Found a dead buck...

WNY Bowhunter

A small caliber bullet hole in the ribs ( or elsewhere), like a .22 or .17 rimfire that leaves no exit might be mighty hard to find unless you skin the buck..

Too bad..He's a real toad.

Thats what Im thinking. I have seen them shot with a 223 and sometimes it's impossible to find the bullet hole.

Thats a damn shame. It would piss me off too.

Thats what Im thinking. I have seen them shot with a 223 and sometimes it's impossible to find the bullet hole.

Thats a damn shame. It would piss me off too.

Yup, I have found 22 cal bullets inside deer. It's a damn shame but people will shoot them with these guns.

Huge beast! It would be amazing to stumble across a dead buck like that in ones hunting area. What's up with your buddies face? Is that a birthmark or something? LOL Or is he covering his face so that we don't recognize him on this weeks episode of "Americas most Wanted'? LOL

Huge beast! It would be amazing to stumble across a dead buck like that in ones hunting area. What's up with your buddies face? Is that a birthmark or something? LOL Or is he covering his face so that we don't recognize him on this weeks episode of "Americas most Wanted'? LOL

I can only imagine coming up on that thing, first thought would have been "Oh no Im going to spook him" then the realization that he is dead..bummer

I'm the guy holding the deer in the first photo. The other person is my cousin. I just blocked his face out because he's not much to look at...lol.

Yeah, we've seen you before. I hope your cousin doesn't read this forum. He may get offended. LOL Grandma always considered him the handsome one, while you were the better hunter. LOL

Yeah, we've seen you before. I hope your cousin doesn't read this forum. He may get offended. LOL Grandma always considered him the handsome one, while you were the better hunter. LOL

No big deal if he gets bent out of shape over it. My dad has 6 brothers and 6 sisters so I've got plenty of cousins left to hang out with...lol.

• Like 1

WOW thats a brute, and you have bigger, dam. You are in a great area of NY, yes I am jelouse of you WNY hunters!!! Shame to loose suck a nice buck... I would have skinned and gutted to check, as long as you do not take him out I think thats legal, NO? How old do you think he is? Thats a big deer! Nice find but again such a shame, I would hate to find a bullet in him and would hope he has internal injurys from a vehecle.