Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat for blind hunting?

I will be setting up two blinds this weekend and I've been looking for some comfortable seats to put into the blinds I can use for bowhunting deer and turkey. I have a sling seat/stool I've used in the past but after sitting 2-3 hours, . . . Oh! My aching back!!. I've researched online and have found one called the Huntmore seat but it's $200. Oy vey! Costs more than my two blinds together. I was thinking of trying one of those triangular stools with the fabric but after speaking with other hunters shopping at Dicks, they don't recommend them unless I want to be singing in the boys choir. :O

I've read on other forums that some guys use camp chairs without arms. I can't find any for less than $50. I was thinking of taking an old camp chair I have sitting around in my shed and sawing off the arms so they wont get in the way of my drawing the bow. What 'cha all think? :unsure:

I have used the triangle seat for years and sit hours on it but I use a pad under my ass too.

Here's a suggestion. Buy a few of them keep the receipts and set them up in your living room and watch TV for a few hours. Stay in the same one for one night and so on. Keep the one that's works best.

I tried a few kinds the ones arm rest are a waste,some were too low some too high.I found what works for me is a tree stump cut to a height that suits you with a hot seat on it,I can rotate 360 degrees and see out all of the windows and draw a bow. If I planed ahead I would have cut a tree down lower then the inside of the blind and put one of the swivel seats that strap on to a tree.I nave one in my tree stand and it works great.

• Like 1

I tried a few kinds the ones arm rest are a waste,some were too low some too high.I found what works for me is a tree stump cut to a height that suits you with a hot seat on it,I can rotate 360 degrees and see out all of the windows and draw a bow. If I planed ahead I would have cut a tree down lower then the inside of the blind and put one of the swivel seats that strap on to a tree.I nave one in my tree stand and it works great.

Not a bad idea. I have one of the big game swivel seats i use in one of my spots for turkey hunting. And there are some cut trees in the area i want to put my blind. Hmmmmm....

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here ya go Deerthug. I probably got enough extra parts laying around to customize ya one with handlebars, saddle bags, and a wheelie bar if you'd like.....maybe a blaze orange whip flag for safety and a headlight for night hunting,lol

All crap I found in the woods.

106_1364.jpg

106_1383.jpg

I take the plastic patio chairs out to the hunting spot . I need a back support . Can't handle the 5 gal buckets anymore . The folding canvas seats are a bit low and uncomfortable so I go with the plastic chairs . I pick up the ones that people discard on garbage day after they fade and stain from a few years service .

Here ya go Deerthug. I probably got enough extra parts laying around to customize ya one with handlebars, saddle bags, and a wheelie bar if you'd like.....maybe a blaze orange whip flag for safety and a headlight for night hunting,lol

All crap I found in the woods.

106_1364.jpg

106_1383.jpg

Cool idea but i think if i sit on that for too long i'm going to be singing in the Vienna Boys Choir. LOL!

Yeah.. I use those, full size, folding nylon chairs with a back. They work well & they even have cup holders! I use to have one that was camo and had a cushioned seat and back. I'm pretty sure I left it in the woods or dropped it of the ATV around 5 years ago and never saw it again. I haven't seen one like it since. I think the wife got it a Wally world

Can you be more clear? By blind do you mean pop-up blind?

In my pop-up blind I have a nice lawn chair. The hard part is finding one that won't squeek or creek when it gets cold. In my tree stand I have a bucket with a swivel top.

They are pop up blinds roughly 60" tall and 5' x 5'