2012 Gun Hunting Harvest Thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2012 gun season deer here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my 16 year old nephew to Letchworth Park today.He got his first deer about 10 minutes after legal shooting time started with his grandfather's very old J.C. Higgins smooth bore 12 gauge pump.He missed the first shot but hit him on the second, the deer went about 200 yards with no blood trail.I am so happy we found him! Picture is from a phone.It was a 6 point buck.

post-491-0-07798200-1353195157_thumb.jpg

Edited by 132 eight pointer
  • Like 14

Got this button head around 3:30pm. I wasn't paying attention just looking down and my gun. The squirrels were running all around me and when I looked up, it wasn't squirrels making noise it was this guy walking right to me. I thought it was a doe until I walked up to it. I shot him the exact same spot that I got my deer in bow season a couple weeks ago.

Meat for the freezer! Still got some big boys out there hopefully.

post-2621-0-20679000-1353197827_thumb.jp

• Like 6

It was an awesome opening morning sit, although very short. As soon as I climbed into my stand I had deer in the 50 acre field I was overlooking. I had hardwoods behind me with a standing cornfield on the other side. The leaves in the woods were perfect to alert me of any movement with a nice frost from cold weather. After watching deer move around field right at first light I heard the "crunching" of leaves and this fella came out of the woods 50 yds to my right. Gave me a great opportunity to make a clean shot and I was able to make the most of it. He is not a giant but my second buck ever taken and first since 2007, rough score of 115. My biggest to date.

post-142-0-56264700-1353248572_thumb.jpg

post-142-0-58644000-1353248654_thumb.jpg

post-142-0-87563000-1353248747_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Went to ole reliable...shot at a yote at 6:56...missed ...gun jammed spent 15 mins. fixing that...at 8:27 this guy showed up moving good...found an opening he was headed for...50yrds out...he appeared and I shot he hunched up jumped a few yards then walked away with his tail down and flickering very fast...I lost sight of him and heard no crash ...so sat tight....30 mins later a deer came into where I last saw him...spent some time milling in the area ...I knew he was down ...when the young doe left I went and got him...he'd walked another 60yrds and went down...no blood at all until 5yrds from his body...proud of that shot ..I'm not afraid to say

• Like 16