Not looking good

WNYBuckHunter

Well, my prep has come to a complete halt. Im too busy dealing with our new house and getting ready to move. I think I will still be getting stands set and lanes trimmed while the rest of you are hunting lol. This years October 1 opener is not going to be of any advantage to me. My freakin stands are still in the basement and garage, and I havent touched my bow in a week. Next weekend is the move and were not done packing, then the weekend after that Im going to be tied up. Yep, Ill be lucky to be ready before the old bow opener this year. Ugh.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. Because of an injury, I have not even been out yet. The pisser is I have tons of time, because I'm still out of work, but my knee is't strong enough to do a lot of walking. I'm going to try to get out towards the end of the week and see how it goes. I have been shooting the bow just about every day .

If worse comes to worse I guess I'll just concentrate on getting out a week late.

my rules for hunting season no weddings no funerals no new houses during hunting season

Well the deal on the house was supposed to be done in August but didnt go theough till a week or so ago, which puts all of the moving, working, etc right at the time I should be getting things done. Add to that my fiance's work schedule and having to stay home with the kids, and yeah, no time.

I was able to get over to my fathers property this morning and got my stand set there. My lanes are still clear, so that saved me time.

Give a little hunting season up, but just think what you'll have with the new place. Something to enjoy for many seasons to come.

Ill be ready by the time season normally starts. Just gonna be hanging stands during the time I wanted to be hunting. Not a big deal, just frustrating that Im so busy this year.

Send me directions and I'll go hang your stands and hunt them while you are busy. : )

I can relate, just got done doing our roof so I have season free, I need a nap.

You can always hunt from the ground and hang a stand in the afternoon, been there done that. And I never hung a stand last year either, such a pain hanging stands some times.

Send me directions and I'll go hang your stands and hunt them while you are busy. : )

I can relate, just got done doing our roof so I have season free, I need a nap.

You can always hunt from the ground and hang a stand in the afternoon, been there done that. And I never hung a stand last year either, such a pain hanging stands some times.

Yeah, ill probably do something like hang one in the AM and hunt in a different spot for the evening.

I blew my bow up about 5 days ago. Well, that's a bit dramatic but the string broke and I had bow parts dangling all around me including one of the limbs that just missed my head. So I'm knee deep in tuning, re-sighting and working out all the little noises and things that just didn't come back the way it was shooting before. On top of that, I bought a new release as a spare ($80 Tru-ball), and I'm wrestling with that. The strap is about 3 times thicker than my old tru-ball and it's stiff with a very sharp leather edge that seems to want to dig into my wrist (not drawing blood yet but close). I have put a layer of moleskin along the edge and it seems to be working. Also, I have gone from the aluminum "D" loop to a rope loop. A little messing around there trying to get the peep to align. Too much crap going on with my equipment at a point that is getting too be real late.

So I'm getting a bit nervous about the season rushing at me too. I really don't like the way things are starting this year.

But anyway, in the greater scheme of priorities, I think the house is a much more important thing to get finalized and set up. As much as I love hunting, I think the highlight of the year would be a different house and losing a few days of hunting will be worth it..

That sucks but I agree with Doc. New home comes first. Or hunt in the am for a few and shoot home and finish with the house. Best of both worlds. As far as hanging stands, well I don't know about that. Maybe hang em around midnight and hunt the mornings B)

Edited by oneidacountyhunter

I was out in the woods the other day and hung two stands and im pretty lucky I dont have West Nile Virus. Skeeters are down right vicious this yr. Not to mention I trudged through a patch of poison ivy with shorts on, looking up in the trees for a good spot to hang a stand and didnt notice till i looked down for acorns and I was like oh crap!!! Legs itch like crazy from skeeters and ivy. Whos stupid idea was it to open bow season early!!!! :biggrin:

Well, my prep has come to a complete halt. Im too busy dealing with our new house and getting ready to move. I think I will still be getting stands set and lanes trimmed while the rest of you are hunting lol. This years October 1 opener is not going to be of any advantage to me. My freakin stands are still in the basement and garage, and I havent touched my bow in a week. Next weekend is the move and were not done packing, then the weekend after that Im going to be tied up. Yep, Ill be lucky to be ready before the old bow opener this year. Ugh.

Prep...what's that????

Don't you have cable?

It only takes a 1/2hr to kill a mature buck and be the envy of your forum brothas! :gamer: (SHORT VERSION)

EXTRA..., EXTRA.....read all about it,lol

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1