Effectively Useless 3G Doe Permit

13BVET

Boy, am I steamed. Had called the landowner before the season, to make sure that I could still hunt the property. I was told it was no problem. Just the other day, I called to see if I could hunt the property this week. Apparently, I was thrown to the wolves, as the landowner decided to let someone else hunt it instead. I had been hunting there for years, and was reassured just last year, that I would always have the right to hunt there. Now, in all fairness-it is his property. What I'm steamed about, is someone who gave their word on something, and obviously lied. I can't stand liars. Now, I'm stuck with a damned 3G doe permit, which took me years to get, and, quite frankly, I really couldn't afford to purchase. Nonetheless, I did buy it anyway, and now I regret it!

looks to me as 3g is a good sized area find some state land if there is any or find so place else it is prob over money people buy there way in to some of these hunting places its sad but true and maybe you did something to upset the landowner but my guess is the all mighty$$$$$ good luck and have a better day and if you couldnt afford a $ 10.00 tag maybe you shouldnt be hunting to begin with ? so pull up your big girl pants stop crying .......

looks to me as 3g is a good sized area find some state land if there is any or find so place else it is prob over money people buy there way in to some of these hunting places its sad but true and maybe you did something to upset the landowner but my guess is the all mighty$$$$$ good luck and have a better day and if you couldnt afford a $ 10.00 tag maybe you shouldnt be hunting to begin with ? so pull up your big girl pants stop crying .......

Why is it that when someone posts something, somebody has to say something asinine? FYI genius, I have a disabled son, which costs me a lot of money. Not that it's any of your business. If you don't have something half way positive to say, then shut the hell up.

Man that stinks. Sounds like the land owner made a deal with someone. It happened to me a few years ago with property I had been hunting for 30 years, so I know how you feel.

Thanks, Ants. It does suck. Thanks to everyone else for not being asinine about it-with the exception of one.

13B don't let one guy get to you. I would try to see if you couldn't trade it in the dmp trading section of this forum. You could always stop by the guys house and try to talk to him in person it is a lot harder for people to go back on their word face to face.

BigGame, that's not a bad idea. Thanks for the info.

13B don't let one guy get to you. I would try to see if you couldn't trade it in the dmp trading section of this forum. You could always stop by the guys house and try to talk to him in person it is a lot harder for people to go back on their word face to face.

Explain the doe tag thing and see if would at least let you hunt when the other guy isn't. It's worth a try.

Not cool.

13BVET. Good luck!!

ass

• Like 1

13Bvet

I know your frustration.

Many years ago when I was living in Ohio, my buddy and I stopped at a farm and an old man sitting on the porch gave us written permission to hunt his farm. The place was perfect and loaded with fox squirrels and deer.

2 weeks later we went squirrel hunting and scouting for the up coming deer season. Got back to the car and was meet by a middle aged guy. Told us we couldn't hunt there and after we showed him the written permission we explained that the old man had past away.

Dad 6424 --- you might want to edit your comment. It gives everyone the impression that you are a jerk.

• Like 1

Are you saying that only the wealthy should be allow to hunt? How about those who hunt to feed their families?

• Like 2

Yeah..when I lost my old hunting spot a while back it was 2 weeks before bow opened. Me and a buddy showed up to clear and set stands. The owner, who we knew and sometimes hunted with for 30+ years, just walked up to us and said "sorry boys no more hunting. I leased my land off" then he just walked away. As he was walking off he added "don't let me catch you in there". It was like we were two strangers who just decided to stop and walk onto his property.

Stuff like this sucks!

you should really think before you make a comment like that... not knowing someones story and passing judgement is ridiculous...

13B goodluck, i hope it all works out for you bud!

13BVET - I don't know you personally, but last season I sent you a 3N DMP free of charge/trade.

I have no use for a 3G. However, if you want a 3N DMP again, contact me just after the gun season starts and I'll see what I can do for you again.

13BVET - I don't know you personally, but last season I sent you a 3N DMP free of charge/trade.

I have no use for a 3G. However, if you want a 3N DMP again, contact me just after the gun season starts and I'll see what I can do for you again.

13BVET deserves first crack at it but if he doesn't need to 3N, I would love to take it off your hands, Biz if you are kind enough to extend the same offer to me. Thanks.

13BVET deserves first crack at it but if he doesn't need to 3N, I would love to take it off your hands, Biz if you are kind enough to extend the same offer to me. Thanks.

Last year I sent the tag out to him on 12/1. I always get 2 3N DMP's just incase I see cool piebald doe or something (which I never have lol). Otherwise I haven't shot a doe in 12 years.

If I dont use them, I will send out 1 of my 3N DMP permits on Monday November 26th to whichever of you wants it. Shoot me a PM around that date to remind me. It would still give you a few weeks to use it between the gun season and late ml/bow/crossbow season.