and i fear for your survival......

Is it the fact that the anti crossbow people don't want every Tom-Dick and Harry in the woods while they are bowhunting.

We all see this during gun season, the guys who makes a lot of noise to and from the stand, no scent control and hunts for an hour and starts to move around. That's just one example of someone that would not fit into the bow season. So are you guys worried about having these people in the same woods as you during a time when stealth mode is key, scent control is a must and all that hard work and practice with the compound goes into my hunt?

Yes, and yes.... ;D

Spiker - how about backing up your agreement with Growsalot's allegation that crossbows in the archery season will be dangerous to both other hunters and the non hunting recreational population.

Hint - proof would be case histories from states where crossbows are included and incidents have been filed. Based on your fears, there should be a great number of these. Perhaps Growsalot can furnish them to you.

Maybe a comprmise is in order here? ???  A seperate crossbow season??? either before or after or during the early season?

I agree that a separate season is the best alternative. 

The crossbow pushers will still whine about it.....they want all or nothing.

So I say give them nothing. 

so come on what country did you high tail from, i'll bet dollars to rubbles it was one where you didnt even have the right to hunt or let alone be out after 8p.m. at night right? ??? ??? ??? so you ran with yer tail between yer legs to come to our great country so you can flap your lips and tell us how to hunt after being here for how long, bet you it hasnt even been a few years right? ??? ???

maybe you should head back to your fatherland and do some hunting there, huh? ??? ? :) LOL!!

A)  Its "rubles" not "rubbles. :;)

;) You are accusing her of being from Russia...that would be "Motherland," not "Fatherland." :;)

You come across as a racist horse's ass.

"God Bless America" and screw anyone who comes from a "Father land or Mother land" and thinks they can spew their baseless, uneducated idealogy about hunting in America. so unless they are from the land of the free they can keep their opinions to themselves.....and if they don't like the way we hunt or the weapons we choose to hunt with let them hunt in some other country.....and as far as referring to me as a horse's ass my response to that is, YOU ARE THE PART OF A HORSE THAT LAYS RIGHT UNDER A HORSES "DOCK"..... LMAO ;D

once again NY hunters, here are the bills, call your lawmakers and stop wasting your time with the anti hunting dumbfarts on this site.....

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A00469&term=2011

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=S02973&term=2011

kinda funny how when you look back and see these bills are only a little something to help out hunters in our state that have disabilities, and you have all these anti crossbow wingnuts fighting this like it will be the end of mankinds existence on the planet, what a bunch of losers??????????????

Can you explain to me how crossbows hurt bowhunters.

You are being obtuse.

You have fabricated this notion that the only reason to exclude crossbows is because they hurt bowhunters, and continue to demand to know how they would hurt bowhunters.

You demand an answer for a motive that you created for me.

OK, let me get this straight; now you say:

I demand an answer for a motive that I created for you. I created that motive you say; really.  Actually I quoted you and then asked the question.

this is what you said before I asked you to explain:

BTW...can YOU say cannibal?  Because that is what crossbows do to bowhunting....they cannabalize bowhunters.  There are 3 crossbow hunters for every 2 bowhunters in OH....imagine how much stronger bowhunting would be if all of the physically able crossbowers used a bow instead of a crossbow.

In VA' date=' they lost 14,000 bowhunters in the first 2 years of crossbow legalization.  Why?  They took up the crossbow instead.

Crossbow growth comes at the expense of bowhunting.  It is ironic that you claim opponents to be cannabilistic when the proof is already evident that crossbows cannabilize bowhunters.

First off explain to me how I "created the motive" that crossbows hurt bowhunters. It is quite clear that this was your quote. "crossbow growth comes at the expense of bowhunting", yet you say I both created that and now have the audacity to ask you to explain it.

Obviously your prior post was only about ducking the question I ask and all about deflecting the truth, so I ask you again to explain that quote and to supply the facts that support that statement.

This time you might want to try a little less emotion based "run around the question asked tactics" that you used in your last response, and actually get to some true facts that support your argument. Can you do that?

First off explain to me how I "created the motive" that crossbows hurt bowhunters. It is quite clear that this was your quote. "crossbow growth comes at the expense of bowhunting", yet you say I both created that and now have the audacity to ask you to explain it.

Obviously your prior post was only about ducking the question I ask and all about deflecting the truth, so I ask you again to explain that quote and to supply the facts that support that statement.

This time you might want to try a little less emotion based "run around the question asked tactics" that you used in your last response, and actually get to some true facts that support your argument. Can you do that?

You are playing dirty again (still.)  That's OK...I expect all crossbow pushers to cheat.

You were demanding I answer how crossbows impact bowhunters way before this quote. 

This quote was in response to your repeated insinuation of "cannibals"....I merely pointed out that it is crossbows that cannibalize.

However, if you choose to infer that that crossbows cannibalizing bowhunters is a direct and negative impact on bowhunters (I would agree)......than I guess I have provided you with at least one answer to your irrelevant question. 

That means you can be happy that I answered your question, and shut up about it now.  :)

once again NY hunters, here are the bills, call your lawmakers and stop wasting your time with the anti hunting dumbfarts on this site.....

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A00469&term=2011

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=S02973&term=2011

kinda funny how when you look back and see these bills are only a little something to help out hunters in our state that have disabilities, and you have all these anti crossbow wingnuts fighting this like it will be the end of mankinds existence on the planet, what a bunch of losers? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?

Thanks for that info; I better give that call while the earth is still on it's axis. Who knows what might happen next? We all know what's happened elsewhere?

Seriously kinda sad that people that need this to get in the game should should run up aginst such a wall of opposition. 

Nobodys tellin ya ya gotta  use a crossbow..but the state knows that itll be easier fir a gun dude to pick up a crossbow than learn to shoot a bow..more stamps or tags sold..gun guys will get a longer season to hunt if theyre willin ta pay..and the minority bow hunters will be shat on once again..i would use a cross bow..but they scare the crap outta me..and i can reload a bow quicker than a crossbow..for me that is the difference..but im all for the state makin $